Five Stages of Flashlight Collecting

billbebob

Newly Enlightened
My introduction began in the early 1990's with the old and dim solitarie keychain light and Mag AA light for theater work and A MAG 3C light in the car.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Don't know what stage it is but last night I dreamed my favorite jacket got stolen and all I could think of was the flashlights in the pockets. It seems I spent the rest of the night dreaming of trying to get them back from some crime boss who was holding them for ransome.....

the Five Stages of Flashlight Collecting:
Infatuation, Justification, Appropriation, Obsession, and Resale...........

Justification and obsession seem to be the the major symptoms of the flashoholic!!! Eventually the realization that selling some can justify buying more!:naughty:

Darryl Staw

Newly Enlightened
...I don't think I'm at a stage of "Addiction" just yet. I've gone through the "Justification" stage and the "Appropriation" stage already. I think I'm at, what might be called...the "Trouble-shooting" stage...LOL...Gotta find out a fix for a Fenix I own...:)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm revamping 1-4 to a certain degree. Instead of anything online I've turned to budget numbers from odd sources like grocery stores. Nothing dramatic, nor dynamic. Just a few dollars spent at a time on old school companies current line ups of dime store products using new school technology. They seem to be selling runtime over output and I'm totally cool with that.

Some are old school user serviceable too.