Foursevens: Research Poll- what do you want to see?

LowLumens

Newly Enlightened
I love my quark 18650 body and for my use it's durable enough to have had no issues. I still am looking for a second 18650 quark body tube for my wife so when we're camping we both have the same setups. I'll keep searching for one.

Agpp

Enlightened
Re: Hurry up new Quarks!

Is there any chance for a new Mini AA batch?
This baby nickel plated would be just awesome...

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast

Single AA tube ( for QK2A ).

I have one but it's being used in my QTA Tactical with QT2L-X burst head & 14500 battery for a nightstand light ( 780 lumens 1 minute, then 390 lumens ).

C1HvWvR.jpg

I have one but it's being used in my QTA Tactical with QT2L-X burst head & 14500 battery for a nightstand light ( 780 lumens 1 minute, then 390 lumens ).

That's one of my favorites for short-pants summer carry. :thumbsup: If memory serves me, David Chow/Foursevens sold these for a short time. I think he named them Mighty Mouse.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have one but it's being used in my QTA Tactical with QT2L-X burst head & 14500 battery for a nightstand light ( 780 lumens 1 minute, then 390 lumens ).[/FONT][/COLOR]

Nice . . .

I would like to see a newly designed Quark single RCR123A(Battery Tube) that has an added removeable clip, like the QK16L & QK2A. It's the perfect pocket carry size for me.

That's one of my favorites for short-pants summer carry.
:thumbsup: If memory serves me, David Chow/Foursevens sold these for a short time. I think he named them Mighty Mouse.
A single AA NiMh works great with the new MKIII QK2A. Just don't use a 14500 on a MKIII "A" head.
I used to use the Legacy LV head on a single 14500 for that little extra . . .

When you ask, ask big! We want these in polished titanium!
I'll take a Stone Washed Titanium Mini AA please ;)

Last edited:

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
From Foursevens -

The MKIII features the newest
Nichia 319A with 5000K color temperature and 80+ CRI. It's meant to strike the perfect balance between crisp white beam quality and maximum output.

80+ is no high CRI in today's world, with 95 and even 98 available from Luminus and Nichia.

Agpp

Enlightened
I also like CRI80 lights. Actually I like everything from 80 to 9080.
The efficiency loss for going to 90, let alone 9080 is significant.
Beyond that low efficiency is a killer and personally I would consider that only for specialy lightning.

Nichia!

Banned
Hey Chauncey

You can't call it "perfect balance between crisp white beam quality" for anything with 80+ Cri?!
Because if 80+ CRI is perfect crisp white beam then why we all "nichia and high CRI people " keep looking and buying nichia B high CRI with 92-98 CRI??

Yes, yes. Keep reading. It's meant to strike the perfect balance between crisp white beam quality and maximum output.

Hey ChaunceyYou can't call it "perfect balance between crisp white beam quality" for anything with 80+ Cri?!Because if 80+ CRI is perfect crisp white beam then why we all "nichia and high CRI people " keep looking and buying nichia B high CRI with 92-98 CRI??
I'm not calling it perfect. Jason Hui isn't calling it perfect. The words meant and balance have meaning in the information released by Foursevens. Previous Quark models produce more lumens than the new models. However, the MKIII line, with their Nichia 319A produces a much nicer white beam. There's the balance. I hope this helps you understand what the manufacturer was trying to convey. I purchased both of the new MKIII lights and I'm very happy with both of them. For me, the balance of giving up some output to gain a more pleasing color is perfect, as I wouldn't want or need higher CRI at the expense of fewer lumens.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
Yes, yes. Keep reading. It's meant to strike the perfect balance between crisp white beam quality and maximum output.

Why not let the customer choose the preferred LED?
Take a look at what for example: Emisar, Fireflies and Astrolux can deliver.
you can choose a LED with CRI 95-98 and still get more light than with lights from FourSevens.
(If you want even more lumens you can opt for other LEDs.)

Why not let the customer choose the preferred LED?
Take a look at what for example: Emisar, Fireflies and Astrolux can deliver.
you can choose a LED with CRI 95-98 and still get more light than with lights from FourSevens.
(If you want even more lumens you can opt for other LEDs.)

Again, from the owner of Foursevens -

• 80+ Color Rendering Index (CRI): Meets the ANSI indoor lighting standard - CRI is the scientific measure of how accurately a light source reproduces colors compared to sunlight. I'm obsessed with beam quality, and accurate color rendering is an absolute must. The Nichia 319A we selected has 80+ CRI, which is the ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard for indoor lighting. I normally prefer even higher CRI, but to get higher CRI you have to sacrifice brightness. We chose this specific LED because it's the highest brightness available while maintaining a minimum of 80 CRI. Balance, remember? LED selection is absolutely the easiest place to skimp on cost (better LEDs cost more) and "cheap" LED lights tend to have CRI at or below 65. Poor CRI is exactly why everyone used to hate fluorescent bulbs.

bdckr

Newly Enlightened

C1HvWvR.jpg
It looks like the retaining ring for the pocket clip is loose. You might want to tighten that.