from where to buy Nite-Ize IQ switch

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
ViReN said:
MattK<CPF Supporting Dealer>: so you would be offering these for sale soon?

Yes, we actually listed them on the site last Thursday or Friday when we were promised they were in stock and ours would ship Friday/Monday.
LINK
FYI - Protons are coming soon too. :)

BR549

Newly Enlightened
As an FYI - I noticed them on the Bass Pro Shop website. Looked like they were in stock. I don't really need another minimag conversion but for 8 bucks I might add one to my next order.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I just received my two IQ switches in the mail. I had ordered them through the Niteize web site and they were delivered from Playhard Inc. I managed to order through the Niteize web site only through a glitch in their software which was fixed several weeks ago.

I have tested them with a variety of MM LED drop-ins, Teralux, SMJLED, Niteize, as well as replacing the Kroll switch on my Streamlight LUX Jr. The bottom line is that so far they seem to work as advertized. It even allows my SL Lux Jr. to tail stand (can't with the Kroll Switch). I plan to confirm the Auto-Off works as designed later tonight (I assume it works...).

I assume the retailers should be getting theirs any day.

photonhoer

Newly Enlightened
Anxiously awaiting feedback from you guys who have actually gotten your hands on them. A VERY long wait, but we can hope to be pleased by the company actually getting things right from the outset!

John

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr_Light said:
I just received my two IQ switches in the mail. I had ordered them through the Niteize web site and they were delivered from Playhard Inc. I managed to order through the Niteize web site only through a glitch in their software which was fixed several weeks ago.

I have tested them with a variety of MM LED drop-ins, Teralux, SMJLED, Niteize, as well as replacing the Kroll switch on my Streamlight LUX Jr. The bottom line is that so far they seem to work as advertized. It even allows my SL Lux Jr. to tail stand (can't with the Kroll Switch). I plan to confirm the Auto-Off works as designed later tonight (I assume it works...).

Which TerraLUX unit did you try them with TLE-5? I'm really hoping they can handle the current because that will make an awesome combo.

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mr_Light said:

Are these reverse clickie types? I tried the terralux and hate reverse clickies. I'm also running a BB667 so high current handling is required.

Last edited:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woot! I just got my tracking number :)

They'll be landing no later than this Friday

The funny/dumb thing is that I have 4 orders in and I don't know what I'm getting...will it be just the first PO (from January) the first 2 PO's (Jan and March) The first 3 (Jan/March and May) or all 4 PO's?

So I have somewhere between 72 and 360 of them en route.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
MattK said:
Which TerraLUX unit did you try them with TLE-5? I'm really hoping they can handle the current because that will make an awesome combo.
Yes I tried it with one of the older TLE-5s. I may give it a little longer test to see if it works for extended periods of time. So far so good.

greenLED

Flashaholic
CM, these are not reverse clickies - it's a digital switch.
Mattk said:
The funny/dumb thing is that I have 4 orders in...
...and one of those is mine! :party: Can't wait to try it in every other light I can find.

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Mr_Light said:
Yes I tried it with one of the older TLE-5s. I may give it a little longer test to see if it works for extended periods of time. So far so good.

Mr_light,

So is the "auto-off" a necessary feature of the IQ switch or your test result showed that it is not?(I sure hope not, since it will take away its emergency candle-light potential)

And it does work with Shoppe's Madmax sammy? :popcorn:

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
MattK said:
Yes, we actually listed them on the site last Thursday or Friday when we were promised they were in stock and ours would ship Friday/Monday.
LINK
FYI - Protons are coming soon too. :)

$17.50 for International Air Mail for a $6.95 item. :eek: Looks like I got to get them from somewhere else. :sigh:

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlight said:
$17.50 for International Air Mail for a $6.95 item. :eek: Looks like I got to get them from somewhere else. :sigh:

Domestic shipping is $6.61 :( -- not much better. I think I'll have to find a different vendor or wait till they sell it at Target.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
CM said:
Domestic shipping is $6.61 :( -- not much better. I think I'll have to find a different vendor or wait till they sell it at Target.

Try First Class Mail - it will be about 1/2 that.

UPS Ground rates are what they are, theres nothing we can do about that.

Last edited:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlight said:

Hi Flashlight,

We're working on coding air letter rates into the cart but it's been a very complicated and long process. In the meantime if you email me via CPF or directly via the website with your country I can arrange Air Letter rates for your order which should be under $5.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
MattK said:
Hi Flashlight,

We're working on coding air letter rates into the cart but it's been a very complicated and long process. In the meantime if you email me via CPF or directly via the website with your country I can arrange Air Letter rates for your order which should be under $5.

Thanks Matt. I greatly appreciate that. :thumbsup: PM & email sent. :eek:

Last edited:

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
:sold:
I just placed my order for two from www.batteryjunction.com
Thanks MattK!

My testing plans include:
1) Nite-Ize 5mm kit - should work here no problem expected.
2) TerraLux TLE5 - next brighter step & higher current
3) Peak Caribbean with 2AA body - (my highest current setup) should replace the Kroll switch.

Earlier in the thread someone pointed to a 1amp max spec. If true, it should work on all three setups listed above.