How do you carry your EDC light?

jdboy

Enlightened
I carried my TC-R2 using the pocket clip in my left front pocket. Before that I carried my NiteCore SR3 inside the same left front pocket but with a lanyard tied to it so the lanyard hung out of my pocket for quick access. I'm in the process of looking for a new EDC light and it will be carried the same way with either a pocket clip or the lanyard method. I do find that the lanyard method makes it easier to place your hand in the pocket to find keys and such though.

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
Currently run my E1e hanging on my right pocket with the clip, with my Kershaw Chill in the pocket. Nice little EDC combo. E1e will be replaced by an E1B once I save up the other $60 for it though.

Draz

Newly Enlightened
6th gen L1 with an E1B clip and tail shroud. It is clipped to a dress belt while at work and casual it is usual in my pocket.

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
Carabiner attached to my belt loop, Quark Mini AA hanging down inside my front pants pocket.

Easy and fast access, not attached to my keys, and doesn't get scratched up by other things down inside the pocket. Oh and the carabiner can function as an anti-roll device too.

bwall85

Newly Enlightened
With jeans I typically have a BK135A Jetbeam or a Nitecore D10 or D11 in the 5th pocket.

Sometimes I'll carry one in a back pocket, but I don't like having them in a front pocket where they'll get beat up by my keys, knife, or scratch up my phone.

I like carrying some bezel-down in my back right pocket.

Or if its summer and I'm outside a lot I'll stick my E2D, MD2, MD3, 6P, C2, etc. in a cargo pocket. Thats pretty comfortable for me.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been spoiled by my friend, Scout24, customization. He installs mcgizmo's Universal clip to my lights.

So my light always rides in my left side front pocket deep carried.

Here is the pic from sandwich shoppe.
universalclip.png

My Quark Ti AA looks like this one.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad56/scout24cpf/P1010440.jpg

KnOeFz

Enlightened
I carry an AAA light in my jeans watch pocket,
sometimes an rcr2 in my normal pocket,
anything bigger only in coat pockets or backpack.

keith p

Newly Enlightened
Quark 123 no clip in my pocket. IllumimaTi on the keychain.

I expect a kydex belt holster for my microtech knife and quark AA tac to come in soon.

trgrhppy

Newly Enlightened
I carry my Zebralight SC51 clipped in my shirt pocket. Pants pockets seem to fill up with keys, knife, coins, etc. I've read here this light has an above average chance of being accidentally turned on while in a pocket. It seems less likely to happen in a shirt pocket. trgrhppy

purelite

Enlightened
wow you guys take your light EDC seriously!!! NICE rigs!!

I use a P7 clip to suspend my Fenix LD15 front left jeans pocket . I forget its there. Those clips rock!!

Cypher_Aod

Enlightened
I EDC my iTP Eos A2, which i clip to my keys-pocket, chest-pocket or my belt, wherever it's least likely to be knocked off accidentally.
If i'm going somewhere that's more than walking distance, or if i know I'll be out at night, or for extended periods of time, i'll bring my backpack which contains a 2x CR123A light of some sort (i like to vary it), two or more spare CR123A cells and two extra Lithium L91's for the A2.

i like to think that i'm reasonably prepared. My pack also has a small hank of Paracord, a pen-screwdriver (0 and 1 Philips, 1/8 and 5/32 flat) and an Ethernet Cable.

CSSA

Newly Enlightened
JetBeam PA01 in the inner pocket of a sport-coat's side pocket unless I know I wont be home until after dark in which case it's a toss up between a JetBeam RRT-0 or a Quark 123^2 clipped in a pants pocket. One of the things I like about carrying the RRT-0 is its stock clip is a deep carry clip. A Quark deep carry clip for the 123^2 is on back order.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
I carry my Klarus ST20 in my pants pocket. It's a little bit long and slightly heavy so i currently have a Quark single AA tactical on order.

cheers

You gonna love that quark AA tactical. Mine has the deepcarryclip and a blue button. My all-time favorite light. Run a 14500 in it too.
Ok my edc:I don't carry all these at once.btw
Quark AA tactical: deepcarryclipped right front pocket
Quark 123 tactical: holstered on belt.
Quark 123 titanium w/clip: holstered mostly or sometimes I use the clip(rarely)
Quark 1232 reg:holstered always
Quark AA2tactical:holstered always.
Nitecore ex10:clipped right front pocket
Nitecore d10: clipped right front pocket
Tiablo e3a: in watch pocket or deep in pocket with lanyard attached runs a 10440.
Maratac ss AAA: clipped in pocket or around neck without clip attached.
Streamlight keymate titanium: on keys always.
Surefire 6p:don't edc anymore until I bore it for 18650 and fina a holster I like.

Nick

Last edited:

Ian2381

Enlightened
Change of setup. Will be carrying a solarforce L2m R5 and Akoray k106 in backpack, a lumintop worm stainless steel and Fenix E01 in keychain and Zebralight sc50w in pocket. the akoray and E01 is my for lending lights...

Latest posts