HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received another holster Gem from Thors Leather Holsters. It is a front pocket holster that went through quite a bit of testing and development as this is version #3, the winner.

The purpose of the holster is to hold the HDS flash light in the front pocket suspended in a leather "hammock" so that it is easy to draw, easy to re-holster, and does not feel like a roll of quarters deep in the bottom of your pocket. This holster delivers.

Both the vertical and horizontal sides of this holster are a specific length to:
1. support the flashlight
2. prevent the holster from coming out of your pocket when drawing the flashlight, and
3. keep the holster in position so that the light is easily re-holstered.

To further ensure that the holster does not rotate when the flash light is drawn or float away when the flash light is re-holster the leather was turned inside out so the rough side faces the inside pocket.

This holster a winner and highly recommended.

p1110445.jpg

Why did I want this type of holster. Sometimes I do not want to attract unwanted attention when carrying my HDS light in public. The Prometheus clip attracts unwanted attention too. The roll of quarters feeling in the bottom of my pocket is not the solution for me. I am using the holster now. The weight is spread very nicely across the seam on the bottom of my pocket. The holster with a Rotary light in it is hardly noticeable as the wings of the holster are slightly flexible and bend to the shape of your leg.

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received another holster Gem from Thors Leather Holsters. It is a front pocket holster that went through quite a bit of testing and development as this is version #3, the winner.

The purpose of the holster is to hold the HDS flash light in the front pocket suspended in a leather "hammock" so that it is easy to draw, easy to re-holster, and does not feel like a roll of quarters deep in the bottom of your pocket. This holster delivers.

Both the vertical and horizontal sides of this holster are a specific length to:
1. support the flashlight
2. prevent the holster from coming out of your pocket when drawing the flashlight, and
3. keep the holster in position so that the light is easily re-holstered.

To further ensure that the holster does not rotate when the flash light is drawn or float away when the flash light is re-holster the leather was turned inside out so the rough side faces the inside pocket.

This holster a winner and highly recommended.

attachment.php

I don't think the photo attached, but I can help with that...

img-1061.jpg

I use https://www.techpowerup.org/upload
now for uploading and posting pictures. It's free and seems to work pretty well.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, I decided to go with these and sent the images to my stamp maker. The last one is going to take some serious work on his part as generally, images have to be black and white, so he will have to clean up the image a lot and get it appropriate for stamp making.

This one will have a circle around it. Where it is black, will be raised in the leather and the surrounding area will be pressed down. Should look great with a tritium eye. Will be 3 inch diameter.

unknown-copy.png

On this, the black will be imprinted in the leather leaving the white raised. 3 inches tall. Again, I think tritium eyes will look good in this.

il-570xn-1216713903-75c8-copy.jpg

The edges of this will fade. When finished, the skulls should have a 3D effect.
skull-pile-drawing-51-copy.jpg

I figured it was time for a few more custom stamps and since I had to place an order anyway for a stamp for a large portfolio I'm making for a customer, I might as well add some extras.

I also ordered more tritium vials... every color available...

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hogo- How big will the stamp for the bottom one be?

I haven't decided yet. I'm going to print it and cut it out. Generally for flashlight holsters, around 3 inches is max, but for pistol holsters... it can be quite a bit larger. To keep it more "universal" I may go with 3 inches tall as well.

scout24

Flashaholic
If it can be wrapped around a standard sized HDS holster, please consider this a pre-order request. :thumbsup:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it can be wrapped around a standard sized HDS holster, please consider this a pre-order request. :thumbsup:

LOL! Standard open top 1 inch diameter holsters are 3.25 inches wide when the front is cut, and 3 inches tall. With the finger cut outs, it goes 4 inches tall but you lose the upper sides. It's why I'm kind of leaning to the 3 inches tall, which is still a good size on a pistol holster.

moltenmag

Enlightened
Anyone know if this style of holster can be made? I like the simplistic design of it. Hogo what do you think?

155p35i.jpg

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn Hogo, I'm really liking the look of those dragons. How long does it generally take for the stamps to be made? Time to start saving up my pennies for one with a tritium vial...

PS: How is the tritium vial secured? Is it just in the leather or something?

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if this style of holster can be made? I like the simplistic design of it. Hogo what do you think?

Yes, those can be copied, but you you wouldn't want the bottom just molded as eventually with wear, the leather will soften and light will fall out the bottom... unless that is a tension screw on the bottom... which it may very well be.

Damn Hogo, I'm really liking the look of those dragons. How long does it generally take for the stamps to be made? Time to start saving up my pennies for one with a tritium vial...

PS: How is the tritium vial secured? Is it just in the leather or something?

My stamp maker can take anywhere from a week to years depending on his mood! He's been pretty good lately and is generally a couple weeks. I learned to call and pester him until he makes them just to have me leave him alone.

I first make the hole where the tritium will be seen, then on the back side of the leather I cut a channel so the tritium vial will sit just below flush. It is then glued in and the lining glued over the top of it. There is no way it can fall out and is protected by the leather.

Here you can see a couple vials in the grove cut in the back of the leather. When it is lined, you can't feel the vials as they are below the surface. Only about a small amount of the vial can actually be seen from the front depending on the size hole. the wolf (Fenrir) you could about half the vial from the front, and maybe only 1/5 of the vial in the skull and ravens eyes.

img-1145.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Can't wait to get it Dan! Will be a great way to discretely carry my Rotary.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered by a B. Banner, MD. He said he would pick it up in person and called when he got to Tucson, but sounded kind of angry on the phone due to Tucson traffic. Haven't heard from him since. Maybe he got caught up in all that craziness I've been hearing on the news going on downtown.

3.5x25mm tritium vial.

img-1208.jpg
img-1209.jpg

img-1212.jpg

nbp

Flashaholic
Thats quite the personalized holster! I hope he picks it up - it's the kind of thing you need the right buyer for.

Latest posts