how many lights do you carry?

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
Just two
On the road M3(In the pocket back up to my main,also clips to the bill of my cap)
Convoy S3,Eagle eye M7,Thru-nite T30s(On my belt I rotate through these)

Last edited:

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
For EDC on my person (as opposed to in my backpack, truck, etc) typically three, with jeans or shorts:

- Prometheus Beta-QRv2 on my keychain, MPHing an EN Al body for less weight with a Cu head for 3 mode function. (Eneloop Pro AAA)
- Olight S1 loose in a pocket. (RCR123A)
- Olight M1X Striker clipped inside pocket. (18650)

Of those three, the M1X is the one I typically reach for first when I need some light, because it's the most easily deployed and the brightest.

With slacks, I drop the M1X and just carry the S1 and Beta-QR. Pocket-clipped 18650s don't go well with slacks.

I never carry just one. Murphy's Law, when applied to flashlights, translates into if you're only carrying one and you really need it, that's when it will fail on you.

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
One is always on my keychain. One in my pants pocket and one in my coat pocket or in my car cup holder if I don't need a coat.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost always have a minimum of three, depending on circumstances. I have a modular key ring that allows me have two flashlights and extra cells so when I leave my car I can take as much or as little lumens as I deem necessary. I almost always an 18650 light as my primary and at least one 16340 cell as primary backup. Then my "key ring" backups(10440 & 10250 or 10180)...

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
EDC; Prometheus Beta on my key ring, and HDS 250 Rotary in a Kydex holster on my belt.

Work; ad a Surefire P2X Fury holstered on my belt.

Pops

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
What holster do you use for your Fury?

I carry the Fury in an old 4/7's Maelstrom G5 holster. However, I carry the light with the flap folded back (it's actually sewn back), so it could be described as a hard-sided pouch then a proper holster. Here's a couple pitchers;

Pops

Last edited:

bwalker

Newly Enlightened
My current EDC is a PD35 in an XTAR holster. My EDC varies but I always carry in a holster whether it is a PD22UE or a TM26. Too many times I've pulled out a light from my pocket and found it had accidentally been activated and the batteries were dead.

camelight

Newly Enlightened
Most of the time 2 lights
One primary edc zbralight sc600 mk iii hi or blf a6. and if i am at a place i am afraid of losing the light i take a 14500 zoomie ultrafire
Also i have on my keychain aaa light jetbeam jet u. But it has few pronlems so i want to replace it (thinking on thrunite ti3)

Kd5jha

Newly Enlightened
For the last 20 years I've been using pelican cases as my luggage. Just a small rolling one. I keep my clothes sealed up in there, and most of my EDC is synthetic fibers anyway. My nicer clothing I could iron day of wear if needed so I don't hang it or use the drawers. If I ever suspected anything everything would go straight to the dry cleaners, or in the laundromat washer on sanitize. Never hurts to check your room thoroughly... But the less you bring and unpack you are doing yourself a favor. I spend at least 40-50 nights/year in hotels so I'm pretty at home on the road with my kit. ---------------------------
I never knew uv helped find bedbugs? You can see their feces and sometimes you can catch them by suddenly turning on the lights and moving things around in the bed. I saw them only once in a motel right when I got there so never even opened my bag. Had a heck of a time getting my deposit back but I did.I suppose it would be cool to have a cheap little uv light to throw in the suitcase.

Kd5jha

Newly Enlightened
In response to the OP...

generally (excepting my phone) 4

each of my 2 key chains has a maratac aaa rev 4 (recently upgraded for a pair of rev1 units to get the nichia 219 emitter) I typically don't have both on body 100% of my day, but both are in close proximity. I might leave my house keys in my car...to cut pocket bulk.

On body 100% of the time when in normal clothing. (2) single 18650 lights. One is a small reflector floody pattern light (Protac 2L-X or Sometimes if I don't need rechargables a Surefire 6px Pro , the other more of a larger reflector thrower type light (Protac HL-X).

For dress-up (full suit) this all changes, I still have lights on my keys, but generally I'm restricted back to my coast HX5 (which I do at least run on a 14550 primary to get 380l from it.) in order to keep things sleek and proper.

Jammer Six

Newly Enlightened
I only carry one, and then only when I expect to be out after dark, although I have an extra one in each vehicle.

concor

Newly Enlightened
Things have changed over the years since the popularity of smartphones as an all-in-one solution for almost everything but if I need more light it's usually a 4sevens Mini CR2 or a Maratac AAA that I'll carry.

ewhenn

Newly Enlightened
2 lights Daily:
Fenix E01 on my keys
Olight S1 (RCR123A) clipped into work bag

Others:
Keep in Car: XTAR WK42 w/4 CR123s
Camping Bag (we go 2-3 times a year): Convoy S2+ w/4 18650 cells, Fenix HL23 w/4 Eneloop

User name?

Newly Enlightened
I have no idea how you all carry more than one flashlight on you. I keep one in my car and one at work. The rest I keep at home.