HDS Systems EDC #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Location of carry and general lifestyle has to play at least as big a part in whether clips are good for one user or not.

It comes down to person, pants, pockets, and proclivity. On more than one occasion, I've had to retrace my steps to find a flashlight that had been clipped inside my pocket. A slender flashlight, like a Malkoff 2aa MDC, does well because most of the device resides below the pocket line. There is enough friction in the equation to prevent its ejection. However, a relatively short affair like an HDS would fly screaming into the night if I were to trust a pocket clip. Truthfully, I don't even want belt clips on my Thor's Hammer leather, despite being well read on the subject of their durability and trustworthiness. All of that aside, my subjective impression is that a metal clip detracts from the overall aesthetics and ergonomics of any gear, whether leather or metal, flashlight or knife.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I don't even want belt clips on my Thor's Hammer leather, despite being well read on the subject of their durability and trustworthiness. All of that aside, my subjective impression is that a metal clip detracts from the overall aesthetics and ergonomics of any gear...

Aesthetics aside, the THCL clip is very, very secure and will not come off a gun belt. I like it on many of my THCL HDS flash light holsters for two reasons: 1. it takes up very little real estate, and 2. once the sun comes up I can take off the holster without taking off the belt. Holsters not concealed tend to "excite" people on the Northeast coast of the USA.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holsters not concealed tend to "excite" people on the Northeast coast of the USA.

Though I live on the border of two decidedly red states, somehow I've managed to work among people who are also "excited" by anything remotely tactical. For this reason, my most recent purchase from Thor's Hammer is a belt pouch dyed in red so that it is unlikely to be confused with a weapon or part of a weapon system. All of that to say that I understand where you're coming from.

bigfoot

Enlightened
I rotate two 5k 3 o'clock rotaries at work operating heavy machinery, these are way under-rated IMHO. Nice white light with excellent color rendition indoors/out.

Many thanks! Sounds like this light is going on the short list... :thumbsup:

indigon

Enlightened
Pretty much my standard rotary configuration these days..
Lots of adventures, literally hangs in there.
0KCz0Jx.jpg

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only for interested people who would like to know how the HDS colors will be. All Lights are not modified original by HDS! The only Exception is the Surefire. I already posted this picture here
I hope this little compare will help to decide what color is the right one. :)

UUvg6hU.jpg

90 degree rotated: https://imgur.com/NjO9ejX

Last edited:

Sos24

Enlightened
Thanks for posting. That comparison is very helpful.

Only for interested people who would like to know how the HDS colors will be. All Lights are not modified original by HDS! The only Exception is the Surefire. I already posted this picture here
I hope this little compare will help to decide what color is the right one. :)
wNNsQ1e.jpg

bigfoot

Enlightened
^^ That is a great comparison shot, thanks!! ^^

Noticed the "219C 4000K 200lm HiCRI" shown in the pic -- is that the same 4K High CRI that was recently discontinued? (If so, guess I thought that was a 219B.) Hard to keep track of all these different emitters -- it's nice to have choices, though! :D

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
5000k 3 o.clock high noon or the special hcri 4500k is next on my list....

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I found something here, on the inside of the reflector see scratches, this can be from the screws on the board? But on the screws the gray matter is shiny, it is whole, otherwise it would have flown off, it can mean that this is not the first reflector on this lamp? Then it would explain why in the shape of a ray there is a small ring on the outer perimeter :)

I think, maybe, if try to lower the reflector, it may be worth replacing the screws with countersunk heads? Then they will not scratch
x010.jpg

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I promised adding a few pictures of the Fenix AOD-S Diffuser. This diffuser fits perfect on the HDS. Btw the diffuser also fits perfectly on 1" Surefire Lights, but this is not the topic here...

Here it is:

sEHnaRu.jpg

06kIlpu.jpg

b8H35Px.jpg

Last edited:

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Noticed the "219C 4000K 200lm HiCRI" shown in the pic -- is that the same 4K High CRI that was recently discontinued? (If so, guess I thought that was a 219B.)
The "219C 4000K 200lm HiCRI" HDS is from Hogos legendary HDS 2700k, 3000k, 3500k, and 4000k GROUP BUY. Therefore it is definately 219C.

But you are true if you were pointing on the "4000K HiCRI Option" that was available until ~1-2 month ago on the HDS Website. This light was 2109B.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you have an old reflector on a new head.

I still have a suspicion that there is a sapphire crystal, in one of the messages of stream #19 there was a photograph of three glasses, it was evident that the sapphire is thicker. This suspicion arose because of the pronounced chamfers on the edge of the glass. My measurements show 2.8 mm. Can anybody tell the thickness of the standard glass in mm?

More about the clip for rotary, I see that many people use clips from other lanterns, adding a rope to keep the clip in place, that if you simply increase the captures of the clip to the width of the narrow part of the lantern so that it can not move independently + add a notch on the outside, the same as on the lantern itself (it's just a random thought, do not pay attention) the clip itself is made of titanium, titanium is softer than anodizing and will not made a scratching bottleneck when installing and removing

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has a yellow circle around positive terminal. It's either a 100 Lumen or a 325. Yep. Didn't notice screw holes until you mentioned them!!

BTW, my "Legacy" Clicky 100 is a HCRI, with the Seoul P4 HCRI LED, and it's a winner. I don't remember any non-HCRI lights from that era below 120 lumens. So it may likely be a very nice HCRI unit. I just found it, and it is a Seoul P4 for sure, not an Osram Golden Dragon. That still does not mean it is a HCRI for sure, as I don't know if Henry built any non-HCRI P4 lights with only 100 lumens, I just don't remember any. Also, I got one of the first HDS bezels, they still had Ra bezels shipping when I ordered, so that can go either way, HDS branding preceded the ACME thread change.

Lithium466

Enlightened
How "orange" looks the phosphor on your HiCri 100 compared to the one on ebay?

redryder

Enlightened
The new reflectors have a milled channel so that the reflector sits lower.

Hi, I found something here, on the inside of the reflector see scratches, this can be from the screws on the board? But on the screws the gray matter is shiny, it is whole, otherwise it would have flown off, it can mean that this is not the first reflector on this lamp? Then it would explain why in the shape of a ray there is a small ring on the outer perimeter :)

I think, maybe, if try to lower the reflector, it may be worth replacing the screws with countersunk heads? Then they will not scratch
View attachment 8199

Status
Not open for further replies.