**Great News**Flupic interest thread for Tri-Flupic, Fenix, Arc-Q3, Jil, and Piglets

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Kirk, Scott, and Andy. I know I laid down the law and said no more boards could be purchased than what was posted on the list, but I did go ahead and ship you the extra Tri-Flupics you requested. Kirk I sent you (1) extra, Scott (1) extra, and Andy (2) extra. I know I should have asked first but it seemed easy at the time, so if you can paypal for those I would be pleased. I just didn't want you guys to have to keep looking out for this thread in the future.

Sancho886 you are welcome to order as well.

X-Marine,

You are up for (2) Tri-Flupics and (2) Piglets. Unfortunately I can't spare the 10.5mm boards at this time due to our new TnC Micro-Flex N cell project. I only received (20) 10.5mm boards in my last shipment and none in this one. I do have a DD pill using a Luxeon that would work for you in a single stage light on the N cell li-ion. I could sell this to you cheap or loan it to you until I can get you setup. I have a couple new completed flupic pills that would drop in, but I might want these for my own N cells. I feel bad about this so please let me know if there's something I can do.

Nebula

Enlightened
Thanks for the extras, Eric :thumbsup:. You have been most generous with these little gems. :twothumbs.

BTW - I sent you a PP a bit ago.

Best regards,

Kirk

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
Bogus1 - I'm ready to send payment for a tri-flupic, I just want to know if there is extra for shipping to Canada. Let me know and I'll send the paypal.

I originally posted an interest in a piglet but in the end I think a different converter would be better in the intended application so I hope it won't be a problem if I pass on the piglet.

Russki

Enlightened
I need one 50/500mA piglet, and I need at list one 150/800mA as well.
:paypal:for 50/500 piglet + $3 shipping.
And then 150/800 boards will be available?
Forget to mention, I will pass on tri-flupic this time.

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi PhotonAddict,

If you want to ship priority I think that's about $10 and I could get that out tomorrow. Otherwise for $4 I can ship first class, but it will have to wait until Tuesday as I have to stand in line at the PO for first class and there is no such service here Saturday and (Monday is a US postal holiday).

Hi Russki,

I think it will be probably a couple weeks. The parts are here, it's just a matter of Kevin putting them together. He should be getting to that within the next week.

X_Marine

Enlightened
Ah, it's bout time I upgraded my draco anywho and I'll get MM to send old pill back if you don't have any by then.. no biggy. Or do I need to clear your NiMh first just so they don't sit on the shelf.. lmao.. j/k

Thanks for all and what's my tab?
X..

Any eta on new TnC -cell?

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi X-Marine,

The four boards would run $130 total plus either $3 or $6 depending on your haste :)

I'm hoping to be playing with Micro-Flex N cell prototypes next week and if all goes well then in February we could have the aluminum lights and perhaps even Ti lights ready. I'm so busy right now and Icarus does such great work he might assemble the canisters (threaded pills). Incidently before there was a Draco he was bulding these N cell 10.5mm pills for me as a mod to the original TnC N cell. Others have used his service since for this and they can attest to his skill. The only hang up there is shipping to an fro :ironic:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
All orders have been shipped except Mel's as I have no way to send that until Tuesday.

Thanks, Andy

PhotonAddict, please feel free to order one of the custom programs. I saw that request a ways back in the thread.

Thanks for the orders guys!

PhotonAddict

Enlightened
Bogus1: I've sent paypal for 1 tri-flupic with a standard program and first class shipping. Thanks again for making these gems available again.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you guys put your Tri-Flupics in service, please post here the results!

I've carried the interest list forward in an effort to round up the strays:wave:

Norm – Tri Flupic
NetKidz - Tri Flupic PAID
AndyTiedye - (3x) Tri Flupic PAID
datiLED - Tri Flupic
Nebula - (2x) Tri Flupic, Piglet Flupic PAID
J.D. - Flupic (2x) PAID
Jwl - Tri Flupic
X Marine - Tri Flupic (2x), Flupic (2x), Piglets (2x) Arc-Q3 (2x), Jil (2x) PAID
Russki - Tri Flupic PAID
Ledean - (2x) Tri Flupic PAID
Walt175 - Tri Flupic (2x)
PhotonAddict - Tri Flupic PAID
Cryhavoc - Tri Flupic
TranquillityBase – (3x) Tri Flupic, .770" PAID
flex76itlay - Tri Flupic
Gizzy - ?(currently convinced that saying "i love you" is enough)?
plasmaman - Tri Flupic (2x)
Gmoney - Tri Flupic (2x) PAID
acourvil - (2x) Tri Flupic, Flupic w/ burst set at 1amp, 10.55mm, PAID
Sancho886 Tri Flupic PAID

Totals:
Flu pic 6
Tri Flupic 31
Piglets 4
Arc-Q3 (.77) 3
10.5mm 3 (same as Jill)

Last edited:

acourvil

Enlightened

I built a Aleph A-19XR with one of the flupics while I was watching Green Bay give up the ghost on Sunday. The light turned out great, but I kind of wanted Brent Favre to retire in a blaze of glory instead of throwing an interception in sudden death overtime.

I also sent Fred a Flupic to put in my Blocky Boy.

BTW, is there any kind of spec sheet on the tri-flupics around? I'm assuming that it has the same voltage limitations as the regular flupic, but that it runs three emitters in parallel based on what I've seen. But if it is more flexible than that, it would open up some other possibilities . . . .

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually the LEDs aren't driven in parallel. It is as the name sounds: essentially three Flupic drivers in one with each LED driven individually up to 1.2amp burst. To take full advantage you would need a 18650 or larger cell. If you want more info please be specific and I'll chew on Kevin for more data.

acourvil

Enlightened
Understood, I was using the term parallel loosely. The main thing I was wondering about is what the max voltage is, but I'm assuming that it is 5 or 6 volts and limited to a single Li ion cell. A wiring diagram would be good, too, although based on a quick look I think the markings on the board are probably sufficient.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the picture being worth the thousand words probably works here too. Yes the voltage is the same as the regular FLuPIC limited to a single Li-ion. I've driven the single FLuPIC with great results with 4x AA NiMh cells. It overdrives the Crees and K2s nicely.

dscn22930001triflupicfrkt1.jpg

J.D.

Newly Enlightened
Please remove me from list, i´ve already ordered and received 2 pieces from TNC Shop.
Thanx

I've carried the interest list forward in an effort to round up the strays:wave:

Norm – Tri Flupic
NetKidz - Tri Flupic

AndyTiedye - (3x) Tri Flupic PAID
datiLED - Tri Flupic
Nebula - (2x) Tri Flupic, Piglet Flupic PAID
J.D. - Flupic (2x)
Jwl - Tri Flupic
X Marine - Tri Flupic (2x), Flupic (2x), Piglets (2x) Arc-Q3 (2x), Jil (2x)
Russki - Tri Flupic PAID
Ledean - (2x) Tri Flupic PAID
Walt175 - Tri Flupic (2x)
PhotonAddict - Tri Flupic PAID
Cryhavoc - Tri Flupic
TranquillityBase – (3x) Tri Flupic, .770" PAID
flex76itlay - Tri Flupic
Gizzy - ?(currently convinced that saying "i love you" is enough)?
plasmaman - Tri Flupic (2x)
karlthev -Tri Flupic & Piglet
Gmoney - Tri Flupic (2x) PAID
acourvil - (2x) Tri Flupic, Flupic w/ burst set at 1amp, 10.55mm, PAID
Sancho886 Tri Flupic PAID

Totals:
Flu pic 6
Tri Flupic 31
Piglets 4
Arc-Q3 (.77) 3
10.5mm 3 (same as Jill)

X_Marine

Enlightened
Hi Bogus,
Pack emm up good, the PO just lost 5 C-cells coming t me, out of a bubble envelope. Strange how one end somehow ripped open and then was taped back up with uspo tape and still left a hole open.. Grrrr

Details on the PP order..
Thanks again
X/BillyD..

Hi X-Marine,

The four boards would run $130 total plus either $3 or $6 depending on your haste :)

I'm hoping to be playing with Micro-Flex N cell prototypes next week and if all goes well then in February we could have the aluminum lights and perhaps even Ti lights ready. I'm so busy right now and Icarus does such great work he might assemble the canisters (threaded pills). Incidently before there was a Draco he was bulding these N cell 10.5mm pills for me as a mod to the original TnC N cell. Others have used his service since for this and they can attest to his skill. The only hang up there is shipping to an fro :ironic:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks JD, and noted.

Billy D, the 150/800 Piglets have yet to arrive. Do you wish me to hold your order pending their arrival, or send the 50/500s in their place? The last option would be to ship two parcels, but that would cost more.

acourvil, I hear you. I guess I lost spring chicken status now I can no longer read the fine print. That just happened this year. I think I'll keep blaming it on sitting too long in front of the monitor reading CPF:laughing: