Flashaholic Getogether in Singapore! PART-III (3)

Taipan

Newly Enlightened
Count me 3! I have to come straight from office. Any special gear or attire needed? (so i can pack from home earlier). I think I know that BT food centre ; its the one opposite BT Plaza and Beauty World.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Count me 3! I have to come straight from office. Any special gear or attire needed? (so i can pack from home earlier). I think I know that BT food centre ; its the one opposite BT Plaza and Beauty World.

We gear ourselves with our SBO, SAR21, 2 grenades and a pink teddy bear. :p
J/k, no special attire, just wear what you feel comfy for a night's walk. Mosquito repellant might be a good idea, Sore-eyez might have better or more suggestions.

This time round there's no recce beforehand, so not sure where we're going and for how long...

I got RT leh.....

sian...

you guys go ahead....

RT - Really Tiring, you have my sympathy. :(
Perhaps Sore-Eyez might consider postponing?

SemperFi

Banned
I got RT leh.....

sian...

you guys go ahead....

Hmmm... what does RT stands for? Anything to do with NS routine? Me "sotong" lah... on this:confused:

I remembered that location in BT, was there early this year with friends after a late night out in the city which ended at the popular coffee house, just few meters before the Cold Storage supermarket.

I'll be back in Spore & Malaysia for CNY... I hope to meet you guys should one be planned/organized in early February?:party:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
hey folks, anyone keen on going to a part of Bukit Timah this saturday, 18 September 2010? its near the junction of Petir Road & Dairy Farm Road.

date : 18 September 2010
meeting place : food centre at junction of Bukit Timah Road & Jalan Jurong Kechil
time : 6.30pm for dinner
confirmation date : friday, 17 September 2010

name list:
1) sore-eyez
2) Zeruel
3) Nyong1
4) Taipan
5)
6)

* those who are not sure where exactly is the food centre please let me know. there is a Shell petrol station nearby.
** for those with their own transport, there is supposed to be a carpark 'B' along Dairy Farm Road, according to my road directory (Mighty Minds 2010 edition)
*** those like me who relies on public transport please take note. we will be catching a cab to the location as there is no direct bus there.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
ohh, sad RT. if this location is good i'll make repeat visits. an alternative venue to MacRitchie Reservoir.

for those with their own transport, a search on Google Earth, with the date slider adjusted to 14 March 2009 to the location of Petir Road & Dairy Farm Road. there is a carpark bottom right of the junction. :)

eh, i think we can go ahead with this outing, let's stick to the date. the other way is for more of us to organise! :party:

chanjyj

Enlightened
Ah.. can't make it again.

So sad. Was hoping to test my new UV modded Surefire G2 and Ra Clicky 170T

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm... what does RT stands for? Anything to do with NS routine? Me "sotong" lah... on this:confused:
Yes you are right. It is an acronym for Remedial Training, something to do with IPPT or Individual Physical Proficiency Test in the SAF.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah.. can't make it again.

So sad. Was hoping to test my new UV modded Surefire G2 and Ra Clicky 170T

So you finally bought the HDS 170 clicky? What do you think about it?

I definitely can't make it this week. Will be working.

chanjyj

Enlightened
So you finally bought the HDS 170 clicky? What do you think about it?

I definitely can't make it this week. Will be working.

Waiting for it to arrive, it's somewhere in transit :devil:

I still have reservations about the 10s burst. I can understand Henry's logic. It actually is fine for most people. But I feel somewhat uncomfortable with the light controlling me rather than me controlling the light. :confused:

I'm also abit hesitant about the UI. I have traditionally gone for KISS user-interfaces. The light seems so complex I have a feeling I may need to carry a reference card around (press and hold for X, press twice for Y, press press press for programming...) I'll reserve judgement till it arrives.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting for it to arrive, it's somewhere in transit :devil:

I still have reservations about the 10s burst. I can understand Henry's logic. It actually is fine for most people. But I feel somewhat uncomfortable with the light controlling me rather than me controlling the light. :confused:

I'm also abit hesitant about the UI. I have traditionally gone for KISS user-interfaces. The light seems so complex I have a feeling I may need to carry a reference card around (press and hold for X, press twice for Y, press press press for programming...) I'll reserve judgement till it arrives.

Sorry to have to tell you this, especially if you are still awaiting the 170. Henry just announced a few days back in response to this thread that he is working on adding an additional custom setting to allow users to disable the burst feature and use the light at full power without stepping down. If it would make you feel any better, it would be some time before you see it implemented.

I too believe in KISS UI and have never understood why I need the complexity of the HDS. That's why I love the LX2, until I got the first HDS clicky in my hands. It changed the way I see EDC lights. Trust me, there's a slight learning curve but it won't take long. After that it really is simple and intuitive.

Good luck!

chanjyj

Enlightened
Sorry to have to tell you this, especially if you are still awaiting the 170. Henry just announced a few days back in response to this thread that he is working on adding an additional custom setting to allow users to disable the burst feature and use the light at full power without stepping down. If it would make you feel any better, it would be some time before you see it implemented.

I too believe in KISS UI and have never understood why I need the complexity of the HDS. That's why I love the LX2, until I got the first HDS clicky in my hands. It changed the way I see EDC lights. Trust me, there's a slight learning curve but it won't take long. After that it really is simple and intuitive.

Good luck!

:eek: :ohgeez: :banghead: :rant: :hairpull: :mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:

Thanks.. I really hope there is someway for existing owners to re-program their lights. Golly.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek: :ohgeez: :banghead: :rant: :hairpull: :mecry::mecry::mecry::mecry:

Thanks.. I really hope there is someway for existing owners to re-program their lights. Golly.
That is not going to happen. Henry had already mentioned that somewhere in the thread I gave you. You could always sell it off to get back some of the cash and buy the newer one. I am sure there will be a lot of takers considering HDS lights to be like commodities here.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey folks, anyone keen on going to a part of Bukit Timah this saturday, 18 September 2010? its near the junction of Petir Road & Dairy Farm Road.

date : 18 September 2010
meeting place : food centre at junction of Bukit Timah Road & Jalan Jurong Kechil
time : 6.30pm for dinner
confirmation date : friday, 17 September 2010

name list:
1) sore-eyez
2) Zeruel
3) Nyong1
4) Taipan
5)
6)

* those who are not sure where exactly is the food centre please let me know. there is a Shell petrol station nearby.
** for those with their own transport, there is supposed to be a carpark 'B' along Dairy Farm Road, according to my road directory (Mighty Minds 2010 edition)
*** those like me who relies on public transport please take note. we will be catching a cab to the location as there is no direct bus there.

LobsterX

Newly Enlightened
Hmm hmm

I think put me down as "try to make it"

I finish RT latest 7pm. I come down by cab? Hee hee Hee

I'll try to wash up before I come. Hee Hee...

No new lights to play though....

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Lobster, sure, our dinner usually takes about an hour or so. We would take our time till it's dark too. Hope your RT will not be too xiong.

LobsterX

Newly Enlightened
I almost DIED from RT yesterday....

saw stars + black sesame paste + milky way + pearl dust

and the PT..... Not back friendly....:sick:

Hey Lobster, sure, our dinner usually takes about an hour or so. We would take our time till it's dark too. Hope your RT will not be too xiong.

What is the exact address of the food centre? might wanna grab something to eat before feeding the mozzies at BT..... :)

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost DIED from RT yesterday....

saw stars + black sesame paste + milky way + pearl dust

and the PT..... Not back friendly....:sick:

Did you happened to see mooncakes hanging around you as well? :naughty:

Or maybe many McGizmo Haiku floating around you?

LobsterX

Newly Enlightened
more like black sesame paste dessert mixed with 40% stardust.....

I dun mind the McGizmo Haikus floating around.... can reach out to grab a few for souvenirs and to share around.:naughty:

Did you happened to see mooncakes hanging around you as well? :naughty:

Or maybe many McGizmo Haiku floating around you?