Flashlight Selfies - around the world :)

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
An idea for the future which we did in another hobby.One of the guys organised a simple idea and it went like this.A Matchbox Land Rover was sent out from the USA to a member who put forward their name on the list,once received he put his name on the passport that was included made some pics and posted it to the next name on the list and so on,it even ended up in the factory it was made in and to this day is still going around the world...We could do this with a simple little torch like the Fenix EO1 for instance.

ven

Flashaholic
Thats a cool idea Bill :thumbsup: .................is a bit grim up norf though :laughing:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a cool idea Bill :thumbsup: .................is a bit grim up norf though :laughing:

Loads of pics from the Pyramids to Niagra Falls even one with an Aligator and snakes and well near enough anything really.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My MD2 soaking up the rare sunshine this morning in North Norfolk.
Traid Tail with DD XL-M2 M61 mod.

md2gate.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Loads of pics from the Pyramids to Niagra Falls even one with an Aligator and snakes and well near enough anything really.

I can do dragons(and snakes too)
Dragons den............

Will see what opportunities arise for outdoor pics!:thumbsup:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Are you kidding? Small town USA?
I'm sure your lights have been around.

Maybe at a construction site, an old cemetery, some old historic buildings, Masonic Temples, or churches?
Maybe at a truck pull, greased pig contest (I've never seen one of those), 4H club largest water-mellon contest, or fill up the biggest wagon you can find.

Hey bro... I have faith, once your lights find out that they can post selfies, you'll be posting pictures for them. :thumbsup:

Well we do have this anomolly (sp?) where I live. Once upon a time a chunk of the African continent decided to prove the world is not flat. It ended up butting itself against the Eastern American continent not far from my home. At least that is what one of my road building manuals states.

So I can go stand on one side of a river and be in Africa while being able to see America on the other side of said river.

Edit:

Here's a Pelican M6 somewhere in America near the Coast of Africa.. at least the part that landed here a million billion years ago...

Phone cam absolutely refused to focus on the light.

^^ and here it is at my work.
Well not actually at my work, but posing in front of the desktop background on my computer, which is a photo from my work. A downtown revitalize of a one horse town that is nearing completion.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Is that red light to keep your snake warm?
P

It is P and its not a distraction like a white light,usually around the 32oC temps.............the side he is in is the opposite side to the bulb so a cool area. He has a great placid temperament, funny personality too. Shy at 1st and nervous then after comforting he is off exploring!. He loves body heat so will curl up on your chest under a top, and can feel his little tong tickling you.

Feeding time can be weekly,monthly..........heck its been 4 months once! But he turns into a different beast. With the frozen rats, you warm up in hot water so they can sense body heat and hang it by the tail over the side of a large plastic container. Now some feed in the viv but bacteria from blood and then potential risks of them getting used to being fed in there could cause issues when getting him out!!! You dont want a bite put it that way! The angle of their teeth when they grab you(which is too fast to react), dig in so no simple case of pulling him off(unless you want large holes/rips in your hand).

So something like perfume on the nose to get them to release(not happened to me or anyone in the house).

The speed they pounce is amazing, in the blink of eye it strikes,wraps around 2 or 3 times to crush it, then slowly works its way down head 1st which takes around 10mins........... After this you leave them for 48hrs.........repeat every couple of week to a month(very easy to look after and can live for 20yrs)

He is a pin strips so quite rare and in demand for breading.........Rach just took a shine and felt some kind of bond, the owner did not want to sell at the time as his own............money talks i guess!!

Being an African python they love being confined, live in burrows at night and as long as the temp does not go bellow 16oC they are fine!

They dont get hungry like us, they eat when the opportunity arises!
Ceramic bulb heaters can be used at night if required(dragons too) so no light but warm...........

Cheers ven:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last week we went to the American Museum of Natural History in NYC.
While standing in line for an exhibit, I got out a pack of gum.

Some really BIG guy started giving me a hard time.

He wanted my gum!

I told him, no way, then he started calling me names.

Dum Dum

Dum Dum, gimme gum gum.

My little shorty S2+ jumped to my defense.

He shone his light right into his eyes, and the guy had to close his eyes, and he shut his mouth.

My little hero, then took a selfie! :)

cQ7bFbliKxNSTW_9zT2wNXwM9HqHbOYBggzH_tZC3OYtOXD1r7IdhvKjYp2O3RcE5ZAJeL04Mk6J_wy4qGyWuK3FYOmQ-XUn8T6vYwisH1EY9nRuqr7lrXULxU_fnNtfQOGvJsAgW_R-mLKeHl4CctoSQlYNEBDfrSlSbRvlw-nHb0qhmAbks27Kw63klkRF8VcfruaPYrYTWyDQIzYksCT0z_qPxLuV84Qsu-9C7wvqme4JVgJabfhsMpy2cJF6olBt46LNqZxv4_Rr3X9JdSJY3gWtStGChGgiZQxaWnY2J0vH23a4Kd86eKxo9GlnGFhAYcvncF3bhKP9dR_F9k403hHv4p4gEseflzNIPPdK1mtFa-jlMPU9VNA5CLDhDZC5875gqjBTND6MZCXUiCIg-iZi_-V6U7d1AzHfuNq2lyEm5l15tttfIurY7TkRQr9flOlDpm4h5YflkUOYGutHCgM_5PGpbhx-VJwYFE9hoQXlHcS53W7DDN9WViw600p42iqTpqZJMzLD5lDxhyws5lDbz2i8cWD2aeYzQKTpOCOe7WDUr8rFHYC0tm1WBTt5=w570-h613-no

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today we met Robby! (Well, a pretty good copy at the V & A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green).

Full shot

26172303956_cf98985458_c.jpg

Looking a bit green about the gills...
26131942291_9ccfbfcb6b_c.jpg

Aha - my trusty Green Peak Logan, I wondered who had nicked it!

26198232385_58ef9ee77f_c.jpg

Skaaphaas

Enlightened
It is P and its not a distraction like a white light,usually around the 32oC temps.............the side he is in is the opposite side to the bulb so a cool area. He has a great placid temperament, funny personality too. Shy at 1st and nervous then after comforting he is off exploring!. He loves body heat so will curl up on your chest under a top, and can feel his little tong tickling you.

Feeding time can be weekly,monthly..........heck its been 4 months once! But he turns into a different beast. With the frozen rats, you warm up in hot water so they can sense body heat and hang it by the tail over the side of a large plastic container. Now some feed in the viv but bacteria from blood and then potential risks of them getting used to being fed in there could cause issues when getting him out!!! You dont want a bite put it that way! The angle of their teeth when they grab you(which is too fast to react), dig in so no simple case of pulling him off(unless you want large holes/rips in your hand).

So something like perfume on the nose to get them to release(not happened to me or anyone in the house).

The speed they pounce is amazing, in the blink of eye it strikes,wraps around 2 or 3 times to crush it, then slowly works its way down head 1st which takes around 10mins........... After this you leave them for 48hrs.........repeat every couple of week to a month(very easy to look after and can live for 20yrs)

He is a pin strips so quite rare and in demand for breading.........Rach just took a shine and felt some kind of bond, the owner did not want to sell at the time as his own............money talks i guess!!

Being an African python they love being confined, live in burrows at night and as long as the temp does not go bellow 16oC they are fine!

They dont get hungry like us, they eat when the opportunity arises!
Ceramic bulb heaters can be used at night if required(dragons too) so no light but warm...........

Cheers ven:thumbsup:
African Rock Python. Biggest one I've come across in the wild was this one:

dd241dc54e6ea4ad9acbdb0101ab647a_zpsyovllb15.jpg

Was a bit chilly and she was very lethargic. Would have been in danger if a predator spotted her.

(That's a dirt road for normal vehicles for scale, she easily stretched across it.)

Last edited: