Fire Foxes FF3 -- I Am Blown Away!! **NEW BEAMSHOTS ADDED**

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about replacement bulbs, but the ff3 can be bought for $270 from China. It's the first hit when you google "fire foxes ff3", and everyone seems to have had a good experience buying from them (including me). There are two left in stock right now.

I don't think that there will ever be replacement bulbs for sale since the return wire of the bulbs goes through a hole in the reflector. Removing the bulb from the light would require soldering which is not something that most people do.

cmichael

Newly Enlightened
I don't know about replacement bulbs, but the ff3 can be bought for $270 from China. It's the first hit when you google "fire foxes ff3", and everyone seems to have had a good experience buying from them (including me). There are two left in stock right now.

I try to google, but no luck, What Website is on for sale?

vudoo

Enlightened
I bought my firefox a few weeks ago and was very impressed by it. However the lens cracked after about 5 minutes the first time I turned it on. Most likely a manufacturing fault and with the heat it caused it top crack. I emailed the seller and they were really helpful. They have organised a replacement lens to be sent out to me.

IMG_1379.jpg

vudoo

Enlightened
Does anyone have pics of the contact points for the head? I just tried turning on my FireFox and got nothing. I checked the battery pack, turned on the switch and the green LED's turn on. I measured the voltage and am getting 16.5 volts so that seems fine.

I notice though that the contacts on the head extend out at different sizes? The outer contacts extend more then the inner contact. Is this normal? Is this maybe why its not turning on at all as it is not making contact?

I did try to manually connect the battery pack with the head but I don't think its making contact.

bxstylez

Enlightened
what kind of cells are you using?

HIDs draws almost 9A before settling down to 4A ... so IMR 18650s is the ideal setup

vudoo

Enlightened
I am using unprotected Panasonic 18650 which I have used before in the Firefox without problems. This time I am not getting anything at all.

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
possibly the impact of glass breaking shaked the head & cause wire solder joint broken?

When I open the head for modding, the wire soldering to ballast broke, it was a weak solder joint.

Brave enough to open the head & look?

vudoo

Enlightened
There was no impact when the glass broke as it was tailstanding and just cracked by itself. I have also turned it on a fe times since the glass lens broke so its unlikely that the wire solders broke.

IN saying that I am being sent a new lens so will have to open up the head to replace it. I will check then. Tomorrow I am going to see if I can connect the battery rack to the head with wires. If it doesn't light up then I will definitely know that something is broken inside the head.

Ma_sha is your inner bacttery terminal/connector not as raised as the outer terminals?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine are same height, neither one was raised. The spring on the battery carrier are same height on mine.

vudoo

Enlightened
Here is a pic of the contacts. Not sure why but the middle contact had been depressed and was not making contact with the battery pack. I pulled it out so that it was in line with the outer contacts and this fixed the problem.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt343/vudoo_01/IMG_1414.jpg

Your image is too large and has been replaced with a link. Please resize and repost.
See Rule #3 If you post an image in your post, please downsize the image to no larger than 800 x 800 pixels. - Thanks Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

cchurchi

Enlightened
Just wanted to report that I have 6 full runs (fully charged 3100mAh batteries run until the battery pack is flashing) and several runs to 50% with no problems. I'm very happy with the light and would recomend it to others.

cchurchi

Enlightened
After running mine in cold weather, and then shutting it off, the lens fogs up after about 20 minutes. After awhile, the fog disapates and it's good as new.

If you are asking if the lens gets smoked after use, the answer is no.

tomtomy44

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I got mine, beautiful!
by cons, is there protection against appuies untimely on the switch ?? : on / off / on / off / on / off...etc
it is always the weak point of HID?

one2tim

Enlightened
Just ordered the FF3. Was wondering if its alright to restrike the light, like I do with my led lights?

Isak Hawk

Enlightened
No, you should wait a while before turning it back on, 1 minute at least I think. You CAN restrike it if you have to, but it's not recomended (wears it out a lot faster).