Kaidomain or DealExtreme?

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
PBS,

Can you compare your Rexlight 2.1 (do you have 2.0 or 2.1) with L1D in terms of quality? Can you say that L1D stands well above Rexlight?

- Vikas

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Originally Posted by Vikas Sontakke ~

If I were you, I will ignore the feedback from people who have never ordered from DX or KD.

Good Advice.... But it assumes that some CPFers have a hidden agenda, or are just plain lying about their experiences with either site. If you have actual proof that some CPFers are lying, please post it. But one thing that the OP should do before ordering from any site, for the first time, is to check out the Cheers & Jeers section of the CPF Marketplace. Especially the Jeers section where CPFers tend to go into greater detail regarding what they ordered and when.

If you are in the market to purchase a cheap car such as a Kia, you are better off ignoring the folks who tell you how great is their Rolls Royce.

Sound advice. But there are far more than just two Kia Dealerships in the world. It depends on the item that you want. Lighthound.com for example has some very inexpensive items for sale from China. The nice thing is, the Hound has a bullet-proof reputation that you can take comfort in, when ordering.

I can name at least two contributors here who I can guess have never ordered from KD or DX.

Don't guess. If you have proof that a CPFer is lying about a negative experience with either site, please post that instead. No need to ruin an interesting discussion with such baiting.

Getting back to the topic, I have ordered tens of items from both DX and KD and they have all eventually showed up.... The only way is to order a single item and then just forget about it for a month. When it comes, think of it as a "surprise!!"

I think "eventually" is a fair way of describing it. Thanks for agreeing with me that it's best to order only one item at a time. Still, it would be nice not to have to engage in such a practice in order to make sure that your order is filled correctly. I don't like surprises. I like knowing that I can order more than one item from an online store at one time, having the correct items placed into the package, having the package mailed in a timely manner, and if there is a problem with my order; getting it fixed with one phone call or e-mail. Getting a "surprise" on my doorstep is not the proper way to do business.

.... anybody who orders Fenix etc type of lights from DX or KD needs to have their heads examined!

I agree with you completely. If you want a Fenix light, order from The Fenix-Store or from Lighthound. Those sites know how to run their businesses with professionalism. No need to wait around for a "surprise" to eventually land on your doorstep.

One of the biggest problem with KD or DX is the addiction!

I have to disagree. The main problem is that neither site is run in a professional manner. Something that has been pointed out by numerous CPFers in various Jeers threads. And, ironically, something that you pointed out in your own post.... But like I said, I don't like "surprises." I'm sure some CPFers do.

(BTW, feel free to laugh at my horrible inability to Copy & Paste properly). :)

Last edited:

glenda17

Enlightened
Just a few years ago they idea of ordering straight from China was unheard of. Now we're complaining because it takes a few weeks?

If it weren't for DX or KD we would be paying $45 for gems like the Romisen RC-C3. I'll gladly put up with their idiocyncracies to save 80%.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
PBS,

Can you compare your Rexlight 2.1 (do you have 2.0 or 2.1) with L1D in terms of quality? Can you say that L1D stands well above Rexlight?

- Vikas

I have REX 2.0 and compared to L1D Q5 it more blueish, dimmer and perhaps a smidgen easier to use.

L1D can either come on dim or BRIGHT with a click. If you start it dim it's pretty easy to go to medium or high or twist the head tight and go right to turbo. I generally carry it with the head tight and use a different light often...

But I definately chose L1D Q5 over REX 2.0 for belt holster EDC!

bhds

Enlightened
Does Dealextreme send a confirmation email?
I put in a order sunday afternoon and have yet to receive any confirmation.
Yeah yeah, I know. Lets keep the I told ya so's to a minimum:mecry:

LedSanders

Newly Enlightened
I have had the same luck with both Kaidomain & DealExtreme, but Kaidomain's shipment of a single Star mounted LED was almost a week less than dealextreme but keep in mind they both took longer than a month from order date to ship to Southern Utah

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
You pay your money, you take your chances.....

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
Man

I think im giving up on Kaidomain. I ordered some lens still not ship where as it state in stock. Other items i ordered like 2 weeks ago it got shiping status today. I rarely get problem with DX and 80% of times i get within 2 weeks.

e.g. AceKard 2 order placed on 3/27/2008 6:28:41 AM

Shipment Date 3/28/2008 8:14:19 PM RA859907154HK

Now that is service :):twothumbs

Think ill stick to DX

wildstar87

Enlightened
My experience so far ordering 2-3 orders each from them over the span of the last 2 months, is that DX is definitely better than KD on shipping, order confirmation, actually sending you a mail verifying what you ordered. KD you get a paypal notice, and that's it, no listing of what you ordered, no shipping notification, nothing.

They both use the HK post office, so I still don't understand why KD takes almost twice as long to get here when they supposedly shipped around the same time frame.

I haven't had to contact DX yet for any problems, so can't comment on the contact portion, but KD I had some problems with stuff that was missing in an order, I eventually got it, but they didn't respond until I was fed up and put in a paypal dispute. I tried all the different listed e-mails, including trying to contact Jerry, no dice.

I still order from KD, but only when they have an item that DX doesn't carry, and I EXPECT it to take twice as long.

DX has actually been pretty consistent so far (knock on wood) for me at around 2 weeks from my order. They definitely don't hurry on the shipping out, but once it's shipped, seems to take about a week.

They even surprised me, when they said they were out of stock on an MTE Q5 AA light, but would be getting back in stock in a few weeks. I decided to backorder it, and color me surprised, it actually shipped a week later, pretty much like a normal order.

They seem to maintain their website a bit better as well. KD put some quick generic descriptions up about Solarforce stuff they are carrying WEEKS ago, and they still haven't corrected the information to be more specific.

But I would also agree with other posters here. If you can get it from another online/local place that is reliable, definitely go that route. However some of the things they carry, you can't really even get anywhere else, or the comparable item would be MUCH more expensive. I think they still need to pay more attention to detail, but then again I don't know how much profit they are really making, since shipping is free on basically any item.

What I have heard is basically, you order something, and wait, you will eventually get it. But I have to admit, I have dealt with some US companies that are even worse customer service wise.

Ciener .22 conversions comes to mind. You are supposed to send him a check (doesn't take CC), he never verifies your order, he doesn't have e-mail, and phone # is very hard to find, and basically does you no good since he won't answer his phone, and won't return your phone call, also won't answer correspondence, fax, or any other type of contact. Numerous BBB complaints about non-response. I made the mistake of not finding out about this before I ordered. He apparently will eventually get you the kit which is nice, but you are basically at his mercy, when/if he ever sends it.

I can say that KD/DX look like customer service GODS compared to this guy, and he is located in Florida.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Often it takes a while for KD to actually ship the product after giving the tracking number. After many weeks of pestering that I got the tracking number. This did not show up on HK post for a week. After couple more PM, finally it showed on HK post as just starting.

- Vikas

Raymond

Enlightened
I have placed 3 orders with DX. One on march 5th (left hongkong on march 11th, according to hongkong post), one on march 15th (left hongkong on march 19th) and finally one on march 21 (left hongkong on march 27th, according to hongkong post). first order was shipped in 2 parts.
Until now, all packages have arrived in about 5 days from leaving hongkong (which means that I expect the last package to arrive early next week).

I'm very happy with the service I receiced from DX so far. I have broken my smartfire 504c light (see my post in the electronics forum), and they even offered me to replace the light, when I contacted them about purchasing spare parts. The online ordertracking works, I receive both order and shipping confirmations. No complaints here about DX :) It probably also helps that postservices between hongkong and NL are pretty good. If you check shipping times on the HKpost website, NL is one of very few countries that has a (fixed) 5 day transit time listed, instead of a 6-8 day range that most countries have.

I have placed a single order with kaidoman yesterday. I didn't receive a confirmation email, after paying with paypal, I got a message from the kai website that I placed an order of $0 (I emailed and got a reply that the order did came through ok) and there's no online ordertracking. So first impressions are a bit disappointing. But that's just "paperwork", I haven't received the items yet (it's been less than 2 days), so I can't say anything about kaidomain yet :)

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast

bguy

Newly Enlightened
I prefer DX over Kai.

I would put their shipping times as about the same. As quick as 11 days, but normally 3-4 weeks, and much longer if an item is not available.

DX I like for the wish list feature. The search function is much more usable. And order status is seems quite informative, including a hot link to the HK post tracking number.

Kai... well, I've gotten a Rex 2.0 and buckle light. The arrived in the same fasion as everyone elses. A coworker liked the Rex so I went in on the 2/$60 2.1 on Kai a few days before they "ran out". They showed a tracking number after about 3 days, but it was 13 days before HK post had the package.

Just keep in mind, accidents happen. Sometimes the wrong thing gets put in a package, or something gets left out. The DX system for dealing with it is klunky, but it worked for me the 1 time I had to use it.

Bradley

freshmaker

Newly Enlightened
I've purchased about 8 orders through Dealextreme and only one through Kaidomain. Every shipment from both companies has arrived as ordered.

Dealextreme has a far better user interface when it comes to order details. You can remain logged on for days at a time and instantly access your account. Kaidomain has a less user friendly user interface that is far less informative and requires you to log in, every time, to access your account.

I've had two dead flashlights from DX and one through KD. DX was more than happy to help but return shipping made one return pointless. KD's customer service is an exercise in pointlessness- a report of a dead $15 trustfire rcr123 light resulted in customer service responses that I would need to "install a battery" and that perhaps I should "change the bulb"... worthless. I will say that I do like their 2.1 Rexlights I ordered at 2 for $60- very nice for the price- but they appear to be sold out.

The prices are generally better at DX and the customer service is of higher caliber. I'll be sticking with DX... unless I find something very compelling at KD.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last order from KD was for a couple of items (5x drivers, a 5 pack of switches) that were supposedly in stock. After three weeks the status of the order was still "being collected from suppliers" and all I was getting from customer service each week when I queried what was happening was "Please wait a few more days" - even after I told them I wanted to cancel the order. "No, really, I do want to cancel." What's going on there these days?

And how'd I mange to get unsubscribed from this thread?

Last edited: