Flashlights in TV shows and movies (Part 4)

SlickSlabMcKnab

Newly Enlightened
Here's some I found while watching The Unit and some House M.D.

I'm going to guess that most if not all are SF lights, I'm sure I saw a 6P in there somewhere too. I know that the yellow one in House is the G2 Nitrolon in yellow?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
First pic, the one next to it, and the one below it = SureFire U2 model.

Third from the top = 6P.

One below that one = Looks like SureFire's weapon-mounted version of their M3 hand-held.

Third from the bottom = Not SureFire! PentagonLights weapon-light. Unsure of the model. SureFire basically sued the company out of existence. They didn't actually win the lawsuit. PentagonLights couldn't afford to stay in business after the judge granted SureFire's request for an injunction. Basically PL couldn't sell any of their lights until the suit was settled or decided. Their hand-helds weren't a match for SureFire's. But their weapon-lights were excellent.

Second to last and last pics = SureFire G2.

Socue521

Newly Enlightened
imgres
This is not be a movie nor a tv-show....its a video game...

Its called Alan Wake. In that game you have to fight shadow monsters at night in foggy woods. In that game, flashlights are you'r number one weapon. When you come across one of those monsters, you'll need to burn the darkness away, before you can kill them for good and you do that by shining your light on them. The game is also sponsered by Energizer, so you will see a Energizer 1aa e2 light, and alot of Energizer batteries.

Its inspired by Twin peaks, x-files and Stephen king. If anyone owns a xbox 360, you should check the game out.

imgres
imgres
imgres

http://www.google.dk/imgres?imgurl=...d=1t:429,r:2,s:0&tx=88&ty=39&biw=1680&bih=858 Here's a pic of the Energizer light from the game :)

imgres

imgres

Last edited:

herbicide

Newly Enlightened
Here's a screenshot from BBC's Egypt's Lost Cities, showing Dr Zahi Hawass' torch.

L8T7m.png

I though it was a Quark Turbo on TV, but looking at it again on Iplayer, I think it has two flats on the body and fluting on the head.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone see tonight's "The Shadow Line"? Detective Gabriel had a UV torch to see the markings on a police drugs cache sample - He seemed to twist it on and it had five 5mm UV led's in the front. My first thought was a Inova X5, but the close up shows a torch I am not familiar with, any ideas - here's the grabs:

5794610633_a83e78bcaf_o.jpg

And in close shot.

5794610245_3b0e1e044b_o.jpg

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "The X-files"

Episode ~ "Fresh Bones."

The duo gets confronted by a soldier with a handgun and a traditional military angle-head flashlight after he catches them sneaking around the compound. Mullder has a large lantern in his hand. (Not the traditional kind. The type with a reflector that runs on a brick-shaped battery.) They show the soldier the trunk they found which contains the human remains of another soldier.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Series ~ "The Hunger"

Episode ~ "Footsteps."

A group of men chase a beautiful woman who is a man-eating monster (literally). The hunters may be just part of her imagination. But in the beginning of the show, they use hand-held spotlights to track her down. She escapes in a cab. Always moving from one country to the next, she meets a mysterious stranger who finally stops her.

This particular episode stands out for having the most potential for an excellent twist ending. Unfortunately, the twist ending turns out to be downright chessy. Few things worse than an excellent horror story ruined by a retarded ending. :thumbsdow

mwb01

Newly Enlightened
Ah yes, Alan Wake. I remember thinking that if I could only get a 1xAA flashlight with that amount of spill and that insane laserbeam throw...

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What Flashlight is this?

Yep, you just hit on a pet peeve of mine...I too, really do hate it when a horror movie/TV show keeps you on the edge of your seat most of the story, only to completely fall apart in the last scene. And it seems to happen more often than not lately. I mean, it's a rare thing in the first place to even find anything decent these days, and when you do, they screw it up at the end. :shakehead

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Falling Skies last night. One of the outlaw guys had that three-headed Fenix...is that the TK45? Seemed to be on low mode when it was on camera.

aimxplode

Enlightened

Surefire M6 Guardian. It was used for about 5 seconds in the scary movie Insidious. A $400 light for 5 seconds!!!!!!

ogsJh.png

Aqx8Q.png

Edit: Just saw the previous posters that had also seen this, strong awareness!

Last edited:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
Series ~ "The X-files"

Episode ~ "Fresh Bones."

The duo gets confronted by a soldier with a handgun and a traditional military angle-head flashlight after he catches them sneaking around the compound. Mullder has a large lantern in his hand. (Not the traditional kind. The type with a reflector that runs on a brick-shaped battery.) They show the soldier the trunk they found which contains the human remains of another soldier.

Are you talking about those huge HID lights with the nasty blue tint and the beam with the huge hole in the center? If so those lights have been featured in many episodes.

Napalm

Enlightened

Hello,

i'm new in this Forum, i'm from Germany.

In a german TV Show one of the Characters has a very big Flashlight, see the Photo.

What Flashligt (Company and Model) is this?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you for your Help.

Looks like the medium TSA CST (Cavity Search Tool). You don't want to see the large.

Nap.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was watching Ghost Hunters International the other day, and they were in Paris down in some old limestone mines, and one of the guys (can't think of his name though), and I swear he was using an ROV Highbeam/Sportsman Extreme 2AA down there. I'm sure it was a rerun, but it's the first time I've seen it. They had a few other lights that I couldn't identify (and maybe a couple of MiniMags), but the head on those ROVs is pretty unmistakable.

That's an excellent light BTW...using a lowly Lux III (or Lux I depending on whether it's a 1W or 3W), they're not the brightest, nor do they have the best tint, but they're tough as nails. I carry it for work, and it's probably my most used and abused flashlight.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Are you talking about those huge HID lights with the nasty blue tint and the beam with the huge hole in the center? If so those lights have been featured in many episodes.

Nope, not those. Mulder's light was a cheap inca. that reached full (crappy) output the moment he hit the switch. Also, the reflector wasn't nearly big enough to be one of those.