Is PK now working for Jetbeam?

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should it be labeled as a Tactical flashlight since it was painted black?

Even more significantly, it appears to have a tailcap switch as well, so it definitely qualifies in the marketplace. IMO, however, no light becomes 'tactical' until it's in the hands of the right user. A race car isn't truly a race car until it's on a track either I guess.

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like the M6 had a baby... Jetbeam M30

View attachment 48215
So I ended up ordering the M30 and I'm actually liking it!
Compared to my actual mini M6 you can see the similarities. Coincidentally all of my Lumens factory AND Surefire M series heads fits on the Jetbeam!

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    481.1 KB · Views: 57

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, Jetbeam is a huge SureFire fan-boy. I look at my Jetbeam M64, and it's just a superior version of a certain SF model. At a much lower price.

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Coincidentally all of my Lumens factory AND Surefire M series heads fits on the Jetbeam!
I've had my M30 for about a month. Actually my buy decision was motivated by my overwhelming nostalgia for my long lost Surefire M6. Nostalgia for that long ago era that cast my mold as a performance flashlight enthusiast. The CPF heyday of mod collaboration of the M6 to run all manner of lithium rechargeable cells and soft start regulators.... all that great hotwire jazz!

I bought the M30 almost as if it didn't even need to work just to be able to hold the past in my hands. Turns out the SFT-70 while a bit green creates a wonderful beam profile for outdoor use. Impressive throwy hotspot and generous spill light. Fantastic balanced fit in hand. Pure SF derived aesthetics, well machined. No nonsense UI with a forward clicky that's a ringer for the M6.
All in all the M30 is a lot of fun to use in the real world.

The only real caveat is actually a similarity to the M6 as well. The battery design sucks out loud. Inhabiting its huge 38mm interior handle space is a plastic battery magazine holding a feeble pair of parallel 18350 cells for only 2200 mAh total.

If only Jetbeam would have made the handle just over an inch longer (30mm) it could have fit parallel 18650s (for an awesome 7Ah) or a 26650 or 32650. Instead they provide you with a spacer for a 26500 cell. Let me tell you: I felt like Indiana Jones hunting the world over for this ridiculously hard to find cell size. Lo and behold the only source (of all places under my nose) was Amazon: there is a high end camera 3d gimbal stabilization unit that private labels 26500 cells as OEM replacements. Good specs: 3600mAh and a 10A CDR rating. Sold only in pairs for (big gulp) $38. Yikes.

I really loved the light so I spent a third the cost of the M30 to upgrade the battery situation. The improvement is doubling in runtime which was very much worth it to me. And I recommend to you, Roger if you are so inclined. Amazon search for EVO Gimbals 26500 IMR cells.

Roger, your statement about SF head compatability has me just stunned! A big part of my early 2000s SF obsession was derived from the LEGO ability of different models. Long gone are my M series heads, SRTH with 5W Luxeon module, the Pineapple. My prize possession was a one-off McGizmo M6 head with triple TWOJ LEDs in McR 20 reflectors. That thing was absolutely the cat's meow! (sigh)

I went all in on the M30 to avoid spending a small fortune on a heavily modded M6, perhaps with the excellent Fivemega extension bodies and cell carriers. I simply couldnt find any for sale. Then out of the blue appears the Jetbeam M30. That being said, a shout out to anyone who has an M6 like that that might consider parting with it, please PM me.

For the moment sanity prevails and I am very content with Jetbeam's iteration of the all conquering M6 Guardian. It's a really nice light overall, fun to use and I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I do have an M6 but mine is stock.
I remember telling my best friend I was going to get it.
"You pay $450 for a flashlight, and I'll punch you in the nose!"
Yeah, I think he was only half joking.
Still have the best friend, and the M6.
(Unfortunately I haven't used it in nearly 20 years.)
Might give that M30 a closer look.

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Don't see anything on user interface. 3000 lumens. May have to test this one out...

View attachment 48216
I got one and I really like it... very bright with no bluish tint, plus it's a looker.
I love the M30 looks, I need another thrower like a hole in the head but might not be able to resist...

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
With every dollar we spend on PRC-goods, we cut our own throats. I shudder to think how much fentanyl we have paid for with our purchases, and how many Americans we have unemployed. We are reaping our indifference. I generally blame the politicians, and the globalists, but to really be honest, we have no one to blame but ourselves. We sold out America, too. I hope we can turn it around in time to save ourselves. I don't want Americans massacred or enslaved, but that looks to be the future for us if we don't turn things around soon.
Totally agree.

Falcon9h

Newly Enlightened
Some subjects* are better discussed in the Underground for the sole reason of keeping CPF Proper a friendly place to discuss all manner of uncontentious subjects.

E.g.* -
Religion
Politics
Sex
Profanity

I recall Greta stating she wanted CPF to be a place where schoolteachers would feel at ease directing students to visit for information concerning all things illuminating.
Yeah, and breathe wrong and you got censored immediately. Good riddance. I stayed away for years because of that. The new CPF is most refreshing.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
When you can't get into the CPF cesspool.... Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Personally haven't visited there in more years than I can remember.

Alaskantinbender

Newly Enlightened
I've had my M30 for about a month. Actually my buy decision was motivated by my overwhelming nostalgia for my long lost Surefire M6. Nostalgia for that long ago era that cast my mold as a performance flashlight enthusiast. The CPF heyday of mod collaboration of the M6 to run all manner of lithium rechargeable cells and soft start regulators.... all that great hotwire jazz!

I bought the M30 almost as if it didn't even need to work just to be able to hold the past in my hands. Turns out the SFT-70 while a bit green creates a wonderful beam profile for outdoor use. Impressive throwy hotspot and generous spill light. Fantastic balanced fit in hand. Pure SF derived aesthetics, well machined. No nonsense UI with a forward clicky that's a ringer for the M6.
All in all the M30 is a lot of fun to use in the real world.

The only real caveat is actually a similarity to the M6 as well. The battery design sucks out loud. Inhabiting its huge 38mm interior handle space is a plastic battery magazine holding a feeble pair of parallel 18350 cells for only 2200 mAh total.

If only Jetbeam would have made the handle just over an inch longer (30mm) it could have fit parallel 18650s (for an awesome 7Ah) or a 26650 or 32650. Instead they provide you with a spacer for a 26500 cell. Let me tell you: I felt like Indiana Jones hunting the world over for this ridiculously hard to find cell size. Lo and behold the only source (of all places under my nose) was Amazon: there is a high end camera 3d gimbal stabilization unit that private labels 26500 cells as OEM replacements. Good specs: 3600mAh and a 10A CDR rating. Sold only in pairs for (big gulp) $38. Yikes.

I really loved the light so I spent a third the cost of the M30 to upgrade the battery situation. The improvement is doubling in runtime which was very much worth it to me. And I recommend to you, Roger if you are so inclined. Amazon search for EVO Gimbals 26500 IMR cells.

Roger, your statement about SF head compatability has me just stunned! A big part of my early 2000s SF obsession was derived from the LEGO ability of different models. Long gone are my M series heads, SRTH with 5W Luxeon module, the Pineapple. My prize possession was a one-off McGizmo M6 head with triple TWOJ LEDs in McR 20 reflectors. That thing was absolutely the cat's meow! (sigh)

I went all in on the M30 to avoid spending a small fortune on a heavily modded M6, perhaps with the excellent Fivemega extension bodies and cell carriers. I simply couldnt find any for sale. Then out of the blue appears the Jetbeam M30. That being said, a shout out to anyone who has an M6 like that that might consider parting with it, please PM me.

For the moment sanity prevails and I am very content with Jetbeam's iteration of the all conquering M6 Guardian. It's a really nice light overall, fun to use and I can wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.
Great info, thank you.
Both M30 and batteries are heading my way.
The craziness continues. :cool:

Ocelot808

Enlightened
Great info, thank you.
Both M30 and batteries are heading my way.
The craziness continues. :cool:
You are most welcome. Like I said I made the buy decision with no real expectations except for the SF M6 nostalgia factor. The SFT70 and throw specs looked good. Once I got it I was really impressed with how much fun it was to use. The fit in hand is the best part of the light. Compact and solid with a large enough reflector to bring out the best of the SFT70. I'm hoping you're really going to enjoy yours. Cheers!

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I ended up ordering the M30 and I'm actually liking it!
Compared to my actual mini M6 you can see the similarities. Coincidentally all of my Lumens factory AND Surefire M series heads fits on the Jetbeam!
Jetbeam used the design of the KT2 Turbohead for the head and parts from body and tail from the M6 like you said.1233043994_471594.jpg