GET-TOGETHER - FCW-14 / FSM-2 - NJ, NY, CT, PA area - 9-8-18 to 9-11-18

Stan671

Enlightened
Re: GET-TOGETHER - FCM-14 / FSM-2 - NJ, NY, CT, PA area - 9-8-18 to 9-11-18

I'll be bringing bacon, eggs, pancakes, sausages, and Tang for Saturday and Sunday breakfasts to share with everyone.

Stan671

Enlightened

My two so-called friends from work dropped out, so I am just bringing two guests: Robyn and Gabi. We three are arriving Friday at 3 pm

Stan671

Enlightened

Only a pound of bacon at a time... that sounds like enough for me, but what will everyone else eat? LOL
I guess I will be cooking multiple batches since one pound is enough just for me too.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, they don't physically inspect for alien wood, but I think they ask. But the rules against wood sources outside the area are good to keep out bug infestations so I would like all of us to respect them.

Certified bug-free wood from outside it ok.

I know I'll sound as Mother Hen again but, BUT, bug infestations, mainly from the Orient, are killing much of the flora in Pennsylvania. The latest scourge is the Spotted Lantern Fly from China and Southeast Asia. There have been verified sightings in Berks County and other Counties in Southern Pa. This latest one being a particularly devastating insect for fruit trees, particularly apples---a large industry for Pennsylvania. Please do have your wood inspected, as big as a PITA as that may seem. Thanks.

Karl

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll be bringing bacon, eggs, pancakes, sausages, and Tang for Saturday and Sunday breakfasts to share with everyone.

Thanks Stan, that's cool!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

My two so-called friends from work dropped out, so I am just bringing two guests: Robyn and Gabi. We three are arriving Friday at 3 pm

Bummer, but good to hear that Robyn and Gabi are still in.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will bring the griddle , and stop at Walmart to bring kissing bug spray ( perfume? hey-I could use a smooch or two! )

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have almost everything packed up. My son and I will be heading up in the morning(Saturday). Should be there around lunch time. Is there cell service up there? If so, and anyone needs me to pick something up, on the way, give me a text or call on my cell. 610-597-2083 See you guys and girls, tomorrow.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, with aginthelaw being the designated camp kissing bug, better get some insect spray Dizzy! Ticks and mosquitos to contend with...ket alone aginthelaw!!!!

Karl

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
We are here under the tarp. Excellent food and the fire is going strong. Looks like it will clear for a while this evening and then start raining again by morning. ☹️

scout24

Flashaholic
We turned around and headed back north. Mrs. Scout and our 7 month old grandson in tow, so we decided to play it safe... Maybe tomorrow!