Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now you just need one of the custom-made on CPF rechargeable battery packs from back in the day. And no, mine isn't for sale.
Lol. I've been eying fivemegas 2x26650 tube. But we'll see. I'd really like a 3x16650 holder so I could run an HO-M6R. But I have similar output mags so I'm not sure I'll be carrying the M6 much. More for fun and to finally have one. I can get Panasonic primaries for $1.50 each so it's not too expensive to feed

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Pics of that?
Sorry, it's buried deep in my storage locker, somewhere next to my M6.
Made by fellow CPFer DM51. Here's a link to a fairly recent thread about it. Scroll down to the last post for pics. Wish I had bought more than just one, when they were available....

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an M6 almost 20 years ago and didn't use it enough to keep it. Found another one recently...and I'm realizing I just don't use these things. They're still incredibly cool, and they carry a lot of weight for those of us who were on CPF when it was the brightest and most expensive flashlight you could buy.

Reminds me, anyone notice classic Surefire tailcaps are fading into obscurity? I've had good luck buying "Broken Surefire flashlight, switch doesn't click" listings on eBay.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an M6 almost 20 years ago and didn't use it enough to keep it. Found another one recently...and I'm realizing I just don't use these things. They're still incredibly cool, and they carry a lot of weight for those of us who were on CPF when it was the brightest and most expensive flashlight you could buy.

Reminds me, anyone notice classic Surefire tailcaps are fading into obscurity? I've had good luck buying "Broken Surefire flashlight, switch doesn't click" listings on eBay.
This one the seller claimed the tailcap doesn't work. But he says it doesn't move at all. So we'll see. May need to give surefire a call if it's stuck. But for the price I couldn't not buy it

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one the seller claimed the tailcap doesn't work. But he says it doesn't move at all. So we'll see. May need to give surefire a call if it's stuck. But for the price I couldn't not buy it
Should be fine. People think these are clickies and they screw them all the way down, then are surprised they don't move.

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the idea of a SF momentary/twisty switch failing is mostly crazy talk. They're just about as durable as it gets. Sole exception being the Z62 dual stage caps. One or more of the three initial "leaf" contacts can break off over time and I had to get one warrantied after 15+ years in my pocket.

That said, they do continue to work without signs of a problem if even one of the contacts is still hanging on

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
I'd really like a 3x16650 holder so I could run an HO-M6R.
This won't get you the same capacity or runtime as a 3X16650 or 3X17670, but I run six AW IMR16340 in the stock battery magazine. They're unprotected so they fit just fine. I rotate through HO-M6R, WA1185 and FM/CL1909 on it depending on my mood. I have a relatively flimsy TAD bi-pin MN adapter so I can't turn it on for too long lest I burn out the socket.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
This won't get you the same capacity or runtime as a 3X16650 or 3X17670, but I run six AW IMR16340 in the stock battery magazine. They're unprotected so they fit just fine. I rotate through HO-M6R, WA1185 and FM/CL1909 on it depending on my mood. I have a relatively flimsy TAD bi-pin MN adapter so I can't turn it on for too long lest I burn out the socket.
I've looked into that too. Aw arent around anymore. Do no protected fit? Generally I don't care for protected, but it makes sense for this light

Last edited:

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
I'm 95% sure that some other brand's 16340 unprotected would fit just fine, but you'd have to experiment to be sure. The protected cells I got (also AW) were too long, but I feel like some protected cell out there would be a fit if you look hard enough.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you push on an M6 tailcap boot, and it clicks on; you bought a fake!

Could have one of these!
McClicky M6.jpg