How do you EDC?

Lighteous

Enlightened
Re: My EDC

I have a Fenix LD01 on my keyring. When not at the office I carry in my pocket a single 123 cell light of some sort--currently ThruNite Neutron 1C or a Sunwayman V10R Ti. I usually have a few in my briefcase until even I realize it's ridiculous and clean it out--then start all over again. However, I always keep my Fenix PD10 in my briefcase along with spare batteries. If the HDS Rotary ever arrives, I will carry that in my pocket in place of my other single 123 cell lights.

shomie911

Enlightened
Surefire Kroma-Milspec in a Comp-Tac holster at work. :devil:

Surefire A2-YG everywhere else with its pocket clip.

Pacificwing

Newly Enlightened
PD31 in the holster. I had a jetbeam IIIM in the toolbag, but someone stole it. That was a crappy day.

Funny thing is, they left some pretty expensive tools (including a nice electrical meter) and went right for the flashlight, which wasn't worth nearly as much. Wonder if that says something.

The PD31 holster is wearing down. Not sure where I'll get another. I've already had to sew the velcro back on twice. I don't use the pocket clip cause I'm always afraid that it will slip off my belt while I'm wiggling through a tight space.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Pacificwing said:
PD31 in the holster. I had a jetbeam IIIM in the toolbag, but someone stole it. That was a crappy day.

Funny thing is, they left some pretty expensive tools (including a nice electrical meter) and went right for the flashlight, which wasn't worth nearly as much. Wonder if that says something.

The PD31 holster is wearing down. Not sure where I'll get another. I've already had to sew the velcro back on twice. I don't use the pocket clip cause I'm always afraid that it will slip off my belt while I'm wiggling through a tight space.

There are some great options on eBay for less than $10 shipped but you have to dig them out. Also check out www.cheaperthandirt.com.

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
My summer EDC is modest these days: a Quark AA on my keychain, and a Streamlight Nano on a little lanyard leash attached to my cell phone (in the Japanese style). If I have a jacket or briefcase or a pack, there'll be a SF in it, either an E1BL or an E2DL, or both. And I have quite a number of Petzl e+lite headlamps, with one stored in all my packs, my briefcase, and in a pocket of all my heavier outerwear- that's more of a winter thing but also in rain parkas. Spare batteries for those and the SFs, always.

motherfletcher

Newly Enlightened
keychain: EZAA + one of those coin cell giveaway lights
pocket: Qmini AA or D10 or D10 tribute (clipped) or Q123 tactical
bag: TK11, T100C2, LD20, P20A2 MkII, Qaa2 (any combination, 1 or all)
at work, pocket: T100C2 or TK11

I've really fallen in love with the Qmini AA as EDC, but there's just something stopping me from wearing it around my neck....(in public)

EDIT: forgot to mention that all lights while in the bag are holstered. Don't want them all scratching each other up!

manitoe

Newly Enlightened
Keychain: Fenix LD01

Front right pocket: single cell light, usually a HDS 170 or Hi CRI, in a Bill's Urban Wallet:

IMG_0322.jpg

I love this little wallet, although I use it as a mini pocket organizer rather than a wallet. It holds a multitool, flashlight, fisher space pen and some change. What I like most about it is that it allows for a complete "concealed" EDC, so no pocket clips sticking out in plain view, and it keeps your items from scratching each other up while in your pocket.

robertrock

Newly Enlightened
Novatac 120P clipped in home made denim pocket-pocket
Fenix LD01 clipped to keychain
SF L1 clipped to bag
Streamlight pro in Monkey admin on bag
Inova 24/7 in bag on a grid-it

...damn, I carry 5 lights per day. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
manitoe said:
Keychain: Fenix LD01

Front right pocket: single cell light, usually a HDS 170 or Hi CRI, in a Bill's Urban Wallet:

I love this little wallet, although I use it as a mini pocket organizer rather than a wallet. It holds a multitool, flashlight, fisher space pen and some change. What I like most about it is that it allows for a complete "concealed" EDC, so no pocket clips sticking out in plain view, and it keeps your items from scratching each other up while in your pocket.

What is that and where did you get it.

ram1500

Newly Enlightened
I carry in a Belt pouch. I'm scared of scratching the lens if it's in my pocket.

burntoshine

Enlightened
it seems my EDC method is always slowly evolving. right now i loose pocket carry a NW 7777 CR2 MiNi, i also clip my steve ku (run #2) LF2XTi to one of my short's cargo pockets (it's actually more secure than it sounds), and finally i have a hippy-looking "battery-purse" which holds 2 lithium AAAs, 3 CR2s, and my NW SS Preon Revo wrapped in some nice fabric; this little hippy bag sits in the other short cargo pockets.

when i wear pants, the CR2 goes into the small coin pocket and i clip the 2XTi to my right regular pocket. i also EDC a bunch of other tiny stuff various ways, etcetera.

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
what I really like about the holster is that you can carry a spare battery. that is great..

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Victorinox mini pocket knife with built-in tiny white LED light - loose in pocket.
Budget Sipik SK58 zoomable light (modified with 2.8 amp driver, XM-L, reflector from a 2xAAA mag, and running on IMR 14500) - loose in pocket.

yliu

Enlightened
I usually carry a Led Lenser P3, loose or clipped in my pocket.

I don't find myself in situations where I need a brighter light.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Leatherman belt pack with my multi-tool
dsc02546j.jpg

dsc02547z.jpg

I EDC various small lights this way.
dscn2952o.jpg

Pack carry, my last camping trip
dscn6284j.jpg

dscn6285.jpg

The only light I pocket carry is an ITP-A3. This is a ~3+ year old light, and its held up remarkably well over the years.
dscn6286.jpg

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Click on thumbnails to see full size picture.

1. HDS T200 clipped bezel down in right front pocket.

2. Fenix LOD CE Q4 loose in right front pocket

3. ZL SC51 loose in right cargo pocket.

4. Milky E1B Transformer clipped bezel down in left front pocket.

5. ARC AAA loose in left front pocket.

6. JETBeam RRT-21 in shoulder pack.

7. ZL SC600 in shoulder pack.

8. Photon Freedom on keychain.
9. PICO light on keychain.

Last edited: