HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a right side horizontal carry Huey flying at night?

img-1327.jpg

img-1330.jpg

img-1332.jpg

Killer stuff hogo

doctordun

Enlightened
How about a right side horizontal carry Huey flying at night?

img-1327.jpg

img-1330.jpg

img-1332.jpg

That is a great look and I would consider it, but I am right handed and conceal carry on that side.
When I saw the stamp, I got excited until I figured it would be upside down or backwards on my left side. I was thinking about a canted holster, but then it would be pointed down.
You have so many wonderful choices, I am sure I can find something I will love, once I get my brass/bronze HDS.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
How exactly do you do the coloring, are they dyes?

All with dyes. I don't paint the leather. It does get a bit tricky with dyes... it is very unforgiving.

That is a great look and I would consider it, but I am right handed and conceal carry on that side.
When I saw the stamp, I got excited until I figured it would be upside down or backwards on my left side. I was thinking about a canted holster, but then it would be pointed down.
You have so many wonderful choices, I am sure I can find something I will love, once I get my brass/bronze HDS.

Don't worry. I made it mostly for me. I was looking at the stamp and wondering where I could put a tritium in there. I just like making stuff... like these...
img-1321.jpg
img-1331.jpg
img-1333.jpg
img-1334.jpg
img-1336.jpg
img-1337156.jpg
img-1338.jpg
img-1339.jpg
img-1341.jpg

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aww...these are old news, i already saw these on the site a little while ago :p

I like the coloring on the bamboo/coi. I also like that bamboo stamp.

All very nice:thumbsup:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aww...these are old news, i already saw these on the site a little while ago :p

I like the coloring on the bamboo/coi. I also like that bamboo stamp.

All very nice:thumbsup:

I made the bamboo stamps myself with a Dremel and some bolts. The Koi is the closest I get to carving.

That red on the Koi holster is the same as this...
img-1317.jpg

It's just put on in many layers then a dull finish applied. Put it on light and you get pink.

Last edited:

doctordun

Enlightened
So many choices.
Can't wait to be sure I'm getting a new Brass/Bronze HDS and I will place an order for my fourth holster. I know that I can't hold a candle to some of you, but I am running as fast as I can to catch up. I have an excuse. I'm old.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
So many choices... and I will place an order for my fourth holster...

I thought one THCL holsters was enough and now I have six. Unbelievable. What is also amazing is that I use all of the holsters at different times and I have not picked a favorite -- do not think I can. I like each of them for different reasons.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought just one HDS would be enough, now I have 3 and use them all. I can imagine a use for another as well. Please don't let me get interested in holsters.
P

ven

Flashaholic
There are many places a flashlight nut dreams of visiting, be it HDS, be it Jeff in his shed making Hanko tridents. Your holster shop is my No1 for sure , not just for a rum, but the smell of all that leather must be amazing as well. Yep, your shop is my number one place to want to visit:cool:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I was able to use my Thors Hammer Custom Leather clip on HDS holster to attach my HDS light to shorts with an elastic waist band. The temperature was very hot here. Needed to fix some kitchen cabinets and needed the light. The holster gripped the elastic waist band firmly and securely and I was able to take my HDS light with me!

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many places a flashlight nut dreams of visiting, be it HDS, be it Jeff in his shed making Hanko tridents. Your holster shop is my No1 for sure , not just for a rum, but the smell of all that leather must be amazing as well. Yep, your shop is my number one place to want to visit:cool:

If you are ever in Tucson, let me know. I think the shop is probably very anticlimactic as it is just a very small room in a very small home packed to the ceiling with tools and stuff. The worst thing is... I can't smell leather anymore. Customers who come over always say how great is smells... Haven't been able to for years. I would try snorting leather dust from the shop vac, but that just seems wrong.

ven

Flashaholic
If the vac is a henry..................yes does sound wrong :p

Thats awesome, next time i get to the cool side, i have lots of places to get . Your shop would be amazing......................:cool: Thank you