Feeler Thread for Custom Machined Lanyard Ring For 6P Series Lights...

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I like the two ring idea. Could one be made wide enough for a Trit vial, or two - in line around the outside?

Hope we can get this going, I would buy 10 for my lights and future ones. Think about how nice having these made here, by a true craftsman, would be...another nice custom detail for several brands of lights.

Last edited:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Lanyard Rings

Heya, designs for what? :)

Another note, I was talking with some fellas yesterday and we came up with the idea of stacking two thin lanyard rings. That way if you wanted one beefy ring you could line them up or if you wanted two, keep them separated. Thoughts? This may have some practical problems but maybe it will lead somewhere, idea-wise.

Just different designs for this ring concept, and all from China.

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast

IMG_1594.jpg

This is very nice...I like :thumbsup:

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jason, do you think we have enough here to put a price to these? Seems like they would be easier to make than a clip, once they are cut there is no additional work, like bending.

More people may commit once they know what they will cost. They would have to be much less than the Ti. Clips.

These together with your clips, would compliment each other.

archer6817j

Enlightened

Jason, do you think we have enough here to put a price to these? Seems like they would be easier to make than a clip, once they are cut there is no additional work, like bending.

More people may commit once they know what they will cost. They would have to be much less than the Ti. Clips.

These together with your clips, would compliment each other.

Hey Ned! so remind me where we are on the design discussion? I can't remember what has been discussed/preferred in terms of the appearance. I think at one point I suggested a single-loop-style where two rings could be doubled up...so you can have one thick single loop or two thinner double loops. I'll have to confirm that there is enough clearance to do that. Typical thickness for each one would be .040", so .080" for both. I'm assuming these should also rotate freely?

I can go ahead and get a quote for maybe 100 pcs. I may also do this as a Crowd Tilt (crowdfunding) campaign like I did with my Preon clips just to make sure there is interest. If I had to ballpark it I'd say $15 each but don't hold me to that. After they are jet, the need to have little plastic ties attached, tumble for about 5 hours, detach the ties and wash them all. Not a ton of work but someone has to get paid to do it :) The other thing that will increase cost is if people want the edge of the holes broken so they are round. In my opinion it might just make sense to plan on replacing the cord every so often, rather than trying to process all of the holes. I haven't had any issues with the cord I keep on my flashlight clip.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jason,

I like the idea of the thinner ring in order to put two together or one of your clips with along with a lanyard ring. I was originally thinking about a concave finished hole, however, cord needs to be replaced often, so the unfinished hole would be fine - at least for the prototype run. On your upper end bespoke models, you can finish them off then or if you get more requests, that aspect can be an easy change.

It would be nice to keep them finished like your clips with flame Ano. an option to add a little extra color on request and additional cost.

I think these would be a nice addition and as far as I know, no other custom makers are producing them, all the ones I have seen are from China.

Your logo fob is about the same size, it seems. Attaching your logo fob to one of these would look great.

Thanks,

NR

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd be happy with either a single loop or dual loop that can act as a single. I'd prefer titanium, but considering the small size, I wouldn't pay extra to have them anodized.

If breaking the hole edges increases the cost by more than a dollar or two, I'm not interested. Paracord is cheap, and will wear out eventually anyway.

Grizz

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would be interested in a few. A ring that offers more than one attachment point and helps with the cigar style grip would be great.