Incoming - What do you have coming in the mail??

StarShooter

Newly Enlightened
After using the Astrolux C8. I am curious how the Emisar D1S would fare against this thrower. Will be getting mine soon, can't wait till it arrives!

archimedes

Flashaholic
After using the Astrolux C8. I am curious how the Emisar D1S would fare against this thrower. Will be getting mine soon, can't wait till it arrives!
I have been quite impressed by the D1S, although I don't have any experience with the Astrolux you mention.

Please let us know your thoughts on the comparison, and welcome :)

sffar

Newly Enlightened
They've got very interesting color solutions, but nearly twice the price: bronze and sparkling iron. I have ordered the Zink model, next day reconsidered and wanted sparkling iron, but... the order has been shipped already :) Sometimes German swiftness and punctuality might be an issue :D

They do offer a lot of colors, and that could be nice around a porch or party. Just the one lantern, though, so perhaps we'll add idealism to swiftness and punctuality-we'll see. Should have mine tomorrow, and it's olive green.
It's amazing how quickly orders get processed these days-god forbid you hope to make a change or add a little something forgotten to the package.
Sam

Last edited:

sffar

Newly Enlightened
Good choice. You won't be disappointed. I've just ordered the MDC HA 1CR123, along with the stainless steel bezel and bezel tool.
Thanks Modernflame. Got the light and it's a nice, stout piece (being Malkoff) with a bit tighter throw than the Regular M61. That MDC HA with the tools you got incoming looks excellent as an EDC. Love getting the tools for more setups down the road! You got me eyeballing those smaller Malkoffs.
Sam

bykfixer

Flashaholic
StreamLight ProTac 2L-X LED light (along with a handful of different battery cases).

Since SureFire refuses to make a 500 Lumens E2E LED based on their E2D LED pumping out 500 lumens on high, this S.L. is the closest I can come to such an E2E light. Also, I can't stand the 5 lumens low setting on my E2D. Normally I hate complex U.I.s but I like the option of being able to program the S.L. to just give me high mode only.

Streamlight moved forward in 2017 with some dual fuel options at reasonable prices. They also opted to go with better runtimes instead of max brightness in their improvements.
The ProTac 2L-X was one of them.
At 500 lumens that's likely a pretty steady output and not some turbo'd for 22 seconds then falls to 45% stated output.

I own a few ProTac lights and will say this one is likely to be a good seller for them. I talk with police officers in my job and many like a light that size yet opt for junk because of SureFire/Elzetta pricing. When I mention Streamlight their ears purk up more times than not. Some just don't think anything over $15 is a normal price to pay so they use those as seen on tv numbers. (Yes in my community about 1/3 of local yokals have them.)

If I didn't already have a 750 lumen ProTac HL I'd certainly buy one of the 2L's. It looks nice n small like the E series and should certainly be plenty bright.

Only thing I'd prefer they change is offer a medium with about 50% full output and mega runtime. On my ProTac HL4 (and PK PR-1) the mediums are used most often as they satisfy a need for bright yet the runtime is dramatically increased when long sessions are involved.

Oh, and if you opt to lo/hi the light you'll find that 40 lumens is useful very often.

Please be sure to tell us your impressions.

BTT; I'm still on good behavior, but hanging out at CPF makes that less than easy...

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Streamlight moved forward in 2017 with some dual fuel options at reasonable prices. They also opted to go with better runtimes instead of max brightness in their improvements.
The ProTac 2L-X was one of them.
At 500 lumens that's likely a pretty steady output and not some turbo'd for 22 seconds then falls to 45% stated output.

I own a few ProTac lights and will say this one is likely to be a good seller for them. I talk with police officers in my job and many like a light that size yet opt for junk because of SureFire/Elzetta pricing. When I mention Streamlight their ears purk up more times than not. Some just don't think anything over $15 is a normal price to pay so they use those as seen on tv numbers. (Yes in my community about 1/3 of local yokals have them.)

If I didn't already have a 750 lumen ProTac HL I'd certainly buy one of the 2L's. It looks nice n small like the E series and should certainly be plenty bright.

Only thing I'd prefer they change is offer a medium with about 50% full output and mega runtime. On my ProTac HL4 (and PK PR-1) the mediums are used most often as they satisfy a need for bright yet the runtime is dramatically increased when long sessions are involved.

Oh, and if you opt to lo/hi the light you'll find that 40 lumens is useful very often.

Please be sure to tell us your impressions.

BTT; I'm still on good behavior, but hanging out at CPF makes that less than easy...

Hey, thanks for the information. Sadly it seems the norm that any job out there, guys just aren't willing to pay for quality gear out of their own pockets. Even if it would make their jobs easier or more stress-free. Trust me, I see that constantly. Will post a quick review of the S.L. after I get a chance to use it for awhile.

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Been on the hunt for the perfect aaa light. I have these coming in:

1. Thrunite Ti4T NW
2. Thrunite Ti3
3. Lumintop Copper Tool with a Nichia emitter.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my aspheric wowtac a3 modded with Olson black.. not a lot of lumen but good for general use. 759 lumen and 100 Kcd..

RogueClimber

Newly Enlightened
I have a raw Ti combo from OR in a priority box just waiting for me to chase it down. (I live in Toronto but ship to PA)

This is my first (relatively) expensive flashlight purchase, and the reason I ended up joining CPF

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
A LEGO from Solarforce:

New_host.jpg

ven

Flashaholic
Cheers mr fixer!
RvIYuZIl.jpg

Awesome deliver today from milepost 28:rock: thank you very much, awesome!
QnlPDTal.jpg

never would have thought how much you can fit in a mug:faint:

What could this make
ACF8T8al.jpg

Tail cap, clip, E2 :faint:
D5IOK86l.jpg

My little E family has grown, and incand bulb as well.................love the beam.
rNIYXkgl.jpg

:bow::thanks:very much

ven

Flashaholic
Ooo! :eek:oo: Nice package. I smile every time I see the coffee cup. :)

~ CG

Me too CG :) Callum is already wanting to use it :laughing: Rach laughed out loud " a torch on a mug................i have seen it all now" . Awesome, just hope mr fixer does the matching dinner set:poke::D
ytADxWnl.jpg

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire z2 combat. P60vn ( Dual 219c / dual xpl hi 6500 ). P60vn quad xpl hi 6500k. I told skylumen to drive the p60vn harder.. will find out tomorrow..

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome NL, a man after my own heart. Z2 is a fav, awesome surefire host/light. That p60vn will be a beast:D

StarShooter

Newly Enlightened
Not 3 days of receiving my Astrolux C8 fom the mail, my Jetbeam Jet 2 Pro arrived.
I must say I am so happy with the little flashlight that I ordered another one just yesterday and got an email that it's already shipped. This is getting to be an addiction. Got 9 lights in just a little over a month! :eek:

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got it today.
surefire z2. 2 x 219c and 2 x xpl hi
xsearcher vn. Fixed focus. Olson black
surefire 6p. Quad xpl hi 6500k

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Venom Orion Triple SN #1
Sunwayman V11R TI with 219b r9080
Holt Prestige Specter (knife)

Last edited: