HDS Systems EDC Holsters # 1

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
New custom tailored THCL holster arrived today. Love it!
49917102977_d84c6dd8c2_b.jpg

The best part is that it will work with my clipped rotary.
49916804236_c66e104d2d_b.jpg

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had Dan make this one for me when I got my Panda 18650. Really growing on me...light fits like a glove, pulls out of the pocket nice and the loop is great for attaching lanyards or to a carabiner. 100% protection. If I had another made I might ask about a liner to make it a tad smoother inside but this one is breaking in nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_2009.jpg
    IMG_2009.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 331
  • IMG_2012.jpg
    IMG_2012.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 338

bdr

Newly Enlightened
Had Dan make this one for me when I got my Panda 18650. Really growing on me...light fits like a glove, pulls out of the pocket nice and the loop is great for attaching lanyards or to a carabiner. 100% protection. If I had another made I might ask about a liner to make it a tad smoother inside but this one is breaking in nicely.
Looks so good!!!

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've spent a lot of time looking at EDC pocket organizers, belt sheaths and other carry options. Every time I scan a menu of holsters, looking for something that is pre-patterned to accommodate my chosen tools, I realize I'm going backwards. Why should someone else's design dictate what light and knife I carry? Wouldn't it be better to choose my own accoutrements first, then have the holsters made to fit? That's how I ended up with these from Thor's Hammer Custom Leather.

20210214-120011.jpg

His website says that the turnaround time is about two weeks, but in my experience I've never had to wait more than two or three business days before I receive shipping notification. I've seen other makers with wait times as long as six to eight weeks, and they don't even offer custom builds. These holsters are one of a kind and like the items they house, they will probably never need to be replaced.

20210214-120122.jpg

doctordun

Enlightened
When the Berrylium Copper comes to fruition and I'm lucky enough to get one, I will need a holster......of course.

Reading this thread got me interested in a pocket carry. I suppose a belt carry can double as a pocket carry, but I would want it to be a deep carry. Maybe no clip, still thinking.

Any ideas out there?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Found a better clip for inside the pocket carry. This thing snaps on doesn't come off. My solution to bezel down low ride pocket carry without a clip on the light.
Made from thinner leather to keep bulk down, but still has a spare battery carrier.
Ulticlip is very secure! Upside is that the light is protected in your pocket from poop (Stuff Hidden In Trousers) from scratching it up.

Last edited:

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two High Noons at High Noon in Show Off holsters by Daniel at Thors Custom Leather Holsters. One is the upgraded by HDS Titanium Executive in a Sting Ray Show Off holster and the other is a HDS Rotary in a leather Show Off holster.

These holsters are great because they are low profile and secure.

image-a1.jpg

image-b1.jpg

I have been using the leather holster pictured above Everyday for 13 months and it is sturdy and outstanding.

carrot

Flashaholic
Found a better clip for inside the pocket carry. This thing snaps on doesn't come off. My solution to bezel down low ride pocket carry without a clip on the light.
Made from thinner leather to keep bulk down, but still has a spare battery carrier.
Ulticlip is very secure! Upside is that the light is protected in your pocket from poop (Stuff Hidden In Trousers) from scratching it up.
What do you typically charge for one of these? I might need one.

doctordun

Enlightened

I like this a lot. In fact, I just ordered one without the spare battery holder. Can't wait for this to pair with my new BECU!

Last edited:

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was screwing around in the leather shop again today...

Holster detaches from belt loop and can be rotated in several positions.
6w4475p

Commodorefirst

Newly Enlightened
A few closeups of my custom slips for the special metal HDS lights.

most recent, is the Scale pattern in light tan for the stainless

p2410520788-6.jpg

Then next is a lined sharkskin for the BeCu light, was thinking of a tiny basket weave again for this one, but Dan talked me into a lined sharkskin that has a really cool pattern.

p2410513383-6.jpg

Next is a detailed tiny basket weave designed to look like carbon fiber. For my Titanium rotary, This contributed to Dan's need for alcoholic consumption on the weekends. He has had a long time to recover, but some things just affect you more than others. :)

p2410513378-6.jpg

I chose a deerskin slip for the brass model, very soft and comfy:

p2410514078-6.jpg

Dan at Thor's customs (Hogo) is a wizard and will work and do what you need or want in a holster, slip, sheath, etc etc. one of my favorite collaborations we came up with together was a bezel up belt clip, that also works as a hat holster on my hat brim. We talked, cussed and discussed our design, and ended up with something that meets my needs. In case you have not noticed, I always carry a spare battery attached to the slips or holsters. (You know, one is none and two is one.)

Brown one is used all the time for Turkey hunting, and the other lives in the truck for use if I need my hands free. (First two photos from Dan).

p2410514096-3.jpg

p2410514098-4.jpg

p2410513699-2.jpg

Last edited: