Five Stages of Flashlight Collecting

Garand

Newly Enlightened
I have heard that stupidity can be defined as doing the same exact thing 999 times, and actually expecting a different result when doing the same, just one more time.

That is also the definition of liberalism.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am now officially in the resale stage as I just put up three Ultrafire WF-139 chargers for sale in the CPFMarketPlace :whistle:

Saiga

Enlightened
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocrom

I have heard that stupidity can be defined as doing the same exact thing 999 times, and actually expecting a different result when doing the same, just one more time.

Well said, Garand......well said !!! :twothumbs

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocrom

Well said, Garand......well said !!! :twothumbs

:lolsign:

I concur.

AndrewAZ

Newly Enlightened
I just joined less than a month ago.. I started out with a 6p led then wanted more power and ordered a 9p with the p91 lamp, and now I have a fenix T1 arriving tomorrow at my door.. I caught myself in the HID section and finally said to myself that $400+ for a flashlight is too much and it needs to stop..

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
...$400+ for a flashlight is too much and it needs to stop...
That is what my wife told me when she caught me today dropping $325 on SF diffusers, lanyards and lamp assemblies. She would have flipped her wig had she known that I had spent the money on accessories only. But you are absolutely right: $400+ for a flashlight is too much!

BamAlmighty

Newly Enlightened
When you go into Target once a week looking for clearance deals... might be a little early still, seemed like all the lights went on sales last year around the end of Feb - March.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That is what my wife told me when she caught me today dropping $325 on SF diffusers, lanyards and lamp assemblies. She would have flipped her wig had she known that I had spent the money on accessories only. But you are absolutely right: $400+ for a flashlight is too much!

LOL !

How did she find out how much you spent? Did you accidentally tell her?

Also..... I know I'm not the only one who owns LED drop-ins that cost more than the light itself. :D

Ironically, $400 is what I got in Christmas money this past year.
Hmm.... What to buy? :huh:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Haven't read all the posts here.

But I have it on " good authority " . . . .

:whistle:

When a Flashaholic finds a flashlight
he REALLY likes, he then goes and
buys a Second identical one.

Just in Case !

and . . . . .

When he learns that said light
is being DISCONTINUED < gasp >,
he quickly buys several MORE !

Just in Case !

and . . . .

When he later sees that a dozen
additional "New in Box" of that light
appear on a certain internet
auction site, he quickly decides to
Buy a few MORE !

Just in Case !

:whistle:
_

ChibiM

Enlightened
Burgess, you're reviving something 10 years old, lol.

First: hey, I think I need a new flashlight, let's look on the internet for one.

Then: Hey, there are even forums talking about flashlights

After 1 week: Wow, didn't know there were so many kinds

After 2 weeks: I ordered 2 to compare, and see which one I like the best to keep

After 1 month: I liked both, but I want one for in my truck

After 2 months: I just bought one for the wife, 2 for the kids, 1 for on my keychain, 2 for in the garage, and 5 for giveaways

After 6 months: Mail delivery guy rings the doorbell, you run to the door and the mail delivery guy aks if you bought a box full of flashlights... you nod,give him a tip to stay quiet to the wife, grab the box, run upstairs and open the box like a little child, grinning while hiding all the flashlights in every dark spot in the house....just in case

OEOE

Newly Enlightened
Borderline obsessive, definitely, but resale, no way. I have given a couple away to worthy recipients though.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine were coming to this site then....

Observation, Appropriation, Utilization.

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
My addiction began in 1990 when our Police distributor started carrying Laser Products (Surefire).

And can honestly say that after 28 years, I'm still in the infatuation stage. :awman: