**Great News**Flupic interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Piglets

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I use FluPIC in such configuration:

9x AA NiMH -> downstep -> FluPIC -> 1x LED

If yes, what "downstep" would be recommended here? Maybe a custom voltage regulator with LM317?

TIA,

-- M.

Hi Mel_PL,

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you. I didn't see your post. The truth is I don't know. You might review Goldserve's threads , but I don't think a heck of a lot of folks have tried this, although I've discussed it with Kevin and have some experiments lined up myself.

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sales and interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Pigl

Ok I finally have some Tri-Flupics and Piglets. I didn't get enough for myself, but I will fulfill my obligation in this thread to all posts that came in before this one. If you want to post interest in another run, then please do post. I've copied this post to the beginning of the thread for easy access.

Piglet
I have a handful of 0.55" sammie sized piglet buck/boost boards with more coming. These are the original custom sammie sized buck/boost multi level boards for Li-ion and CR123 (3v-3.6v). These fit TnC Canisters, Aleph LE, etc. The ones I have now are 50/500mA with the simplified UI listed below. These will run under full regulation for both CR123s and Li-ions. Also I have 150/800mA boards coming that will run in full regulation for Li-ions, but are not suited for CR123s to reach the full 800mA under regulation, but they still work.

Piglets:
// UI 1 - LOW - HIGH - LOW - HIGH - LOW - HIGH - OFF - SET_UI
#rom 0x2110 = {0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 6, 7}
// UI 2 - HIGH - LOW - HIGH - LOW - HIGH - LOW - OFF - SET_UI
#rom 0x2120 = {1, 0, 1, 0, 1, 0, 6, 7}
// UI 3 - (LOW) - (HIGH) - STROBE - BEACON - OFF - OFF - SET_UI
#rom 0x2130 = {0, 1, 3, 9, 6, 6, 7, 0}
// UI 3 - (LOW) - (HIGH) - STROBE - BEACON - OFF - OFF - SET_UI
#rom 0x2138 = {1, 0, 3, 9, 6, 6, 7, 0}
// UI 4 - LOW - HIGH - STROBE - BEACON - OFF - SET_UI
#rom 0x2140 = {0, 1, 3, 9, 6, 7, 0, 0}
// UI 5 - STROBE - HIGH - LOW - SOS - OFF - SET_STROBE - SET_UI
#rom 0x2150 = {3, 1, 0, 4, 6, 8, 7, 0}

Tri-Flupic
Almost all the Tri-Flupics are the standard UI, but I may have some simplified custom versions. I have a few with the GregW interface from the Exollion and some Bogus1 programmed boards as well. My boards start on high, as that is how Chris and I run our lights. When you need bright light, you need it now. You can always set the light to low at your leisure. I know, I know, some guys just use their lights differently and thus the standard UI or perhaps the GregW UI.

Bogus1 program:
User Mode 1: burst> level 1> tactical strobe> Level 2> 3 second beacon>15 second beacon>SOS> set mode

User Mode 2: set level > set strobe >set mode, 800ms

The second interface goes back to the first. This makes it simpler and keeps me from getting lost :) This means that when in mode 2, after the 800ms lapses, if you turn the light off and then on again it will start on burst (high). It jumps from Mode 2 to Mode 1. In effect this means there is really only one user mode and one level setting mode. Beacon brightness is set by Level 2.

I'm selling the Piglets for $30 and the Tri-Flupics for $35 each. Shipping is $3 for USPS delivery confirmation and $6 for priority. My cash paypal (only) is Catsndog AT Inreach Dot Com
Please post your CPF name and what you are ordering and it will help to post in this thread for me to track cash orders. I won't begin shipment until Friday or Saturday.

If you are using a Credit Card for payment, I will post the Flupics on our TnC Online Store, specifically at LEDs, Drivers & Supplies either Friday or Saturday. I won't begin shipping until Friday or Saturday.
If you order online, please include your CPF name in the notes. The rest is automatic. Please only order if you are on the list.

I also have at the store:
Flupic converter version 2.2 Standard Sammie 0.55"
Flupic converter version 2.2 Standard Sammie 0.55" 1amp burst
Flupic converter version 2.2 Standard UI 0.6" for Fenix

[Sales Spiel mode on] I want to point out a few advantages of the Flupics as I see them. Some claim the program is complicated. There are custom simple Flupic programs, and the UI was developed under extensive CPF user input.

When I take a look at what lights many seem to be buying, they have imported lights each with its own complicated different program. When I look at sig lines I wonder how someone works all those different UIs. With the Flupic, you have the option of using ALL your LED lights with the exact same program because of the various Flupic sizes available. That makes it worth investing the time to learn a program and then a real benefit can be reaped. Otherwise it's like having your pants down, or worse, if you can't work your light. You could have a Jillite Flupic, a Fenix Flupic, and an Icarus or Mac Custom with a Tri-Flupic. All your lights could work the same. Or you could have from a TnC N cell; all the way to a C size Li-ion with multi emitters (coming) and all your lights could behave the same. This is a unique advantage the Flupic offers. It's worth a thought IMO. This is how I use my lights.

Another advantage of the Tri-Flupic from my view, is that the LEDs aren't in series so if one LED goes out, they don't all die. Also the Vf of the LED isn't critical like running LEDs in parallel since they are driven independently. Of course it is nice to run 3x LEDs off a single Li-ion, rather than require higher voltage. I believe there are other advantages, but I haven't fully explored them yet. [Spiel off]

Mel_PL

Newly Enlightened
Re: Sales and interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Pigl

One tri-flupic for me! (I can't see it in the store yet).

Edit:
ok, it's not Friday, I'm too fast :cool:

-- M.

Last edited:

Nebula

Enlightened
Eric - Tri-Flupics :thumbsup:. Great news! This is what I have been waiting for. PP later today for the items I listed early in the thread (have not gone back to re-read, but I believe I asked for 1x tri-flu, and 1 x flupic). If you have another Tri- or Piglet available let me know and I will take one. Thanks again for putting this sale together. Kirk

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the orders guys.

Mel, I put a few Tri-Flupics and Piglets on the store. I will restock the Tri-Flupics when I sell out from buyers on the list. I just didn't want someone coming and taking them all. Thanks

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

I tried to make a cash paypal payment to you, but Paypal will only allow credit card or echeck payments to you for some reason.

I want to buy 3 tri-flupics.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric - Tri-Flupics :thumbsup:. Great news! This is what I have been waiting for. PP later today for the items I listed early in the thread (have not gone back to re-read, but I believe I asked for 1x tri-flu, and 1 x flupic). If you have another Tri- or Piglet available let me know and I will take one. Thanks again for putting this sale together. Kirk

Hi Kirk,

I'm sorry, I don't know why I keep missing posts.

I do have an extra piglet for you and I do see (1) Tri-Flupic and a Flupic (no limit) on your list.

I feel bad guys not selling more than on the list. I should have ordered more but it just didn't seem there was as much demand as there turned out to be. If you guys post interest for more I will try to get more made soon. It might just be we can't build our heads for these before a possible next shipment arrives anyhow, so if that's the case I'll cut loose with more from my own reserves. So if you post interest for additional boads past this post we can make a new list. Does that sound fair?

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll take more Tri-FluPIC's, please.

I'll fix your roof, for more FluPIC's, if need be.

Thanks,

Scott

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I tried to make a cash paypal payment to you, but Paypal will only allow credit card or echeck payments to you for some reason.

I want to buy 3 tri-flupics.

Hi Andy, E check is fine if that works for you. Can you please limit your order to (1) board however for the time being? Please see my post above or below to Kirk (depending on how you read the threads). It could be as early as next week or the week after when I will know when (whether) I might be able to get more built. Thanks

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Andy, E check is fine if that works for you. Can you please limit your order to (1) board however for the time being?

OK. :paypal: for 1 tri-flupic.

Paypal accepted the instant transfer this time.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric, I see that there are Tri-Flupic 0.55" boards for sale in your shop.
I suppose this is a typo? :thinking: If not I definitely need one (to read I'll take one)! ;)

Nebula

Enlightened
Hi Kirk,

I'm sorry, I don't know why I keep missing posts.

I do have an extra piglet for you and I do see (1) Tri-Flupic and a Flupic (no limit) on your list.

I feel bad guys not selling more than on the list. I should have ordered more but it just didn't seem there was as much demand as there turned out to be. If you guys post interest for more I will try to get more made soon. It might just be we can't build our heads for these before a possible next shipment arrives anyhow, so if that's the case I'll cut loose with more from my own reserves. So if you post interest for additional boads past this post we can make a new list. Does that sound fair?

Eric - You have been MORE than fair with these boards :thumbsup:. I don't want to be a "hog" but if you have an extra piglet I will take it. If the supply is limited, or if someone else needs one right away, I can wait until the next round.

Kirk

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Kirk,

Kevin filled my full order of Tri-Flupic boards and that apparently wasn't enough, but he only partially filled my Piglet order so more of those are coming. I have plenty now for everyone who posted they want one with more on the way so it's fine to order now, in fact it's better for both of us. Less postage for you and less mailing for me :) I'll ship in about three hours, so if you could let me know.

Hi Icarus,

Thanks for pointing out the typo. I fixed it :) Although you can drive three LEDs in parallel with the o.55" Flupic, you would have to match the Vf and divide the current among the three.

Nebula

Enlightened
Eric - put that little piggy in the pouch with the other items.:twothumbs. I will PP this evening when I get home from work. If you need my $ before then let me know and I will log into PP from work. Thanks again. Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Kevin filled my full order of Tri-Flupic boards and that apparently wasn't enough, but he only partially filled my Piglet order so more of those are coming. I have plenty now for everyone who posted they want one with more on the way so it's fine to order now, in fact it's better for both of us. Less postage for you and less mailing for me :) I'll ship in about three hours, so if you could let me know.

X_Marine

Enlightened
Well I'm glad to see this is moving really well.
I lost count but I think Walt is in for like 12 or 16 TriFluPics.. lmao.. :crackup:
Sorry Walt it's just I think I could hear you chanting, Tri, Tri, TriFlupic.. :poke:

I was in for:
X Marine - Tri Flupic (2x), Flupic (2x), Piglets (2x) Arc-Q3 (2x), Jil (2x)

But I already visited the store a while back and grabbed 4xFp .55" & 2xFp .55" 1amp, & 2Fp .6" Fenix.

But now I would like 2x Tri FluPic, 2x Piglets, and I did need 2 of the 10.5mm boards but no rush on that 2, BUT I am in real need now for 1more 10.5mm for this sweet little TNC N-cell I snagged so I can run it on my 10280's I use with my Draco, and let it flame on.. :devil:

So if I can get 1 ea. you can put the other 4 on BO and I'll even prepay if your sure they coming..

So let me know if you can let loose of one for now, prices, and I'll shoot you a cash PP..

Again many thanks for stiring this all up and sponsoring as well.
And Kudos for GMoney fer hanging like a champ with the updates.. :twothumbs
X/BillyD..