From the "What were they thinking file?!?"

My bride of 39 years and I have been streaming Family Guy lately. I find it laugh-out-loud funny.

In a recently watched episode, Chris was sent to the dock to fish for dinner. He was told he was the Bate Master. Later, when asked what he had caught, he replied - "I think I misunderstood the assignment. I wouldn't look in the bucket." :yellowlaugh: :yellowlaugh: :yellowlaugh: I laughed until I cried.

Reactions: TPA

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I loved Family Guy.... Until it got way too political, and not in a funny sense.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Here's the thing, I realized very early on that Seth Macfarlane is our era's Smothers Brothers. In 1967 when the network gave them their own show, the Producers thought that the duo was a little Liberal. A little Left of Center. Decades later, one of them admitted that they're radical Liberals. Producers had no clue. And, they'd sneak little things into their show from time to time that promoted their outlook.

Macfarlane started out copying what the Smothers Brothers did. And, that was fine. But then his radical Leftist views just blatantly came to the surface, and he didn't care. I mean, for a couple of radical left-wing extremists, at least the Smothers Brothers were always entertaining.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't know which season we're currently watching. However, I don't remember being offended so far. We'll see how it goes.
Oh it'll happen. Like locking up a recovering alcoholic in a room full of cheap booze. Might hold out for a few minutes, maybe over an hour. But when you open the door in the morning, you know what to expect.

She wonders why TJ Maxx didn't hire her ....

Image 4-25-24 at 11.34 AM.jpg

... thinks it might be her tattoos.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
She wonders why TJ Maxx didn't hire her ....

View attachment 61158
... thinks it might be her tattoos.
Nope, it's the mentality that exists behind those tats.
And I don't mean a demonic one, either.
She's going to have an attitude. She's going to feel entitled.
She's going to insist everyone use her pronouns.
Job application: Under "gender" she's going to put non-binary.
If she does get fired or laid off, she's the most likely to sue.
Potential employers just don't want to deal with people like her, anymore.

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actively discriminate against people with tattoos, unless they are a serviceman as per training. They are likely to use narcotics and steal so I follow them around at one of my jobs and give them a hard time. If they have no respect for their own self I'm certainly not going to give them any either and I wouldn't play the pronoun game either.

TPA

Enlightened
Nope, it's the mentality that exists behind those tats.
And I don't mean a demonic one, either.
She's going to have an attitude. She's going to feel entitled.
She's going to insist everyone use her pronouns.
Job application: Under "gender" she's going to put non-binary.
If she does get fired or laid off, she's the most likely to sue.
Potential employers just don't want to deal with people like her, anymore.
THIS. If you're not client-facing, I don't necessarily care what you look like... BUT, I have a strong feeling the woman in the picture would be a trouble-maker. The fact that she's complaining on social media explains TJ Maxx made the correct decision.
/never been on any of the social media platforms...and make mention of that on my resume.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I actively discriminate against people with tattoos, unless they are a serviceman as per training. They are likely to use narcotics and steal so I follow them around at one of my jobs and give them a hard time. If they have no respect for their own self I'm certainly not going to give them any either and I wouldn't play the pronoun game either.
+1 on that pronoun garbage.

I don't discriminate based on tats.... biggest exception being if you have a neck tat. You'd be surprised how many folks I've met in Life that have one of those. And, literally every single one turned out to be a low-life piece of trash.

Other tats.... Back when I was attending a certain medical institute around (Wow!) 15 years ago already, one of the most intelligent medical administrators had a full-sleeve of tats on his arm. Only tats on his body. He told the class how a couple of years back he was attending a convention in Florida that was Invitation-Only. He went, checked in at the hotel, no problem. When he went out to enjoy the pool along with other Invitees, he noticed that the staff and some of the other guests were giving him looks, and the staff treated him differently since he was out there just in his swim-trunks.