• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

It about Time!

minkling

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like it is going but taking longer than expected, such is the way of a new product!:) When you get ready to beta test I would be interested.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the update, MJ

After looking at your runtime chart of the AAA Ocean, it looks like a good compromise between flat regulation and voltage boost. A very nice curve for an alkaline. Now for the fun part! Put a lithium AAA battery inside and I am betting it will stay very stable and bright for ??? 2 hours ??? Then throw one of those 900mAH or 1000mAH NiMH AAA cells in for say... 90 minutes of more stable and brighter output than an alkaline?
My SWAG (scientific wild *** guess) is the way it's regulator is setup... it will appeal to the chart reading, speculating, whiney CPF'er (a.k.a. me) in that if you want a flat output and longer runtimes... go lithium. If you want a cheaper option with flat output... go NiMH and a good compromise is an alkaline (for the rest of the world)
Although an alkaline is not how I will feed my Ocean, when I specify them for severe use... alkalines will most likely be used. If I give them as gifts, alkalines will be used so the alkie run curve is important not for me, but for those that will be using it. People roll their eyes when they ask me how much Energizer lithium AAA batteries cost so an alkaline curve is important.
My birthday is Valentine's Day (no kidding), nothing says love like a luxeon AAA Ocean. Paypal is ready to roll.

mbely2

Enlightened
DallasA said:
I happy to say the prcing will be cheeper then the Kino Bay due to the fact of the new curcuit design.

The regulation drop down that I am getting right now is like this. http://www.peakledsolutions.net/images/1wAAABT.bmp

Once it reaches 50% it starts to drop faster into lower CP then will steady out like all of are units and continue to run for several more hours.
MJ

Sounds good!
But what about Kino Bay: Is the new simular curcuit design for this light is also in the making ?
Will we see improved Kino Bay AA light with better current regulation anytime soon?
Sure it will be nice! :)

And another question abot kino Bay for MJ:
Is current Kino Bay head interchangable with Kilimanjaro 1 and 7 Led lights?

Thanks!

Mark

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good to hear about the characteristic long tail at the end of the batteries life, it won't just die at 90 minutes and notifies you when to change batteries. The race is going on between the Peak Ocean being released and the batteries that I will feed it being released.

Sanyo Eneloop AAA rechargable NiMH batteries seem to be the perfect combination for the Ocean. The Eneloop has a very sloooow discharge rate (10% in six months and 15% after a year) it will supply stronger current with less voltage sag than an alkaline providing flatter regulation. Considering the price of Eneloop NiMH AAA cells is about the same as retail prices for lithium AAA cells, flashaholics can have guilt-free lumens.

MJ, any news on alkaline VS NiMH VS lithium AAA battery runtime charts? When I get my Ocean AAA, I'll test it to see how much current is pulled from those three chemistries and post my results. This upcoming week should see more information leak out about the Ocean AAA... hopefully it will be available in a few weeks. Paypal is locked and loaded.

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
mbely2 said:
Sounds good!
But what about Kino Bay: Is the new simular curcuit design for this light is also in the making ?
Will we see improved Kino Bay AA light with better current regulation anytime soon?
Sure it will be nice! :)

And another question abot kino Bay for MJ:
Is current Kino Bay head interchangable with Kilimanjaro 1 and 7 Led lights?

Thanks!

Mark

A new circuit for the kino bay would make it a real competitor to the fenix L1P!(big hint, MJ)

kip

Newly Enlightened
MJ- any new info? We need some more Ocean dirt to feed our craving!