It's here the Zebralight SC5C MK II H CRI

markr6

Flashaholic
Can't wait! But I'm already wishing this was an 18650 light...they better make some SC63c/d models!!!

revelous

Newly Enlightened
Tracking updated on mine for a delivery this Saturday! Whoever gets theirs first better post beam shots and give a detailed review lol! The wait is agonizing.

When did you purchase? No updates yet on my preorder from April 23.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered on April 11. No tracking for me.

Usually their preorders ship in "batches" and the first shipment typically is only enough to fill those who preordered the day of, or right after, the release date. Then additional batches seem to arrive every 1-3 weeks depending on demand to fill additional preorders.

markr6

Flashaholic
Please post some unboxing photos for those without the preorder:naughty:

Will do! I was hoping for Friday, but it will be Saturday for sure. Unfortunately my mail comes 3:00PM or later being on the edge of town...so I'll be waiting!

Robe

Enlightened
Usually their preorders ship in "batches" and the first shipment typically is only enough to fill those who preordered the day of, or right after, the release date. Then additional batches seem to arrive every 1-3 weeks depending on demand to fill additional preorders.

No complaints here. Just putting my date out to get an idea of timelines. ;)

Anders

Enlightened
Order Date: 5/3/2017
Shipped Date: 5/5/2017

And this is the last shipping detail from them:
2017-05-08 19:35 Shanghai Exchange Bureau, have been exported directly

But this was shipped via postal airmail.

Nothing here yet...
Guess the Customs is delaying the parcel..

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
No complaints here. Just putting my date out to get an idea of timelines. ;)

Hopefully you'll see a tracking notice in the next week or so :) The waiting is the hardest part... especially if the light is getting rave reviews haha.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gotta tell ya, this is GOOD TINT!:D
those are great photos :)
I took out the labels so people can just look at the colors for a minute

personal preference quiz:

which one do you like best, left, middle or right?;-)

33936264203_8a3b3c1681_h.jpg

mellowman

Newly Enlightened
middle cuz the whites look white not yellowish white.

hi cri doesn't compensate for color temp.

too bad ZL chose 4000K XP-L2 hi cri instead of the 4500K XP-L2 hi cri but maybe even though listed in cree datasheet is not actually available.

Robe

Enlightened
I like left. I like warmer tints and that left shot is warm, pleasing, and beautiful.

Middle is seemingly perfect, but I like the more rosy look. Right looks warm but green. Given the choice I don't care for the right.

Last edited:

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Center one's got a red cast.
The wood grain and wood color show up richer on the right than the left, and also more natural on the right than the center.
The green on the right looks almost neon though
The blue on the right looks deeper than the other 2, and with a hint of purple, making the battery holder look less translucent.
The white on the Eneloop in the center one really pops and is in sharp contrast from the blue Eneloop logo, which the other two lack.
The black on the cap is richer on both left and center, but washed out on the right.

Man. Tough choice. None of the above!

markr6

Flashaholic
Updated - OUT FOR DELIVERY :twothumbs

p.s. The photos above - center is perfect. Left is pretty good. Right is yellowish green and I don't like it. But I'm afraid that's what I'm getting with this new light. We'll see later today

Last edited:

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Updated - OUT FOR DELIVERY :twothumbs

p.s. The photos above - center is perfect. Left is pretty good. Right is yellowish green and I don't like it. But I'm afraid that's what I'm getting with this new light. We'll see later today

Mine is out for delivery as well! I won't get my hands on it until around 6pm when I get off work... Mark if you're the first to get one make sure to post beamshots and impressions :)

markr6

Flashaholic
I don't want to get my hopes up, so I'll start off by comparing it to my SC5w, SC63w, etc. If I like what I see, I'll go up against the Nichias.

Robe

Enlightened
I like left. I like warmer tints and that left shot is warm, pleasing, and beautiful.

Middle is seemingly perfect, but I like the more rosy look. Right looks warm but green. Given the choice I don't care for the right.

I changed my mind. I like the middle better after some rereading and looking. Left is still nice, but I like the center now.

A major difference might be that night shift mode was on my phone when I looked last, lol.

markr6

Flashaholic
I changed my mind. I like the middle better after some rereading and looking. Left is still nice, but I like the center now.

A major difference might be that night shift mode was on my phone when I looked last, lol.

Yeah the Eneloop is actually white in the center photo. My eyes immediately go to that.