HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone has a recommendation for a cordura holster that fits a HDS (with CR123 tube). I do not want leather for this particular usecase.
Yes I have a good recommendation that fits the regular CR123 Tube HDS. A "Tasmanian Tiger Tool Pocket S" holster. It is very well done, and not really explensive. It fits perfectly the HDS with CR123 tube.

I hope I could help with your question :)

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I have a good recommendation that fits the regular CR123 Tube HDS. A "Tasmanian Tiger Tool Pocket S" holster. It is very well done, and not really explensive. It fits perfectly the HDS with CR123 tube.
Hey WoL! Cool advice. I ordered the "Tasmanian tiger Tool Pocket S" in Coyote for my Brass Rotary. It is really great, love that color!!!

On I almost forgot to tell you. I also found a nice holster. The "Brandit Molle Multi Pouch small". I bought it for my Bare Aluminium Rotary. It is in the same price range like the Tasmanian tiger Holster. The holster fits perfectly! You may give it a try?

gravelrash

Enlightened
Just got these in:

JWAMpoM.jpg

I haven't used the Tek-lok before but it seems very, very secure. So far I like these. Made by David at buybrownind web site.

EDIT, these are not shown on the site; I sent him an email describing what I wanted.

Last edited:

muichimon

Newly Enlightened

This pouch is nice. There is also an XS which is smaller than the S. Will it fit in that?

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This pouch is nice. There is also an XS which is smaller than the S. Will it fit in that?
I can not tell you that (since I do not own any TT XS puch). But my guess is it will be too small. The "Tasmanian Tiger Tool Pocket S" fits perfectly. The HDS fits (with the diameter) perfectly.
I guess the XS version will be too small for the HDS body diameter.

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
I can not tell you that (since I do not own any TT XS puch). But my guess is it will be too small. The "Tasmanian Tiger Tool Pocket S" fits perfectly. The HDS fits (with the diameter) perfectly.
I guess the XS version will be too small for the HDS body diameter.
Thank you, I will buy S size. I don't have a holster that's just the right size for the HDS, so now I put them in the pouch that came with the earphones when I bought them.
1IMG_4538.JPG
2IMG_4520.JPG
3IMG_4528.JPG

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
I immediately purchased the Tasmanian Tiger Tool Pocket. Since the price was cheap, I bought S size and XS size and compared them. As a result, HDS entered both sizes without problems. The XS size is one size smaller, so it is more compact, but it is a little difficult to take out. It's tight enough that even if you open the flap and shake it upside down, the light won't fall out. Considering the balance between size and ease of taking out, the S size is easier to use. Also, it is better to cut off the inner quality label tag because it will get caught when storing the light.
1IMG_4650.JPG
2IMG_4652.JPG
4IMG_4665.JPG
5IMG_4660.JPG
6IMG_4690.JPG

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea with the battery :clap:

When I have time I guess I need to put all my HDS capable Tasmanian Tiger and Brandit holsters together since I have a lot different colors. The Brandit Holsters have lot of different options....

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Additional report for Tasmanian Tiger Tool Pocket. I was able to fit one spare CR123A battery along with the light.
39604.jpg

congrats on your new light
fwiw, Out of an Abundace of Caution
I would Not Feel Safe with the bezel of the HDS riding directly on the battery..

Attachments

• 39604.jpg
    39604.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 93

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
The battery is facing sideways and the contact surface is on the switch side of the light, so I think it's probably okay. This holster fits like it was made for the HDS. Thanks to WarriorOfLight for introducing me to this.

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
How tight is the battery wedged down in there? Is it an easy process working the battery out of the holster?
The battery is held firmly and will not fall out even if it is turned upside down. When you take it out, if you pinch the side of the holster with your fingers, the lying battery will become vertical and you can take it out. It will not come out if it is left on its side. The XS size is much tighter than the S size, so if you don't push it well, you won't be able to lie down. However, I might get used to it after using it for a long time, so I will try using the XS size for a while. Oh, I want more HDS lights.

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
Gotcha. Sounds like a great holster. Imma have to get a couple. Yeah I want more HDS also. Still waiting on my NB45 to arrive, going on 4 wks so far lol
So you ordered the NB45. 4 weeks from order means you should be prepared to wait another 4 weeks. I also received the same NB45 just last month, but it was shipped in 8 weeks from the order, and it took another 2 weeks by international mail. However, I feel that it was good to buy it because it is a good color that is very easy to see.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow 8 weeks from the order?! I'm at least glad I'm in the US, 8 wks is a big difference than 5wks on his website. I figured there was some added time in there as well. Sounds like my shipment regarding me sending my Zebra to Bob in Canada, have him swap leds, and send it back will arrive before my HDS order. Insanity…

My buddies NB30 Rotary only took 2 wks and it was recent

Last edited: