HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
img-1214.jpg
img-1215.jpg
img-1216.jpg

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo, yous a bad ....! I havn't sampled your work yet, but you bring an artistic side to the world of carrying the best with the best! Between you and Henry, you complete the execution of design and use! Thanks ese!

One word deleted....Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just want to say.... These holsters look killer in the pics, but they sre a whole nother level when you get to look at them up close and personal.

Finally got home for a day and just took a quick peek at my holsters....simply amazing! Thanks Dan...

can't wait to get the time to complete my image for my own stamp and have some things made.

Will try to post a pic of the group later, even though they have all been seen before.

Thanks for also sending the swatch of stingray! It is a much nicer material in person compared to the pics. When light hits it at different angles, it's pretty unique.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for also sending the swatch of stingray! It is a much nicer material in person compared to the pics. When light hits it at different angles, it's pretty unique.

Stingray is an interesting material. Tough as nails. The little bumps are calcium deposits. Cat can't scratch the stuff. Royal pain to work with but makes a holster that will never wear out.

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
After going back through this thread, I'm thinking i will eventually want to try one of those inside deep carry pocket holsters and the horizontal belt carry holsters.

Both are great alternate options

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
After going back through this thread, I'm thinking i will eventually want to try one of those inside deep carry pocket holsters and the horizontal belt carry holsters.

Both are great alternate options

Yeah, once you get custom leather, nothing else will do. Your days of sporting plastic holsters are over, sir. My first leather holster had the same effect on me as my first HDS. The search is over. Once I get the flavors I need, I'm content to stop buying.

I still want one more holster, perhaps a horizontal belt carry with a celtic theme.

Johnnyh

Enlightened
Stingray is an interesting material. Tough as nails. The little bumps are calcium deposits. Cat can't scratch the stuff. Royal pain to work with but makes a holster that will never wear out.

I'll testify to that. I've had my dark green stingray holster hanging on my belt for three weeks or so banging around all over the place and it has incurred ZERO scratches, marks, blemishes etc. The stuff is like armor!

INFRNL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to mention...lined holsters are the way to go. Maybe i just love the soft feel, but it's definitely a nice add on

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Smaug. Lined with olive deer skin.
One large green tritium vial for both eyes.

img-1227.jpg
img-1229.jpg

img-1235.jpg

Last edited:

doctordun

Enlightened
Here are the ones I have that may apply... What did you fly?
for reference, the choppers are just about 3 inches long.
img-1218.jpg

img-1219.jpg

I flew all three, but the Huey in the middle was my primary. Not sure how a 3" stamp would work on an HDS holster.

Regarding the stingray holster, Hogo made me one and it is absolutely beautiful.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I flew all three, but the Huey in the middle was my primary. Not sure how a 3" stamp would work on an HDS holster.

Regarding the stingray holster, Hogo made me one and it is absolutely beautiful.

The front piece of the holster is about 3.25 inches wide (the part that wraps around the light) so the chopper might be a bit "cramped" but maybe angle the stamp forward... I was in a chopper once... I would highly recommend NOT having 2 VERY large beers beforehand. It was in Hawaii and I just wanted the pilot to set me down on Mauna Loa and I would walk back on the molten lava.

On a side note, Henry is helicopter pilot. Just another thing I won't do with him like caving. He doesn't own one though.