archimedes

Flashaholic
The color codes only refer to output. They do not denote the type of LED so:
120 lumen green
140 lumen blue
170 lumen purple
200 lumen red
250 lumen orange

And to bring it up to date, a 325 lumen light has a yellow sticker. So yours is a 140.

For completeness, add ...

85 lumen red
100 lumen yellow
GT (guaranteed tint) white

Yes, the color code has some overlap ... :shrug:

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, this is hard to search for (not my first time), so using a search-able string HDSstickercolorcodes here is the whole shebang:

85 lumen red
100 lumen yellow
120 lumen green
140 lumen blue
170 lumen purple
200 lumen red
250 lumen orange
325 lumen yellow

Good thing the repeats are far apart, should not be hard to tell which you have.

OCD

Enlightened
On a different note, I got one of these for Christmas:

http://forcetech.biz/product/hds-systems/

Quite a bit cheaper than the HDS offering but still great quality. With the tension properly adjusted (which you can do yourself), it holds my flashlight securely with no chance of it accidentally falling out.

+1 on these holsters.

I've had one for quite a while and don't think you'll find another with the options available for a better price. I actually have 2...I ordered a right hand version and was sent a left hand by mistake. I was sent the correct model and was told to keep the incorrect one.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes, thanks .... I've often wished that info could be put into a "sticky" thread somewhere.

It is indeed difficult to search for, and find :sigh:

Robe

Enlightened
Has anyone heard from Henry? I dropped him an email a few days ago and haven't had a response but it's just after the holidays to I expect people to be back logged.

Was hoping to have some word on the rotaries. I'm coming up on 5 months waiting and I'm just a bit frustrated.

JohnSmith

Enlightened
Has anyone heard from Henry? I dropped him an email a few days ago and haven't had a response but it's just after the holidays to I expect people to be back logged.

Was hoping to have some word on the rotaries. I'm coming up on 5 months waiting and I'm just a bit frustrated.

I sent him an email on 12/31 and he replied the same day. Inquired regarding the in-stock status if 2xAA clicky tubes, and he confirmed they were. I then ordered a nice new light...

If it helps, he said the rotary version of the 2xAA tubes would be available in 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

I was so happy for you when you placed your order then thinking you would happily receive your light in a few days. It's a shame that production issues kept creeping into HDS and buyers are always made to wait an indefinite amount of time. The longest I ever waited was almost a year if I still remember correctly, and some a few months, but that was during the time when HDS was bugged with all the machining issues. My advice is to just be patient and not think about it as it will eventually reach you when stocks are available. Have a great day!

calypso699

Newly Enlightened

I emailed him just before Christmas. His response to me was "The new mechanism was finally able to pass all of the testing program yesterday afternoon - there are no more issues on the to do list other than final assembly and shipping. The final assembly will take about a week and we will be able to resume shipping the following week. Your order should be able to make it out the door by the end of the first week of January." I'm hoping to get a tracking number this week.

ThumperACC

Newly Enlightened
I emailed him just before Christmas. His response to me was "The new mechanism was finally able to pass all of the testing program yesterday afternoon - there are no more issues on the to do list other than final assembly and shipping. The final assembly will take about a week and we will be able to resume shipping the following week. Your order should be able to make it out the door by the end of the first week of January." I'm hoping to get a tracking number this week.

Calypso, this is good to hear. When did you place your order? I placed mine on October 11 and was told mine will ship about a week after shipping begins.

ThumperACC

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
HDS sticker color codes:

85 lumen red
100 lumen yellow
120 lumen green
140 lumen blue
170 lumen purple
200 lumen red
250 lumen orange
325 lumen yellow

Good thing the repeats are far apart, should not be hard to tell which you have.
When I first looked at your other post I was thinking that I'd had both white and yellow a long time ago, and sure enough the yellow was my old favorite hCRI P4.

Something that would make a lot of sense, be really helpful and and save Hondo a lot of effort next time would be if this quickie guide could be inserted into the OP of every one of the 18 threads, or at very least this one and again in the future if a break ever occurs again.

edit: I just realized that I've had all except the last one. Sometime soon I'll find out what sticker comes next...

Last edited:

Robe

Enlightened
I was so happy for you when you placed your order then thinking you would happily receive your light in a few days. It's a shame that production issues kept creeping into HDS and buyers are always made to wait an indefinite amount of time. The longest I ever waited was almost a year if I still remember correctly, and some a few months, but that was during the time when HDS was bugged with all the machining issues. My advice is to just be patient and not think about it as it will eventually reach you when stocks are available. Have a great day!

I think I've been patient. ;). Trying to stay so. It's just a bummer in that when I ordered I did not know there was a delay. I sold my other HDS to pay for this one, assuming it would only take a few weeks (anticipating a delay while Hogo made the holster). Sonics been without a light at all during the darkest tike of the year here. (I don't have a collection.) Had I known I would have bought something for the interim, but the delay wasn't expected.

But I'll wait on. The rotary, to me, is just unlike anything else. I've had one light that I liked the color more on, some others that are very, very good, but the great beam on the HDS competes well, and the control is without equal. Even the lower lumen hCRI was sufficient for everything. I've had some blasters that were fun, but just not needed. I just can't wait to have one back.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I've been patient. ;). Trying to stay so. It's just a bummer in that when I ordered I did not know there was a delay. I sold my other HDS to pay for this one, assuming it would only take a few weeks (anticipating a delay while Hogo made the holster). Sonics been without a light at all during the darkest tike of the year here. (I don't have a collection.) Had I known I would have bought something for the interim, but the delay wasn't expected.

But I'll wait on. The rotary, to me, is just unlike anything else. I've had one light that I liked the color more on, some others that are very, very good, but the great beam on the HDS competes well, and the control is without equal. Even the lower lumen hCRI was sufficient for everything. I've had some blasters that were fun, but just not needed. I just can't wait to have one back.
It really sucks to be without a light. I feel what you are feeling. Let me know in PM if you would like to borrow a light. I may just have something to let you play with till you receive the HDS.

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all for posting your responses from Henry. Now I don't have to email him for another couple of weeks or three (by then we will hopefully all have our tracking numbers). :candle:

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
One day I'm going to see this thread getting lots of posts like it has the last couple of days and its going to be all us Rotary customers cheering as we receive our shipping confirmations. One day....

Status
Not open for further replies.