Has anyone ever FOUND a flashlight?

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back in 1999, I found a Blue Mini Mag 2aa on the gravel ground in a parking lot of a Mexican restaurant. I remember this because it was my birthday and I had gotten a "new" car. Well it was new to me, and it had A/C! I used that light in my gun safe for almost 20 years. Till a set of cheapo alkaleaks took its life. It served me well and was in great shape when I got it. Now, I use a Red Mini Mag AAA I found a few years back!

On a side note: Kinda funny I own 100's of lights and I still use a hot wire for nostalgia reasons. I also keep a hot wire E2E with a Lumens factory drop in as my back up safelight.

Mundo472

Newly Enlightened
I was at a fundraiser for a program for domestic violence survivors and found a maratac polished stainless on a table. Quite a coincidence as I'd brought mine. I then realized it had fallen out of my pocket.
Some kind and ethical person found it on the floor and put it on a table.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at a fundraiser for a program for domestic violence survivors and found a maratac polished stainless on a table. Quite a coincidence as I'd brought mine. I then realized it had fallen out of my pocket.
Some kind and ethical person found it on the floor and put it on a table.

Kind of what happened to me. The pin fell out of the band of the batman watch I was wearing and someone retrieved it and gave it to the master of ceremonies at an awards dinner I was at. Shortly after getting my award for professionalism in apprehending several carjacking suspects single-handedly, my captain announced to everyone " will the owner of a lost batman watch please step to the podium. We know who it belongs to, we just want to know if he has the nerve to claim it"

sgt253

Enlightened
Kind of what happened to me. The pin fell out of the band of the batman watch I was wearing and someone retrieved it and gave it to the master of ceremonies at an awards dinner I was at. Shortly after getting my award for professionalism in apprehending several carjacking suspects single-handedly, my captain announced to everyone " will the owner of a lost batman watch please step to the podium. We know who it belongs to, we just want to know if he has the nerve to claim it"

Wow! That takes nerves of steel! And stopping carjackers ain't easy either! LOL!!! Best.

KuroNekko

Newly Enlightened
Went hiking with my brother a while back and he spotted a beat up red 2AA Mini Maglite. He gave it to me but it wasn't working. In fact, the bulb was missing and I don't recall it having batteries in it. I cleaned it up and then got a Nite Ize LED kit with a tail clicky cap and brought it back to life. I then gave it to my girlfriend and she uses it as a nightstand flashlight.

I recently also found a 2AA LED Mini Maglite at my work place bathroom. It was sitting on a toilet paper dispenser. I figured it belonged to our building maintenance man so I gave the flashlight to a cleaning lady familiar with him. Later in the day, I saw him talking to the cleaning lady when she pointed me out and told him I was the one who returned it. He thanked me and asked where I found it. Interestingly, it wasn't the first time I found something left on the TP dispenser. My work supervisor once left his iPhone there too. Looking at the lock screen photo of his kid in football uniform, I had a good guess who it belonged to so I returned it. It's always fun to give something back to someone with the unspoken understanding they forgot it while taking a dump.

Arizona_Mike

Newly Enlightened
So did you claim it or not? :)

Mike

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I claimed it. One of the biggest cops on the stage had to claim his batman watch. Nobody cared about the action packed fun filled arrest after that...

Genzod

Banned
Yes I found this one years ago on the trail.

I found a Black Diamond (4 LED/unregulated) headlamp a thru-hiker accidentally left behind in VA about 10 years ago. It was too late to chase down the guy who had already been long gone. I didn't need a headlamp, but my other half was lacking, so I gave it to her.

God knows I've made my own contributions to the "virtual" lost it on the AT "hiker box" to pay it back, haha. My precious dip it in the creek to cool off bandanna, a bear bag rope and about a day's worth of food quietly rolled downhill while I wasn't looking. Almost lost my Radar cap crossing Fontana Dam, too.

glimmer

Newly Enlightened
I found the flashlight my chimneysweep left behind last fall!
It's a bit dirty.....

sbslider

Enlightened
I found a duracell 2xAAA penlight in the battery recycle bin at work. After a few minutes of pulling and shaking, I was able to remove the corroded batteries out. It did not seem worth salvaging, so it ended up back in the recycle bin. Better luck next time . . .

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
just found a dorcy cr123 light. saw it on the side of the road. i kept driving thinking someone tossed a lipstick. i kept driving until it bugged me enough to want to check it out. i had to drive over 3 1/2 miles to make a u-turn in a rural area. i came back to the spot and sure enough it was a light. i had a rcr123 on me from another light, swapped it out and it worked. there are no markings on the light, and i believe it probably wasn't made for rcr123's. i found ancient info on the light but still no definitive answers how many models of this was available. will post info later.

i don't know if this counts, but i found a foxfury light at a yard sale... to be continued

Grakken

Newly Enlightened
I found the body of a Coast dual color flashlight in the street. It was missing an end cap and the bulb. I sent it in for repair and a check for like 5 or 10 dollars and they sent me back a brand new one. Quite nice.

Philnosys

Newly Enlightened
Not sure this counts but it felt like I had just 'found' a brand new Lummi Raw NS still in the Jiffi bag from Mr Cheathem.... along with 2 batteries and charger!! I couldn't believe it when I came across it in an old sports bag I was just about to throw away! I must have received this torch about 8 years ago and put it in that bag and forgotten all about it!

still works beautifully. However, I will need to sell it somehow as times are tough :(

Borad

Enlightened
I just found this thing but I was afraid to touch it. It was by the side of the road. Is this something that plugs into a car cigarette lighter? A bicycle light? The light was red.

ygsRzlY.jpg

wjv

Enlightened
Nope. .

But I did find a Cold Steel knife once.
And my dog found a $50 bill

KuroNekko

Newly Enlightened
*Accidental double-post to be deleted. TY.*

Last edited:

KuroNekko

Newly Enlightened
I just found this thing but I was afraid to touch it. It was by the side of the road. Is this something that plugs into a car cigarette lighter? A bicycle light? The light was red.

ygsRzlY.jpg

Yeah, that's a bike light. It's one of those generic ones you can get from Gearbest for under $2. I have one just like it coming in the mail. They run on button batteries and usually attach to a rubber belt. The belt must have torn off or the light popped off. I've found a Trek bike light in similar condition before. I replaced the batteries in it to realize it was actually very bright for its minuscule size. I've attached it to my saddle bag with a velcro strap.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
While working in a closed lane of the interstate I found one of those $2 check out aisle multi LED numbers back in the summer. Looked like it had been run over, shuffled to the side of the road, then when somebody ran off the road they ran it over and tossed it back into traffic who ran it over, then it got scuffled onto the side of the road as a lawn mower was passing by...
When I found it, it was pressed into soft dirt that had a tire track from my truck running it over.

I grabbed a screwdriver from my truck and carried it to the edge of the woods and buried it.

RIP little flashlight.

Latest posts