iPhone X is here;)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Guys

The X is a limited production item.
Plus Apple cuts back on production this time every year.

I have no skin in the game aside from my job saying we're getting some later this year. But it seems like at about this time every year tech bloggers announce the demise of Apple soon.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The X is the exotic limited-production supercar made by the everyday car company, it gets you into the showroom so you can buy the lesser model, and it gets everyone talking about that company and their products; most of the people complaining in this thread probably wouldn't have said anything before, but the X got them talking - it worked.

markr6

Flashaholic
Guys

The X is a limited production item.
Plus Apple cuts back on production this time every year.

I have no skin in the game aside from my job saying we're getting some later this year. But it seems like at about this time every year tech bloggers announce the demise of Apple soon.

I think the point was that it was cut from original plans, based on sales figures.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The X is the exotic limited-production supercar made by the everyday car company, it gets you into the showroom so you can buy the lesser model, and it gets everyone talking about that company and their products; most of the people complaining in this thread probably wouldn't have said anything before, but the X got them talking - it worked.

I buy that car 3-5 years later for 40% off. :cool:

ven

Flashaholic
Coming from the 7plus(excellent phone) I was kind of a little dubious at first. But I am really enjoying the X ,pretty neat and the face rec works better than expected. Can always add a home button easy enough if prefer to keep some things we have got use to ,over the last decade!

Its been a bad month, Madison dropped her new iPhone in the pond, then her second a week later got left on holiday. 1st place we stopped it went missing, 3hrs total travel and searching with (won't)find my phone, 2 phones within a week gone!.

What at I don't like is no full stop on keyboard as I type,need to click the 123 for it. Then screen is narrower than the 7 plus, of course longer. Like the full screen though and 4K 60fps option. I don't like the way you get rid of open apps, swipe up and hold, then press hold on one to bring up a red X to then close. Swiping up was far easier, apparently to be addressed in next update . I do like the smaller size though, tad bigger than 6/7 yet smaller than the plus with larger screen(in length anyway).

As as with great success, an otter box prada case is looking after it. It lasted 2yrs on my plus, and very good protection.(touch wood).

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You must present your fingerprint to unlock a Touch ID phone when instructed by a warrant, however the passcode is covered by the Fifth Amendment and you cannot be made to produce it by any means. Truly the vault that cannot be opened :)

Update: A federal judge in California has ruled that law enforcement can't compel a suspect to unlock their phone with a fingerprint or face recognition. This would mean any means to access your phone is covered by the Fifth Amendment, but it will of course remain only a precedent/a gray area until federal courts rule on it.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
got my xr few weeks ago, like everything except 2 things, face id, and size. i can't find a pouch that fits it inside life proof case, and i really miss finger id, face id does not always recognizes me when in a hat. however it has no problem doing so when i wear sunglasses

Dynapoints

Newly Enlightened
I have had mine for a little over a year since they first came out. I hate face ID. The touch ID was so much faster and more sure. It never failed and never had a delay.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my iPhone X on a Black Friday sale. I went with the 256GB version because I intend to use it for the rest of college. There's really no need to upgrade every couple years now. Coming from the iPhone 6s 32GB, the difference really feels like night and day. My 6s would run out of battery frequently, and I'd be stuck charging it a couple times a day. I even purchased a Mophie battery case to offset the issue. It'd also crash randomly at the worst possible times such as when I'd need to look up directions while driving.

The battery on the iPhone X easily lasts me a whole day. The camera is much better, and everything feels more streamlined overall. I miss Touch ID somewhat, but it didn't always work when my hands were sweaty, and I'd have to manually plug in my password. Disadvantage of Face ID is if you're wearing a hoodie or something that obscures your face, and it won't recognize ya. There's definitely trade-offs, but the larger screen size as a result of Face ID is also a big plus for me. I do wish the overall size of the phone was a bit smaller though.

I also like that the iPhone X is water-resistant. I had a Lifeproof or something on my iPhone 6s for the longest time for fear of it getting wet. Now I run with a Mous Limitless case in Aramid Carbon Fiber. Awesome drop protection, slim, and looks great to boot. Overall, very pleased with my decision to upgrade!

hsn74P7.jpg
[/IMG]

L60oKpo.jpg
[/IMG]

eryqFpU.jpg
[/IMG]

I think this is when I had a plastic screen protector. I liked it, but it also got oily way too quick, and didn't feel quite like real glass. I've since replaced it with a second glass screen protector. I already shattered my first one when the edge smacked against a metal bed frame :(

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Drop protection should mean avoiding the drop altogether (my XS Max + Ringke transparent smoke silicone case + Birch lanyard; I would have completely destroyed my previous phone at least twice if not for a similar setup, but because it was unscathed, it knocked a third of the price off this phone)
46886773611_a323b33e47_o.jpg

Last edited: