FCW/SM/GT#15 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - October 4th,5th,6th.

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! I'm in..we're in!

Thanks for the PM, Tim :twothumbs

Karl, don't show up empty handed, like last time...so not cool, NOT COOL! :D

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! I'm in..we're in!

Thanks for the PM, Tim :twothumbs

Karl, don't show up empty handed, like last time...so not cool, NOT COOL! :D

Awesome! Glad to hear you guys can make it. :grin2: ...and I know about Karl, right - the guy doesn't bring any food or any flashlights! LOL :lolsign:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, Tim. Yup, just me, and no tent site required as my 160mph tent will be in the parking area. Most likely doing less than 160 unless descended upon by a mob of angry squirrels, or flashaholics once the chili runs out, or Karl for putting extra beans in his. :devil:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, Tim. Yup, just me, and no tent site required as my 160mph tent will be in the parking area. Most likely doing less than 160 unless descended upon by a mob of angry squirrels, or flashaholics once the chili runs out, or Karl for putting extra beans in his. :devil:

OK, sounds good :thumbsup:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tim, you did mention the possibility of "some rain", based on past events.....However, I didn't notice any mention of the "Tarp of Life"...Are we going wing it, tarp free, and huddle in Shelter A if things get ugly?

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tim, you did mention the possibility of "some rain", based on past events.....However, I didn't notice any mention of the "Tarp of Life"...Are we going wing it, tarp free, and huddle in Shelter A if things get ugly?

Shelter A just might be the "hot party spot" rain or shine! LOL As for the "Tarp of Life" I don't think we will need it this time. There is a permanent structure - gazebo within the confines of our reserved spots. I have some photos of it, but I've had a hard time trying to post them here in the thread. --Tim

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
finally, might be able to go; [h=3]October[/h]
  • October 9: schools closed for Yom Kippur
  • October 14: schools closed for Columbus Day
still have to ask Heidi. but looks like no conflict. only 95.5 mile local for us. 1hr 40min.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
finally, might be able to go; October

• October 9: schools closed for Yom Kippur
  • October 14: schools closed for Columbus Day
still have to ask Heidi. but looks like no conflict. only 95.5 mile local for us. 1hr 40min.

Great - hope to see you guys there.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone thinking about bringing a pet - I just checked on the Spruce Run website and found this:

QUESTION: Are pets allowed?
ANSWER: Yes, on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Not in campgrounds or on beach.

Stan671

Enlightened
Attached is a map of the campground with our four sites marked with stars and the gazebo highlighted. Also attached are two pictures of the gazebo and nearby campsite area.

Attachments

• spruceruncampground FCW.jpg
    spruceruncampground FCW.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 278
  • 20190427_144518_resized_1.jpg
    20190427_144518_resized_1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 20190427_144628_resized_1.jpg
    20190427_144628_resized_1.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Attached is a map of the campground with our four sites marked with stars and the gazebo highlighted. Also attached are two pictures of the gazebo and surrounding campsite area.

Stan - thanks for getting those photos up!! Looks like this will be a great spot everyone - even if there is a little rain. And here again is a link to check out the whole campground/area: Here is a link to Spruce Run: https://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksand...ks/spruce.html

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully the algae bloom will dissipate before we get there. I have new speedos i want to wear...

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better late than never! That's what I never say. ;) Although I NEVER travel much anymore into the People's Republic of New Jersey, I guess I may take the chance that one, or at least Karl, will be responsible for my personal protection. I might even be able to convince my body guard, Dan the coffee drinker, to come along with me. He will do practically anything for protein.

I'm pondering if ear plugs would work equally well as nose plugs, should I end up down wind of Karl's shelter. I'm also a little sad that the worlds largest tarp has been called home to it's final resting place. But the gazeebo looks almost as sturdy.

If all works out, I'm going to do my best to make it there Friday night and Saturday night. Heck, it can't POSSIBLY rain as much as the last one......can it?