• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

LD60vn - Baby TK75vn ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a199578

Enlightened
Hmm this light is still tempting me even with the PWM...If you say its not bad I trust your judgment Vinh. With your mods, will this light still run on 1 battery only? I saw somewhere that it has that feature to run on one, two or of course all three batteries and depending on the number for batteries that is how many LEDs light up. I think that is cool!!

Thinking option C would be a good choice for me since I already have TK75vn KT.

For those of you who already have a TK75vn KT what option in this light would you pick? C or D?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hmm this light is still tempting me even with the PWM...If you say its not bad I trust your judgment Vinh. With your mods, will this light still run on 1 battery only? I saw somewhere that it has that feature to run on one, two or of course all three batteries and depending on the number for batteries that is how many LEDs light up. I think that is cool!!

Thinking option C would be a good choice for me since I already have TK75vn KT.

For those of you who already have a TK75vn KT what option in this light would you pick? C or D?

No it's bad. Any PWM is bad. Sorry not trying to be misleading. When I say it's not bad I just mean it's not as bad as most budget lights. The 3 LED has 3 independent circuit. Each powering a LED. So you can run the light with 1 cell and one LED.

ven

Flashaholic
vn version aside,its a $150-$160 light,now peeps who spend that kind of money will or i presume will know a bit about lights. Any google search will bring them to CPF anyway............so my point,i have a strong feeling Fenix will soon realise and get the message anyway,by either returns or complaints/questions due to PWM.

Of course thats my opinion,no good for now,but longer term i hope its addressed,if its not,their reputation will certainly suffer some!!!

Thanks for the 100% honesty vinh, i know i dont need to say that as it goes without saying, but still feel the need:)

If not all gone at later date i will take one off your hands:) i dont really do lows anyway.............so no real deal breaker for me personally although still annoying:shakehead

Regards as always from over the pond ,ven:)

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I don't really buy lights from u for the low modes...... Except when turbo gets to hot lol

I went and posted my dislike for this on their Facebook page.

Great idea, doing the same now

Done: Hi guys!Usually a massive fan of your lights, I own 2 TK75's!
Must say though I am VERY disappointed in your Fenix LD60, PWM is totally unacceptable for high end lights like your own. I hope this is something that will be fixed in the future promptly.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
Some guy in Western,PA. posted this on the Market Place. It was on the Fenix thread, "Any Questions"?

Why would you have PWM on your LD60 or any of your lights for that matter? It is unacceptable to have that in a quality light.

A lot of disappointed Fenix fans.
frown.gif

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
I posted a complaint on their face book page too

Some guy in Western,PA. posted this on the Market Place. It was on the Fenix thread, "Any Questions"?

Why would you have PWM on your LD60 or any of your lights for that matter? It is unacceptable to have that in a quality light.

A lot of disappointed Fenix fans.
frown.gif

kj2

Flashaholic
Selfbuilt has his review up on the LD60. He says it's NOT using PWM. It does however, has a flicker in it. Check out his review for a better explanation.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Whatever that something else is it's no fun LOL

Last edited:

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sucks!
Looking at selfbuilts readings it looks pretty bad on the lower modes.
Not expected at all from a Fenix light.

CUL8R

Enlightened
I posted about it in your HL55vn thread. I never noticed it at first as I hadn't used eco mode much and only when walking, so it was not really noticeable. But after reading about it in the headlamp section I checked it out. It is noticeable if you are looking for it. To me not much of a problem and one you can easily ignore. The only time it would really be noticeable is if you were using eco mode to read, etc. But I found that after a short while when you get absorbed in what ur reading you no longer notice it. I don't believe it is PWM as it isn't regular enough. I think its an artifact of the driver and only occurs on lowest "eco" mode. I really like my HL55vn and still recommend this headlamp to anyone who wants a really nice - and bright 18650 headlamp! I only posted because it appears fenix may be having similar issues in multiple lights. Maybe time for them to reengineer before they damage rep irreparably!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts