• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lumintop GTvn Mini - Baby Ultra Thrower

Guitartec

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know what firmware rev they're up to on the GT Mini? I just bought a 1.2 NW GT Mini on Nealsgadgets.com and was wondering if I got old stock. It was only $40. so I'm not complaining, jus wonderin'.

Dean
Lumintop AAA Tool
Lumintop AAA Tool Copper
Nitecore EC-4S

What comparably sized (50mm or less headsize) oslon/sst led throwers do you guys prefer over the GTmini? Other than the D1S emisar... that thing is so ugly haha.

If you want small and throw donÂ't overlook considering the Skylumen Delta. I have some size comparison shots in the preorder thread. I think he only has a couple left. It puts both those you mention to shame.

Sky Lumen Delta PRE-ORDER
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=446123&share_type=t

Thanks but I've already purchased (and gifted to a friend) my u21vn. It was just too big and heavy to carry in a jacket pocket on a regular basis, I'm looking for something significantly lighter / 45-50mm Head, 21700 or 18650... something between the Emisar D1 and GTmini size, geared entirely for throw to size ratio. (Bigger / better looking than the Emisar D1, basically a 21700 version w/oslon)

Any suggestions? Budget is 120$.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't think you can get better than the D1S or Mini GT at their respective sizes. V6 is actually a decently bit smaller than U21, but it has the same width head, and can only take the XHP 35 HI, since the reflector is so shallow.

Thanks, I'm looking for very very similar (cheaper) u22vn-like competition. Acebeam L30 is nice but it's too long, I don't like the tactical ring, and too expensive.

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'm looking for very very similar (cheaper) u22vn-like competition. Acebeam L30 is nice but it's too long, I don't like the tactical ring, and too expensive.

For $115 I think the Acebeam L16vn Spec 1 would be a better fit for throw than the L30 which is a tactical flooder. I have both and like them for their specific purposes. The L16vn is a bit shorter and you can always remove the tactical ring.

For $115 I think the Acebeam L16vn Spec 1 would be a better fit for throw than the L30 which is a tactical flooder. I have both and like them for their specific purposes. The L16vn is a bit shorter and you can always remove the tactical ring.

Thanks, I meant the L30 modified w/Oslon sorry! I think I'm just going to have to wait a while for the next release of something compact and throwy. With the new osram white LED I have high hopes.

Steeldog

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I meant the L30 modified w/Oslon sorry! I think I'm just going to have to wait a while for the next release of something compact and throwy. With the new osram white LED I have high hopes.

I gotcha. I'm looking forward to see when the new Acebeam T27 gets modded with the Oslon. It won't be as compact as the L30 but it's gonna throw.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks but I've already purchased (and gifted to a friend) my u21vn. It was just too big and heavy to carry in a jacket pocket on a regular basis, I'm looking for something significantly lighter / 45-50mm Head, 21700 or 18650... something between the Emisar D1 and GTmini size, geared entirely for throw to size ratio. (Bigger / better looking than the Emisar D1, basically a 21700 version w/oslon)

Any suggestions? Budget is 120$.

Maybe look into the Thrunite Catapult VN. I hear it gets hot fast though. No Oslon though.

Maybe look into the Thrunite Catapult VN. I hear it gets hot fast though. No Oslon though.

Thanks but 26650s are too large/heavy... if I could go that big, the Delta oslon would be the perfect solution... I just need a 21700 Delta/Catapult. (U22vn but cheaper / less loss of throw and intensity, comparatively.)

There isn't an answer yet. D1Svn Oslon/GTmini Oslon/U22vn Oslon are the closest. Need to go tiny a bit smaller.

Nokoff

Enlightened
Maybe you need an LEP thrower or Vinh's pocket aspheric then. You should really start a new thread if you want any more opinions on non-skylumen products tho, This is a sales thread even tho Vinh is too nice to ever say so, just common courtesy if not discussing his lights

Maybe you need an LEP thrower or Vinh's pocket aspheric then. You should really start a new thread if you want any more opinions on non-skylumen products tho, This is a sales thread even tho Vinh is too nice to ever say so, just common courtesy if not discussing his lights

Thanks but I much prefer a regular reflector's beam pattern. The purpose of discussion here was to gain feedback from GTmini owners, and similar VN modded lights designed to be ultra throwers such as the D1Svn/U22vn as to how they stack up. All aforementioned lights were VN modded, and it's the only place I ever intend to purchase from. Skylumen loyalist here! I don't want opinions on non-skylumen products.

A new thread would be ideal, yes... wasn't my intent to engage so many in discussion all of a sudden but replies kept coming lol.

Anyway major props to you for standing up for Vinh and trying to support his operations. I am with you my friend.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Nokoff

Enlightened
You misunderstand. I'm subscribed to this thread for discussion about this torch, but it's now all about what you want. I don't want 100 updates about what you want friend. See the difference.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I have not read all the posts but yea lets move along. :)

If anyone needs my specific opinion just shoot me an email. Other general questions put it the lounge. Thanks!!!

I bought back the U22vn Oslon today. Every week someone email me about ordering one and I keep on giving in to building more Oslon U22vn...Might as well make it a option again. :p