• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How could possible that 1 AA flashlight drive to MAX 700 LUMENS???

Danielsan

Enlightened
Would be nice with a firefly mode from off to keep the nightvision. Low is to bright i think. The rest seems to be nearly perfect, i like the voltage check function. This light with nichia high cri LED would be the best and more color options like desert tan.

Esko

Enlightened
Well, there is both a mathematical reason and a practical reason, I suppose ....

Let's use ~ 5 / 100 / 300 (700) vs ~ 1 / 20 / 300 , to simplify the math.

Your output spacing is ~ 20x between L and M, but 3x (7x) between M and H.

My output spacing would be 20x / 15x instead, which gives a lower low, and a more useful medium, with greater separation from "turbo" (high).

As a practical matter, with small "pocket" torches, > 90% ( probably even over 95% ? ) of my needs and uses will be for < 50 lumens.

I prefer 10+ -fold in increases, too. However, with the 2 highest modes, I do like the spacing to be a bit smaller.

This is because on high levels, runtime becomes a subject, too. Not just the perceived brightness. My choice would be something like 1/40/300 (2/50/300 would work, too). That way, the middle mode would be the actual high that I use when I need "plenty of" light for longer times. High (turbo with the runtime of 1 hour or less) would be only for short time uses or when all the brightness is needed. The difference in brightness would still be rather significant (~8x in lumens, 2x+ in perceived brighness) but the difference in runtime would be quite a lot more important (something like 10x, assuming that the electronics is well designed).

klight

Enlightened
Thank you archimedes,

More time using inside than outdoor, so 50 lumens is enough.

JRRsix7

Newly Enlightened
Very interested in your review of this light. Thank you ahead of time!

28059757061_22b717450a_b.jpg

Just need to get the 14500 on the charger and wait for nightfall.

klight

Enlightened
The site says 330 lumen for 55 minutes on AA. Nice!

Klarus, a few questions please :)

How long can it maintain 330 lumens/700 lumens before stepping down or dimming? I assume a few minutes?
Does it accept protected 14500 batteries?
I don't see it for sale yet, can you please tell us when this will be for sale? :)

You may could visit www.batteryjunction.com :) thank you.

jskelton

Newly Enlightened
Got mine in. Simply put: Nice light, but nothing to write home about. Not crazy about the stages of the switch, but that's a personal thing.

No way to know if it's really pushing 700 lumens though. Its bright, but my eyes don't see it as bright as some other lights in that range.

Good knockaround light, save your more expensive or rare ones from abuse by letting this bang around in the glovebox or something. Very capable light, I don't think anyone would feel underpowered having this with them.

Wendee

Enlightened
I think what you choice is Blue one :) Wendee?

Hi klight! I bought the red one and it's so small & pretty! It's definitely my best looking light. It's super bright too, that's for sure! Thank you for including all of the safety features. I feel totally safe using this light with a 14500 battery (it's my first time ever using a 14500 battery). :thumbsup:

klight

Enlightened
Hi klight! I bought the red one and it's so small & pretty! It's definitely my best looking light. It's super bright too, that's for sure! Thank you for including all of the safety features. I feel totally safe using this light with a 14500 battery (it's my first time ever using a 14500 battery). :thumbsup:

You might order a 14500 battery too:)

ktsl

Newly Enlightened
Would be nice to have a neutral white version with Nichia 219.

And, a 1 lumen moonlight would be nice too. 1/20/50/150/300 modes.

Wendee

Enlightened
Would be nice to have a neutral white version with Nichia 219.

And, a 1 lumen moonlight would be nice too. 1/20/50/150/300 modes.

Good idea, ktsl!

My Mi7 with XP-L HI is great for lighting up the night outdoors (wow!) but I'd love a Nichia version too (my favourite for indoor use).

0.05 & 0.2 lumens are my most used levels in the middle of the night so a firefly mode would be perfect. :twothumbs

Klarus, is there any chance that you would consider making a NW version of the Mi7? :)