Lumens Factory E-series bodies

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need to post a comparison pic of the SF SW01 vs. Lumens Factory mini SW01 for E-series. Lights are a Surefire M3 Turbo and a Surefire E2D. Such a nice job done with these tailcaps!!!!

20220221_061652.jpg

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree. An SW01 tailcap, Fatty or Slim, is an outstanding addition to an E-series build.

And it's amazing I can actually turn on an E-series light wearing gloves now. Twist and go. You kind of could with a Z52, but not as easily. Who would have thought that would happen... Most importantly.. it just looks cool though.

Last edited:

chip100t

Enlightened
I am thinking at a lumens factory 2 cell classic e series body that can take 18650 unprotected cells.
Unprotected cells are fine with lumens factory e series heads as they have low voltage protection built in, but what about with my surefire defender ultra 1000 lm head.
Would that drain unprotected cells beyond safe levels if I was not careful?
Any other reasons why unprotected cells may not be ideal with surefire heads?

Any h lp would be appreciated.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well surefires are generally designed for lithium primary cells so they have no need for low voltage protection. Actually it would be a downside as you wouldn't be able to completely drain your cells. So no, it will not have LVP. Other issues, well depending on the design you may overdrive the circuitry and ruin the light as the voltage for rechargeable cells are higher voltage. And a single 18650 may not be enough

Long RunTime

Enlightened
Got some from Mark today. Got the brass bezel for my RPM brass body & tailcap, I wish he made the brass and Titanium e head, too.
From front row left to right:
1) C2 with PEU bezel and SW01 Skinny (aka UM00) McClicky Tailcap.
2) 6PP pineapple with Z44 Tritium Slotted Bezel and OR Triad tailcap.
3) E2P Pineapple with P60 to E Bezel and E Series SW01 Slim 'Baker's Cap'.
4) OR E70 body with P60 to E bezel and Defender Tritium Slotted Tailstanding McClicky Tailcap for Surefire P/Z/G/C.
5) E2 Classic Gen 1 with E Series Teardrop 3 Mode Head Unit and E Series Deep Pocket Carry Tailcap.
6) E1 Classic Gen 1 with OR TorchLAB v5 Triple E/Scout Head and LF E Series Z68 Style Tritium Slotted Defender Tailcap.
7) RPM Brass body, tailcap and SF head with LF brass bezel.

LF.jpg

Mark@LF

Enlightened
Just released the brand new E Series Triple LED Head Units.
Took quite a while to get it made and I am happy to finally be able to bring it out to you guys.

Two styles were made, the first follows the Classic Surefire Early L1 "Trumpet" Style.
(A limited version is also available with Tritium Slots built-in, I only made 40 pcs of the Tritium Slotted L1 Housings in each colour so grab them if you want them.)
The other version is a Smoothie Head with design elements from the Surefire E2T Tactician.
Both are made in the "Shelf" design for optimal heat dissipation.
Optics are the usual Carclo 10507 Triple Optics with the ability to install Glow Gaskets.

Hope you guys like them.

Cheers.

3 Eye Hex Grey Cren 001.jpg

3 Eye E2T Black Flat 004.jpg

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Mark@LF

I don't see them on the site yet. I'll definitely be picking one up to Lego with my LF bodies.
Mark has had the head modules ready a while ago, but delayed listing them on his Store until only recently.

I had the opportunity to procure one before the actual listing commenced. Overall it's very nicely built, very powerful and the large "hotspot" is great for most general (everyday) uses. It does lose some throw though so do be reminded beforehand.

Have tested this tri-LED module in an open park at night, along with another LF standard reflectored module. The latter throws a bit more but that throw output is of negligible usage under such test condition. However, such added throw will serve more purpose for illuminating narrower roads, back alleys etc.

Last edited:

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
@muichimon
In order for LF to be able to produce Elzetta parts, various conditions need to be met, such as
a. Access to Elzetta components for study and R&D
b. Long-term sustainability

If none of these conditions apply then unfortunately NO.

I wonder if making aftermarket ZFL heads for Elzetta would actually be a good idea? R&D should be straightforward. Of course direct clones wouldn't be good, but a simple head that can thread on to the Elzetta bodies with matched anodizing would nicely fill a gap for a discontinued part that is becoming more difficult to buy. Since Elzetta is selling the bodies on their own, the availability of ZFL heads would perhaps support the sales of the bodies and Malkoff drop ins.

@Mark@LF

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
The missing piece, as you noted, are the old Malkoff-compatible heads, as the rest of the flashlight Elzetta still makes.

Now, whether there would be enough interest to support launching a product line of replacement heads, I don't know.

I would only foresee the competition being Malkoff. However I like the option of having the hi/lo in the tail as an alternative to the hi/lo in the head from Malkoff.

I'm no professional analyst, but perhaps a single run of a few hundred heads might be feasible and profitable for Lumens Factory. They wouldn't even need to offer variants at this point. A run of the mill non-crenellated head might be successful. If it is, then offer the other variants.

fulee9999

Enlightened
I think there would a fairly large interest for the ZFL heads that Elzetta used to make. That way you could buy an Elzetta body and tailcap, a LumensFactory "ZFL" style head, and put in a Malkoff M61 module. Or maybe even a LumensFactory tailcap as well, it's basically the same C type tail as the SureFire 6P or Malkoff has, only longer.

But please make the low profile ZFL head ( pictured below ) as well, some of us don't care for the spiky heads.

20221028_104538-COLLAGE.jpg
20221026_225725.jpg