Help Picking an Eagletac D25Cvn / Spec 1 or 2?

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Hi guys I need help before I order a D25Cvn

Which spec is classed as the Searchlight?

Opinions on Spec 1 vs Spec 2

Does anyone have any beam shots of both?

Does anyone own either of these lights?

Is spec 2 1500 lumens?

Ive read through all the posts but so confused with all the different versions of this light that have been released :duh2:

Finally which body type do you prefer old or new

and DHT all over or not? :twothumbs

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have Spec 2. Based on comparison with other lights, my guess would be 1000 lumens & 10,000 lux. Compare that with Spec 1 which is listed on SkyLumem as 600 lumens & 24,000 lux.

So it depends upon whether you're in need of a flooder or a balanced light. I wouldn't call Spec 1 a thrower based on other V54 throwers.

By the way, Spec 2 in titanium gets too hot to handle in less than a minute on turbo.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Spec 1 sounds better then I think

Did you get the old or the new version body and did you go for DHT or standard Titanium look?

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I have Spec 2. Based on comparison with other lights, my guess would be 1000 lumens & 10,000 lux. Compare that with Spec 1 which is listed on SkyLumem as 600 lumens & 24,000 lux.

So it depends upon whether you're in need of a flooder or a balanced light. I wouldn't call Spec 1 a thrower based on other V54 throwers.

By the way, Spec 2 in titanium gets too hot to handle in less than a minute on turbo.

How do you find the spec 2?

Is it nice or do you wish you went with spec 1?

Any beam shots?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have plain titanium. The treatment is just for looks, doesn't affect performance.
Mine is current and I like the flood.

Here's my philosophy on small lights. They should all be flood because they will be used for close-up tasks, where a hot spot glare will ruin your night vision.

My one exception is the TX25Cvn which is a Mini Mouse throw monster. This and a pocket flooder makes a great combo.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I have plain titanium. The treatment is just for looks, doesn't affect performance.
Mine is current and I like the flood.

Here's my philosophy on small lights. They should all be flood because they will be used for close-up tasks, where a hot spot glare will ruin your night vision.

My one exception is the TX25Cvn which is a Mini Mouse throw monster. This and a pocket flooder makes a great combo.

Whats the throw like on your spec 2? Does it throw pretty good?

I am not sure which I should go for, I want a wow factor that will be impressive. My Friend has the stock D25C and I want to show him up a tad lol

I know the DHT is for looks but do you like that look and do you think its worth $70 !

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
In general, throw impresses more than flood, until you get above 10,000 lumens.

The pretty colors weren't worth it to me as I view lights as tools. Obviously from "show me your lights" threads, not everyone thinks that way and some lights look better than any jewelry I've seen.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
In general, throw impresses more than flood, until you get above 10,000 lumens.

The pretty colors weren't worth it to me as I view lights as tools. Obviously from "show me your lights" threads, not everyone thinks that way and some lights look better than any jewelry I've seen.

Its tough but im thinking maybe spec 1 in DHT new version of the D25Cvn or the Spec 1 in the old body D25Cvn if going with no DHT as think this light suits the plain look better

Any preference on body type, new style or old?

And just to be a pain, would you vote Toolvn in copper or D25Cvn?

thedodgedud

Newly Enlightened
You could get the toolvn, and show him up on his d25c.....that would be hilarious.
Go with the copper tool vn xpl or the D25ctiVN xpl version. You will be happy either way. I love the tool, but for casual carry and home carry, I like the D25ctiVN due to it sitting deeper in my pocket and clip is a lot stronger. And the glow in the dark tail cap. I feel like I'm going to lose the tool unless I drop it down in my pocket

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
You could get the toolvn, and show him up on his d25c.....that would be hilarious.
Go with the copper tool vn xpl or the D25ctiVN xpl version. You will be happy either way. I love the tool, but for casual carry and home carry, I like the D25ctiVN due to it sitting deeper in my pocket and clip is a lot stronger. And the glow in the dark tail cap. I feel like I'm going to lose the tool unless I drop it down in my pocket

Thanks
Why did you pick the xpl over xpg2 D25Cvn?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually go for de-dome but I agree with Mad on this one. This is a small light that will likely be used inside or at least up close, so spec 2 or 3 would be my choice, depending on whether you prefer cool white or a more natural tint.

As far as the DHT... I view my lights as tools as well, but not like I would a screwdriver. I collect and display, so personally I say YES to DHT!

Good luck

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I usually go for de-dome but I agree with Mad on this one. This is a small light that will likely be used inside or at least up close, so spec 2 or 3 would be my choice, depending on whether you prefer cool white or a more natural tint.

As far as the DHT... I view my lights as tools as well, but not like I would a screwdriver. I collect and display, so personally I say YES to DHT!

Good luck

Thanks
I will be using a bit of both
Not quite sure on old style or new style light (ie the 2015 new edition has a different body) Vinh has both

I like the DHT but its $70 and that could be $70 towards my next light....

How far would the XPL throw, think it would still be decent!?

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks
I like the DHT but its $70 and that could be $70 towards my next light....

How far would the XPL throw, think it would still be decent!?

Yes... well depending on how you might use this light, I believe spec 2 xpl will have around 7 to 10K Lux, which is still plenty (around 100 meters or so... depending) unless you plan to use it mainly outdoors and you just really want more range. If so then you'll probably prefer the 24K of spec 1.

I personally would enjoy spec 2, or probably even spec 3 for a more natural tint, and both are still very usable outdoors. And I'll almost always have a second light handy for more throw when needed, but then I'm a thrower guy.

Yeah $70 is a considerable amount for the DHT and the titanium is nice by itself, so saving that extra money for your next light might be the way to go... and you can always have it dark heat treated later if decided you wanted it.

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Yes... well depending on how you might use this light, I believe spec 2 xpl will have around 7 to 10K Lux, which is still plenty (around 100 meters or so... depending) unless you plan to use it mainly outdoors and you just really want more range. If so then you'll probably prefer the 24K of spec 1.

I personally would enjoy spec 2, or probably even spec 3 for a more natural tint, and both are still very usable outdoors. And I'll almost always have a second light handy for more throw when needed, but then I'm a thrower guy.

Yeah $70 is a considerable amount for the DHT and the titanium is nice by itself, so saving that extra money for your next light might be the way to go... and you can always have it dark heat treated later if decided you wanted it.

Thanks for your help, think I may go for the Spec 1 Xpg2 for mainly outdoor use. I can get the Toolvn for close up work!

A.marquardt

Enlightened
IMO, your best bet for a pocket searchlight is the TX25C2vn. It's small and nearly as impressive a thrower as the S200C2vn.

Last edited:

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good suggestion A.marquardt. I have the TX25Cvn ( FL too) which is slightly less powerful, and it's an impressive thrower for the size. Around 60k lux +. Run time of the C2 would be much better. [emoji106]

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think tx25c2vn is best, and better than d25cvn.. Longer long time and more powerful.. I also recommend eagtac g25c2vn. 1260 lumen, 100k.