It's here the Zebralight SC5C MK II H CRI

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
H53c looks like for me. So quick click can now be set to low in g5 and g6, yes? That would be opposite of the factory setting for those who sometimes do not get the press and hold right and get blinded with high instead. And long press can now be set to high in g5 and g6, yes?

Robe

Enlightened
Friend of ours just turned 21. He'd asked me about flashlight recommendations because his job requires him to be out in rural areas, and he knows I like lights.

He wanted something small with AA batteries. I told him I'd make a list of my recommendations but I just went ahead and grabbed these. ;)

Lemurian

Newly Enlightened
I pre-ordered one. The site now lists it as backordered. They have runtimes now. This is my first zebralight, so I have a few questions:
1)Any word on delivery? I can't wait to test it out, the sooner the better.
2)Also, what are the zebralight runtime curves usually like?
3)I have some white eneloops. Is it worth going with the pros?
I look forward to adding it to my small collection (Surefire e2d, prometheus beta qrv2 brass, x-light micro). Thanks to los aficionados!

Koam

Newly Enlightened
ZL response to my inquiry about when the light will ship...

We started shipping on the 30th for some international orders. We'll start shipping for U.S. orders once we receive our shipment from China (in about 10 days). We may not be able to fill all pre-orders with the first batch though.

TCY

Enlightened
I pre-ordered one. The site now lists it as backordered. They have runtimes now. This is my first zebralight, so I have a few questions:
1)Any word on delivery? I can't wait to test it out, the sooner the better.
I look forward to adding it to my small collection (Surefire e2d, prometheus beta qrv2 brass, x-light micro). Thanks to los aficionados!

1. Depends on where you live. on ZL's website, click the little "free shipping" icon and it will bring up a table showing typical delivery times to major countries.

2. All ZL lights are fully regulated iirc, which means all brightness levels except those with PID should be putting out the specified lumens for the specified amount of time without stepping down e.g. the H2b level of SC5c Mk II puts out 236 lumens for 1.5 hours as per specified on ZL product page.

Notice that ZL states "Remaining battery power, about 10-20%, after step-down are not counted towards the runtimes" which means in this case the SC5c can still work on lower modes until the battery is fully depleted.

3. Your non-pro Eneloops have 2,000 mAh capacity whereas the pro version has 2,550. ZL tests their runtimes with the pro version so if you are using the non-pros, runtimes are going to be a tad bit shorter for you. Personally I would stick with what I have but if you'd like to enjoy the glorious runtimes specified by ZL, go for it :thumbsup:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
ZL response to my inquiry about when the light will ship...

We started shipping on the 30th for some international orders. We'll start shipping for U.S. orders once we receive our shipment from China (in about 10 days). We may not be able to fill all pre-orders with the first batch though.

Sounds about right. Usually they have more preorders than they can fill in the first batch with new releases IME. I preordered not long after it was listed so I should get one from the first batch! I'm surprised we don't have any international members who have received shipping notifications or posted about it?

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds about right. Usually they have more preorders than they can fill in the first batch with new releases IME. I preordered not long after it was listed so I should get one from the first batch! I'm surprised we don't have any international members who have received shipping notifications or posted about it?

We have no pre-order option. For example, NKON has it listed, but with the "out of stock" status. The only option -- to be notified via e-mail when restocked.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

2) Maukka has H1 and H2 curves here on the old version. Main thing to note is a timed step down on H1 mode:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Zebralight-SC5Fc-measurements-(AA-warm-tint)

3) It depends on how important runtime is to you. You have the regular Eneloops now though, so unless you definitely need to maximize runtime, try those and see how they do.

Antal gábor

Newly Enlightened
Hi! I live in central Europe (Hungary). I received notification of shipment April 2014. 28. Tracking does not show any movement ... Great excitement !!!

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi! I live in central Europe (Hungary). I received notification of shipment April 2014. 28. Tracking does not show any movement ... Great excitement !!!

Thanks for sharing, please update us once you receive the light with your initial impressions! And welcome :)

Antal gábor

Newly Enlightened
Yeahhh ... 17track shows that the package is in Beijing! :) About two weeks and I send my first impression post !!! :rossz:

TCY

Enlightened
BTW a guy in a Chinese forum has already received the light. No beamshots though or I would relink it here.

TCY

Enlightened
162638pfazbfsaj2a88g6u4xo0.jpg

162640w5o5vh5olo1qu66mtam3.jpg

162642i35gt5j5e6zotgm1jaxh.jpg

162644yss252r5bz2f21zzul1c.jpg

Last edited: