How Do You Change RGB Settings In Anduril 2?

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just received a Noctigon D1K. Yesterday the red, green, and blue alternated, but this morning the blue does not work at the switch or behind the lens.

How specifically does one navigate completely through the process, please? I have seen the graphic and the cheat sheet but am not getting all the steps, including getting out of the settings change.

Thank you!

LRJ88

Enlightened
From off, try clicking 7 times and holding on the seventh click until the aux lights start changing, it might be that you're in battery check mode or it's reset to something else.

Click-click-click-click-click-click-click hold, after that it should go through the colours one by one, followed by a slow colour change, then a fast colour change, i think slow is it scrolling between the colours and the fast is showing battery status by using different aux combos.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey thanks LRJ88. I was hoping to get it to either have all three lights on solid, or not have the lights working at all?

How do I get out of that setting mode? (Just trying to avoid doing it wrong and spending a lot of time getting it right)

LRJ88

Enlightened
Hey thanks LRJ88. I was hoping to get it to either have all three lights on solid, or not have the lights working at all?

How do I get out of that setting mode? (Just trying to avoid doing it wrong and spending a lot of time getting it right)
Sorry for the late reply there, do you mean selecting one of the settings once you're decided on one of them? Just let go on the one you want. If you want to cycle them being dim, bright, or off you just click 7 times and it'll switch to the next mode.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday the red, green, and blue alternated, but this morning the blue does not work
Congrats on your new light. I dont own one, and dont know what the factory defaults are, but will try to help with general Anduril concepts.

1. Aux lights can be on low, on high, blinking, or off.. to move through those options, do 7C to advance one step at a time. I dont know which condition your light arrived in by default, but the choices are in a loop, just keep doing 7C until you get to the setting you want. I caution you Not to choose the high brightness, it has unhelpfully high power drain. I use Low, which is good for me to find the light in the dark, on my nightstand.

2. RGB lights have 10 different color options, to move through those options, do 7H and release the button on your chosen color (the last two are a bit confusing, you may need a little trial and error to tell them apart, as LRJ88 explained, one is disco mode, where the colors just cycle for no reason except to be colorful, the other is actually a Voltage color display, which may be what your light arrived in my default).
1.png

I set my Aux to Red, because it suits my nightstand application, where I dont want any Blue light. I do not use Voltage color display (nor random disco).

There is nothing you need to do, to exit those options, they simply remember the last selection, when you release the button.

Some lights arrive in Simple mode, which does not allow changing some options, for example

3. Post-Off Voltage Display is a special voltage color display for just 4 seconds after the main LED gets turned off. I do not know if it is enabled by default in your light. If after doing item 1 until reaching off, the Aux still come on briefly after each time you turn off the main LEDs, then it is active. It can only be turned off by first going to Advanced Mode (by doing 10H from Off).

I dont know if your light arrived with Post-Off Voltage Display enabled, but if it is, to disable it the process is:

do 3C from Off, this starts battery check blinks, while blinking
do 7H and release the button after the 2nd flash.
then do nothing (0C), just wait for the flickering process to finish, and the light resumes blinking out battery voltage.
Now do 1C to end battery voltage blinks.

done

here is the latest online manual, you may want to scan through it, just to expose your mind to all the possibilities. Dont try to memorize any of it.

and here is a cheat sheet with Red arrows at those 3 Aux features settings commands: (the chart might make the most sense after reading the manual first)
1031 blank.jpeg

let me know if that helped, and if you have other questions ;-)

Last edited:

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Jon Slider to the rescue, as always.

Utmost respect and gratitude for your considerate and helpful nature. And for sharing your encyclopedic knowledge.

Sincere thanks, Jon.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guessing it came in high disco. Troubling that the blue emitters stopped working but…

It is that bone white finish; way different hand-feel than anodizing. Got the 719A 5000K LED because we already have the wonderful D1 with a dedomed 519A 5700K .

At low light levels, the color temperature looks nice enough rendering red. Higher settings frankly lack red rendering but perhaps only obvious when compared directly with DD 519A 5700K.

Throw on the D1K whups up on the D1. 21700 battery size actually feels good; first one in that size for us.

Blue emitters illumination is absent.

From off (tailcap obviously tight) 7 clicks and not holding the last click gets the switch and under-lens light changes requested. THANK YOU!

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Troubling that the blue emitters stopped working
any chance that recharging the battery turns blue back on? (that would be Voltage display, instead of Disco, not sure, I dont have a Hank w an RGB button)

> Throw on the D1K whups up on the D1.

thanks for confirming that 719a throws more than DD 519a, at the expense of some color rendering..