Got me some SF's in, but now there's new ones coming out this year?!?!?

Sffred

Newly Enlightened
Hello my fellow enthusiasts!
i know I'm a noob, but I'm excited and feeling down.

I bought into a couple used/good deals, got them in today, and now seen the new SF 2016 ShotShow trailer and I'm like there's so many new ones out, that make me wish I should of waited. Well anyways I bought a M600V-T, and a E1 LED Defender! And I'm still waiting for my Malkoff MDC HA (1 CR123A) body, and my el cheapo' Solarforce L2 (2011) body with a couple eBay drop ins.

Here's a pic of the SF's that came in today!

too bad the E1 LED D is going on my infidel, so I might as well use the EB1 backup head on the E1 body.

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry about it. Surefire makes the "COMING IN 20xx" video every year. 90% of the stuff is never released. Most of the updated stuff in this years video isn't that drastically different anyhow. You picked up some solid lights. Enjoy them.

Sffred

Newly Enlightened
Don't worry about it. Surefire makes the "COMING IN 20xx" video every year. 90% of the stuff is never released. Most of the updated stuff in this years video isn't that drastically different anyhow. You picked up some solid lights. Enjoy them.

Thanks Slumber Pass!
should I do a beam comparison with the EB1 head and the E1D head? Just incase someone wants to see a comparison?

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sadly, he's right. Most of the stuff they announce never sees the light of day in the year they are announced. I still remember the VOC tailcap that I was super excited about. I think it was announced at the 2014 SHOT Show, but has yet to actually be sold.

But, happily, he's also right in that you picked some solid lights and should just enjoy them. Don't worry about the latest and greatest :twothumbs

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Slumber Pass!
should I do a beam comparison with the EB1 head and the E1D head? Just incase someone wants to see a comparison?

We never turn down beam comparisons. There are existing threads for each of those lights, maybe post them there. Congrats!

Pilotodude

Newly Enlightened

+1. I'm waiting for the mail to come now... Have two NIB C2 Centurions coming TODAY! I already have Malkoff drop-ins here for them. Hardened steel CBs for them should be here in a few days as well as a SL red filter for one. This should take care of me for a few days... :sssh:

I really like the idea of that new Peacekeeper USB re-chargable, but thats going to be a tall order to fill. I hope it's all it's cracked up to be IF it is released.

jodoma

Newly Enlightened
Sadly, he's right. Most of the stuff they announce never sees the light of day in the year they are announced. I still remember the VOC tailcap that I was super excited about. I think it was announced at the 2014 SHOT Show, but has yet to actually be sold.

But, happily, he's also right in that you picked some solid lights and should just enjoy them. Don't worry about the latest and greatest :twothumbs

This strategy drives me crazy! I too was very excited for the VOC tail cap which never saw the wild. It looks like Surefire is trying to push for EDC type lights and continue with gimmick stuff like the phone case light. I would like to see more tactical type lights as well as common battery lights. Admittedly, I haven't tried the intellibeam lights but for me they seem to not have a purpose. +1 on enjoying your Surefires you already have

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've noticed some really good deals on C2's lately. I've never tried one personally, but they look very practicool.
I already want the current Peacekeeper. I don't mind it NOT having USB charging, but I see how that will appeal to the non-hobbyist types who don't already own LiIon Chargers and 18650's.
Since the OP mentioned his EB1, here is mine. It's been getting some pocket time for about a week now.
16b349597db45c59197b8bafe09b6cab.jpg

Aldiggi

Newly Enlightened
Hello my fellow enthusiasts!
i know I'm a noob, but I'm excited and feeling down.

I bought into a couple used/good deals, got them in today, and now seen the new SF 2016 ShotShow trailer and I'm like there's so many new ones out, that make me wish I should of waited. Well anyways I bought a M600V-T, and a E1 LED Defender! And I'm still waiting for my Malkoff MDC HA (1 CR123A) body, and my el cheapo' Solarforce L2 (2011) body with a couple eBay drop ins.

Here's a pic of the SF's that came in today!

too bad the E1 LED D is going on my infidel, so I might as well use the EB1 backup head on the E1 body.
Beautiful lights! Nothing beats surefire dependability.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Odds are what might be coming out this year from SF could make it to market sometimes this decade if all. Unless dark somehow gets darker your lights will work the same.

Fleetwood

Newly Enlightened
I watched the trailer and none of the new lights appealed to me. If I was going to buy a Surefire (I'd probably have to suffer a serious bang to the head considering how I currently feel about their products and prices), I'd get an older one, because I'm dubious of this intellibeam stuff. I'm not sure I want some sensor deciding what lumens to put out for me.

Pilotodude

Newly Enlightened
Screw it... I just snagged five NIB 6Ps online for $33 a piece. The price has bottomed out and is going back up. A few more of Genes M61s, and I'm set for the next several years. I'll probably keep three in the packaging (no batts) and leave them in the attic for a few years. These lights with M61s will still be working long after I am.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Definitely don't get into digital photography then...
The top makers come out with must have cameras every 90 days it seems.

One year in the I bought a top of the line Nikon, and by fall all the sites were saying "don't buy that dinasaur"...

Pilotodude

Newly Enlightened
Definitely don't get into digital photography then...
The top makers come out with must have cameras every 90 days it seems.

One year in the I bought a top of the line Nikon, and by fall all the sites were saying "don't buy that dinasaur"...

At least the glass remains constant for Nikon. Years ago, I invested in their terrific trio of professional lenses, and got one good walk around lens for vacations and stuff.

The bodies have become disposable though. I'm holding off waiting for the field to settle. I was going to get the D800 when it first came out, but had to hold off. Now, there are too many choices, and the new releases are almost monthly. I can't keep up, and have given up for now... Now, add that Mrs. Pilotodude still thinks my D300 is cutting edge and will last me a few more years... :confused:

I REALLY see the correlation with LED lighting technology. This is why I'm buying old SF and just dropping in Malkoffs. If I spend $250-300 on ONE gee-whiz light right now, it will be "old school" on a year...

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
^^ It was the 700 I had bought...and the 800 they were pushing.
A friend of mine still shoots with his D200 and a 4MP D2...he also has a 750 and 7000.

I like the old metal body lenses and have a few.

Now I did buy some 'kit' lenses with the 7000, because they were heavily discounted.

Mrs Bykfixer likes Canon. The Rebel was outmoded even more often than weather changes in Virginia. So we opted for the 7D (or D7, I forget) and haven't looked back.

Anyway, back at the ranch...I tend to avoid the latest gadget flashlights and opt for basic form and function. Yet with the Malkoff set up you can go in all sorts of directions...and as the emitters update they clamp on the flashlight body just like those lenses clamp on the latest camera body.

SureFire seems to be going away from that direction and more like the other companies.
That's cool.

But the trick for us is to pick a set of features that suit your needs and stick with it. Otherwise you go broke keeping up with the changes.

Last edited:

Pilotodude

Newly Enlightened
SureFire seems to be going away from that direction and more like the other companies.
That's cool. But the trick for us is to pick a set of features that suit your needs and stick with it. Otherwise you go broke keeping up with the changes.

True, I only gave two lights on my radar right now after you guys helped me with my work light. I am really looking at that HDS EDC Rotary, and IF Surefire does release that USB chargeable Peacekeeper, I'm really going to give that a look too. I'd love a Malkoff Wildcat neutral, but I'd just hang it on the wall and gawk at it's awesomeness. It would not get used much. :duh2:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
HDS is good stuff!

I'd be surprise if surefire ever combines a weapon light with rechargeable innerds.
But I never expected to see a light with Paul Kim's monicer that has a strobe feature...ya never know.
(PK designed numerous SureFire lights before setting out on his own)(PK Warrior lights have strobe)

My Malkoffs sit idle a lot....just in case duty.
They go where I go with a Malkoff'd SureFire G2, but stay wrapped in bubble wrap until the EDC Streamlights need help.

pk

Photon King
I'd be surprise if surefire ever combines a weapon light with rechargeable innerds.
But I never expected to see a light with Paul Kim's monicer that has a strobe feature...ya never know.
(PK designed numerous SureFire lights before setting out on his own)(PK Warrior lights have strobe)
Hahaha, You are absolutely right bykfixer :twothumbs
...ya never know. :shrug:

You know I don't believe in strobe feature.
I don't believe in you do(offer) more features because you can do it without extra cost.
I don't believe in any other functions without reasons.

Keen observation bykfixer , YES pk Worriers do have strobe feature from their(PowerTac) request.
Not necessary my favorite lights…

Perhaps if it is Dive light, I can understand and it can offer strobe feature.

combines a weapon light with rechargeable?
Perhaps, LEO market can accept that option, but not Military use.
If it is interchangeable with primary battery and rechargeable Lithium batteries would be nice.
On that note, I've made this weirdo built-in USB charging 18650 on customers' request, but it's just not compatible with any other batteries… :hairpull:
pk%20design%20lab%20IMG_0725.JPG

Well, I go back to work on it…
Cheers.

Top Bottom