Favorite pocket edc zebralight

jonathan.silva05

Newly Enlightened
Think I'm sold on zebralight. Need a recommendation for a long running comfortable pocketable zebralight!

eightbitpotion

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a MKIII HI, and I was worried with everyone saying to go with the SC63 for EDC... But man, the MKIII completely disappears in my pocket. Imo it's way better feeling in my pocket than an HDS.

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size-wise, I guess the ZebraLight SC52 has the smallest diameter. After that, comes the SC63, followed by the SC600.

If you decide you like the form-factor of the SC600, I recommend waiting a few weeks to see how the SC600Fd Mk. III Plus is received. It promises high-power and high-CRI in the same package. Otherwise, the SC600 Mk. III HI is worthy of serious consideration.

jonathan.silva05

Newly Enlightened
The sc600mk HL is back ordered. Lol I can't imagine when you could get a plus. I may get a single cell sc32 as my small light and that sc600fd when it's available.

tops2

Enlightened
Illumn has the SC600w MKIII HI in stock if you're interested.

All the other suggestions are solid too, but since you mentioned comfortable pocketable, I'd say go with the SC52w. You can use both nimh AA or li-ion batteries with that. The SC32w also sounds good for even smaller size and lighter weight..but then you need CR123 or 16340 batteries.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just pulled the trigger on the mk3HL

You're the man and all the chicks will dig you now.

Congrats.

I'm looking for my second ZL, having the SC600cw and I can't decide if I want a headlight/flashlight, or something that's last year's model, like the SC62w, or just go with an AA light/HL.

You got yourself a nice light. I remember back in '12, when I had my first ZL, lol...

Chris

jonathan.silva05

Newly Enlightened
Haha. I'm already planning my next purchase. This is my first quality flashlight. I may be in trouble. Lol

eightbitpotion

Newly Enlightened
Haha. I'm already planning my next purchase. This is my first quality flashlight. I may be in trouble. Lol

I've owned a ton of EDC lights, and the MKIII HI is my favorite by far. My only serious complaint: I wish there were a screw on bezel... I like a gitd ring on the front, and every single time I've ever dropped a light has been a bezel hit :/. On the upside, it's pretty grippy, so no drops since its release for me. Also, I wish it were a bit more waterproofed, but it's gone in the pool with no problems so far (on accident).

tops2

Enlightened
Help! What's the best unprotected cells and charger for the mk3?

Sanyo-Panasonic NCR18650GA: a 10A rated cell and quite the darling these days. They are naked/unprotected cells, but that's OK, as the ZL has low voltage cutoff and warning. $6.99 is a good price, as well.

http://www.zebralight.com/Panasonic...-Battery-ship-to-US-customers-only_p_176.html

@jonathan.silva05: You can order these too from Illumn. I've noticed the stock went down since I first saw this light go up on Illumn's website. I guess you're the lucky owner! :D

You're the man and all the chicks will dig you now.

Congrats.

I'm looking for my second ZL, having the SC600cw and I can't decide if I want a headlight/flashlight, or something that's last year's model, like the SC62w, or just go with an AA light/HL.

You got yourself a nice light. I remember back in '12, when I had my first ZL, lol...

Chris

@ChrisGarrett: If you don't want too much overlap for your lights, maybe consider the H600Fc/d? Nice headlamp with an awesome flood for indoor use. The high CRI is really nice. The "c" or "d" is just your preference. I tend to like 5000k better so I went with the "d" version. The throw on this should be much less than your SC600 MKIII, but makes up for it with a nice flood for close up/indoor use.

Last edited:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
@ChrisGarrett: If you don't want too much overlap for your lights, maybe consider the H600Fc/d? Nice headlamp with an awesome flood for indoor use. The high CRI is really nice. The "c" or "d" is just your preference. I tend to like 5000k better so I went with the "d" version. The throw on this should be much less than your SC600 MKIII, but makes up for it with a nice flood for close up/indoor use.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not really a 'tint junkie,' but my SC600 is one of the earlier (5/12) CWs and 'sea foam' green is the norm on the lower levels (which isn't a problem for me,) but I wanted to try the 'w' neutral tint on my next one. Maybe I'll look into the 'd' daylight one, as well.

Thanks.

Chris