Help me choose -- HDS vs Muyshondt for low-light usage...

Help Me Choose - HDS vs Muyshondt

• HDS High-CRI Rotary

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Muyshondt Aeon Mk. III

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dr Forinor

Enlightened
Maybe try asking Henry if he could custom tune an 18650 model for your higher output request.
http://www.hdssystems.com/Products/TailR18680R/

off the top of my head, I cant think of any High CRI light that runs on a single CR123, capable of that brightness.

here is an 18650 light that can do it

The thing is, the 123 sized HDS isn't exactly small when compared to other 123s, an 18650 sized HDS will be even bigger and I would prefer to keep the HDS as compact as possible.

I'm willing to wait until such a time when a high CRI HDS will be putting out 300-350 lumens :)

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thought I'd resurrect this thread to share my choice... finally made a decision, and went with the HDS Rotary 200 lumen High CRI.

Many thanks to all for their help and great info!

lovecpf

How about an update on your purchase? Did the HDS Rotary 200 High CRI light meet your expectations?

I have had a non CRI rotary for a few years and find the Rotary function to "get in the way" of fast desired light output. For that reason, I also purchased the Clicky High CRI HDS for speed to four (4) light outputs. I also have the Aeon Mk III. Nothing beats that light for a pocket-able, do not even know you have it until you need it, high CRI solution.

Last edited: