Got My Brand New LX2s!

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't have luck with my LX2 (not bought from this sale). I tried two 2500 mAh and three 2000 mAh KeepPower batteries - none of them would fit. I could probably push one of them but it would be a very snug fit and I was afraid it would be stuck there.

rjking

Enlightened
Thanks for the info guys. Will stick to my MDC 16650 and PKDL FL2 LE for now.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using a basic 2000 mAh 16650 in my LX2. Works fine.

Bill

Anyone know, do batteries like this fit in the e2l outdoorsman body, or old school E2 body?

Anyway, I'm ALmost glad galls' latest "site wide" 20% off code didn't work. Now that I'm aware of that upcoming Yaegermeister, tactician surefire, that's all I want. I suppose the usual sf rules apply- there's a 10% chance of it actually getting released.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes they do, I've got an old Outdoorsman and an E2D Executive Defender and both accept a KEEPPOWER 16650 2000mah battery.

Nice, thank you! Gonna give them a try. DIdn't know sf e heads were safe with these!

teak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know, do batteries like this fit in the e2l outdoorsman body, or old school E2 body?

Anyway, I'm ALmost glad galls' latest "site wide" 20% off code didn't work. Now that I'm aware of that upcoming Yaegermeister, tactician surefire, that's all I want. I suppose the usual sf rules apply- there's a 10% chance of it actually getting released.
Yep, probably will never happen. Someone remind me of what surefire does these days? [emoji9]

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
Yes they do, I've got an old Outdoorsman and an E2D Executive Defender and both accept a KEEPPOWER 16650 2000mah battery.

My Outdoorsman bodies fit 2500 mah KP 16650 cells no problem.

Do they really not fit inside these LX2's?

Jose Marin

Enlightened
Yeah the lx2s for some reason were bored smaller. Ive had to use the drill and sand paper method to make the 2500mah Keeppowers fit, just make sure you dont bore the polished area or you'll screw up the connection for the 2 stage switch.

Last edited:

Jose Marin

Enlightened
If you cant bore them you might have luck with an unprotected sanyo ur16650zta and take the wrapper off. Fyi the low mode flickers with 16650 on all 4 of mine but not with 2x16340

Hudson456

Newly Enlightened
Yeah the lx2s for some reason were bored smaller. Ive had to use the drill and sand paper method to make the 2500mah Keeppowers fit, just make sure you dont bore the polished area or you'll screw up the connection for the 2 stage switch.

Thank you for your reply - this might be a deal breaker for me!! I hate using primaries.

Jose Marin

Enlightened
My aw and efest unprotected 16340s fit the unbored bodies if that changes your mind. They are sweet looking lights and the 2 stages switch interface is discontinued now so this might be the last chance

rjking

Enlightened
My aw and efest unprotected 16340s fit the unbored bodies if that changes your mind. They are sweet looking lights and the 2 stages switch interface is discontinued now so this might be the last chance

You mean LX2 Lumamax runs on 2x 16340?:eek:

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'd actually forgotten about this thread. I don't know why it didn't work for you, but when I ordered my LX2s the code worked just fine for me.

It'd be cool if the light can run on 2x 16340s. Can someone confirm?

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd actually forgotten about this thread. I don't know why it didn't work for you, but when I ordered my LX2s the code worked just fine for me.

It'd be cool if the light can run on 2x 16340s. Can someone confirm?

The discount codes I tried didn't work for me either. When I finally decided it was still worth a Benjamin to buy one, they were all gone.
16340's were still big when the LX2 was released. There's plenty of threads about people running an LX2 on 2x16340s. When I had an LX2, I tried a few times and it ran fine. Output was the same as 2 primaries which led me to believe the driver adjusted for the voltage.
On one 16650, I noticed it would faintly flicker on low.

Last edited:

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ran mine for a couple of years on two AW IMR16340, no issues. Also used Efest IMRs as well as they fit fine.When I got a couple 16650s (2000mAh Keeppower) they did fit snug so I used those, less bright but way better runtime. High mode lasted me around 4hrs before they dropped to 3.4VoltsIn terms of brightness:16340 brightestCR123 middle16650 least bright

rjking

Enlightened
I managed to snag one last week and received it yesterday. This forum is what convinced me to man up and feed it with 2 Efest IMR's V2 and to my surprise, it lasted for 1 hour and 28 minutes where visible output tapering is noticed at 1 hour 10 minutes mark. The same battery that I used to test the Surefire E2DL-A Ultra 600 lumens and lasted for 1 hour with a noticeable rapid tapering at the 55 minutes mark. I held off for too long due to its perceived inability to accommodate 16650 but now I'm glad I did, supposedly to just have a classic surefire release, but this one will now be definitely a keeper. Great white tint too though not as creamy white as my E1L KX1B head and my EB1T. The low is brighter than the 45 lumens Streamlight Microstream and the high is brighter that the Malkoff 2AA MDC which is supposed to be 250 Lumens. Could be because of its tightly focused beam.

Last edited: