HDS around the World (PICS)

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today 6th of December we have St. Nicolaus Day in Germany. Also my HDS lights are celebrating it (UV HDS and 219C 3000K HDS)

9nIrrZH.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy St. Nick, thanks for the photo
but
is that safe? you have the UV light ON and are exposing your eyes to it?
are you wearing UV blocking glasses? or am I just worrying too much?

TheJLew85

Enlightened
but

I've only used my UV light for about 60 seconds because I am not completely up to speed on the UV light yet. I need to do some reading. I meant to school myself while waiting for the light to show up but the fine folks over at HDS fulfilled my order in less than 2 weeks. Yay!!

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
but

He's not really exposing his eyes to it with it that diffuser on top of it. It's just going to give a subtle blue glow.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
but
Jonathan, there is no need to worry. The UV HDS (and also the 3000K HDS) were somewhat on ~30%. The UV light has a diffuser on it and I am wearing glasses (normal glasses also have an UV blocking filter. In a normal summer there is also UV radiation.

The picture was exposed with (if I remember correctly) ISO 6400, 1/50 F6 or 8 or so. I was choosing the more or less closed objective iris because a larger depth of field. It was a real dim situation. The picture really shows how it was in reality. The chocolate Santa and the lights were only illuminated by the candle.

At all UV radiation may be dangerous, there was a distance between me and my UV HDS when I took the picture. It would be different if would hold the UV HDS directly in front of my eyes and look into it. That would not be good.

The primary reason was having an additional color accent in the picture. I do not own a HDS with colored LED (red, green, blue, amber, ...). I only own all 4 Surefire Aviators. But this is the HDS section... ...therefore no Aviator. ;)

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jonathan, there is no need to worry. The UV HDS (and also the 3000K HDS) were somewhat on ~30%. The UV light has a diffuser on it and I am wearing glasses (normal glasses also have an UV blocking filter. In a normal summer there is also UV radiation.

thanks for the education
I also wear prescription glasses, with anti UV coating

Around the world pic.. this is Santa Cruz, California
CCDPAVB.jpg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here a Bus is pre Vanagon, which we call a Van. More often we call the ones with poptops like mine, a Westy. They are incredibly versatile, fun, and comfortable campers.

Bulli would mean the 4wd Syncro version.. pics here

My flashlight habit suits the Westfalia application well, the inside of those Vans has lots of metal so a light can be attached to a magnet in many convenient places..

904860.jpg

GoVegan

Enlightened
This thread needs more posts.

Never used imgur to post before so just created an account, only took a min.
Gotta love GIMP (Free and open source), I used to resize photos and remove metadata (quick and easy). Anyway here they are:

YK0LZbL.jpg

HDS EDC Executive (EDC-E1S-250) in Izu, Japan. 2018 May. Rice field and workers in background.

ljQWhFV.jpg

HDS EDC Executive (EDC-E1S-250) in Izu, Japan. 2018 May. Mt. Fuji in background just about visible.