HDS Systems EDC # 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrot

Flashaholic
Eff, do you have any paracord lanyards you use for your HDS?

In my experience, the most practical paracord lanyard for an HDS light without pocket clip is to make a noose-style slipknot and loop it around the waist of the light.

The other end can be finished however you like, however an eight on a bight or a bowline to make a loop is typically perfect.

I don't always carry it like this, but when I am concerned about retention I do this. The noose-style slipknot is not prone to loosening up easily once it is snugged down tight.

RubiconSS

Newly Enlightened
Can´t resist any more, order placed for a Rotary 200. Now the waiting begins.. Looking forward to my first HDS. :)
It really is a Great Light, well worth it. I love carrying/using mine. Have four(4) HDS now (so far) I EDC the 200 rotary.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my experience, the most practical paracord lanyard for an HDS light without pocket clip is to make a noose-style slipknot and loop it around the waist of the light.

The other end can be finished however you like, however an eight on a bight or a bowline to make a loop is typically perfect.

I don't always carry it like this, but when I am concerned about retention I do this. The noose-style slipknot is not prone to loosening up easily once it is snugged down tight.

I use a constrictor knot around the light body: http://www.animatedknots.com/constrictor/

Then I make the overall length so that it can be looped around my belt and hang comfortably along the inside of my front pocket, with an intermediate knot to set the size of the loop on the end for my wrist.

No losing, or dropping lights this way, either in carry or use. It does take a few seconds to undo from the belt, but for most quick uses, I can just leave it attached.

TRiley

Newly Enlightened
I received my rotary 200 last week and love it fantastic EDC. I ordered the kydex holster along with it and really like it too. It is very well made with a custom fit. Small enough not to get in the way and easy to get to. And your light will not fall out even upside down. They are a little pricey at 50.00 bucks but I think they are worth it.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, for all foreign orders, it looks like Unique Titanium only ships these via EMS, which explains the cost. And that does not include the duty fees and taxes :faint:
I have decided to wait for other dealers to carry the Hi CRI clicky since I don't really need it urgently as I already have two rotaries to keep me happy. :)

doctordun

Enlightened
Two Rotary's? I'm jealous.
My first HDS will be the HCRI Clicky that I have on order and I am already tired of waiting. It's only been 3 1/2 weeks. I'm a wimp compared to most on this forum.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two Rotary's? I'm jealous.
My first HDS will be the HCRI Clicky that I have on order and I am already tired of waiting. It's only been 3 1/2 weeks. I'm a wimp compared to most on this forum.
Yup. Got on the first batch of 200 rotary and later on received the first batch of HCRI rotary too.

Bucky

Enlightened
I apologize in advance if that has been addressed somewhere already, but can I use one of the Ra pocket clips on my Rotary if I plan to use it essentially as a "Clicky" (not rotating to select the output)? Or does the simple installation of the pocket clip on a Rotary compromise something even if the rotary feature is not used?

nbp

Flashaholic
I apologize in advance if that has been addressed somewhere already, but can I use one of the Ra pocket clips on my Rotary if I plan to use it essentially as a "Clicky" (not rotating to select the output)? Or does the simple installation of the pocket clip on a Rotary compromise something even if the rotary feature is not used?

It doesn't install on a Rotary like it does on a Clicky.

doctordun

Enlightened
Just got my HCRI Clicky after only waiting 3 1/2 weeks!
Very nice light. Been playing with it all afternoon.

Only question I have is that I got the LE presets and there is not very much visual difference between the preset for 85 lumens and the maximum of 120 lumens. Must be my old eyes.

Or perhaps it is the lighting table provided in the manual. My on preset is 85 lumens and the table show that as number 21. The maximum lumens is 120 and the table show that as number 22. Does that mean that I only have 22 preset levels of brightness and when I reprogram to reduce the first click on preset from 85 lumens to 59 lumens, I would proceed as though I had 22 levels? Or 24 levels and the top three are the same??
Hope someone can clarify for me. Thanks. I am excited about this light. It is so cool.

Another question: The clicky button on the end feels different from my Surefires. Is the button a McClicky i hear about?

Last edited:

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only question I have is that I got the LE presets and there is not very much visual difference between the preset for 85 lumens and the maximum of 120 lumens. Must be my old eyes.

The difference on that model between those two outputs is one level so the visual difference is minimal.

doctordun

Enlightened
Do all of the lights come with 24 levels or do they vary with the maximum output of the led?
As example.....my max is level 22 and 200 rotary is level 24.
Before I dive into programming it, this might be nice to know.

doctordun

Enlightened
O-Rings.....should I get a set and if so, what sizes do I get and what compositions?
Besides Henry, who seems to sell them one a time for the battery compartment, are there complete sets available for all the o rings on the light.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do all of the lights come with 24 levels or do they vary with the maximum output of the led?
As example.....my max is level 22 and 200 rotary is level 24.
Before I dive into programming it, this might be nice to know.

It varies by output. The 200 lumen model has 24 levels, the 120 HCRI has 22 levels.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
O-Rings.....should I get a set and if so, what sizes do I get and what compositions?
Besides Henry, who seems to sell them one a time for the battery compartment, are there complete sets available for all the o rings on the light.

The size/type of O-rings used are in the manual or can be found on-line on the HDS website. I've yet to replace an O-ring on any of my lights due to wear however I did need one for my clicky when I misplaced it after taking it apart. I contacted HDS and they just sent me one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts