• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M25C2vnT - Best Single 18650 Thrower

kj2

Flashaholic
What is the extra impact resistance option precisely? Button top battery needed?

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
What is the extra impact resistance option precisely? Button top battery needed?

Driver is cooled and padded with Thermal pads. No play room. Connections points are also beefed up.

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Vinh just sent out mine fully loaded, and I should get it in 3-4 days, and i cant wait to test it out! I really hope it becomes your new Throw King or Throw Queen! Being only run on 1x 18650 do you really think it has the power to do it? if it does i would be really really impressed! If anyone has it already or gets it, and can test it, I would really be interested to know how far in meters it can throw.

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
BTW Vinh, do you have any estimated specs or beam shots you can show or tell us yet on the new thrower?

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened
Been wanting to get an ultra-throw light from you for a really long time, just never saw anything that fit my budget or style... until I saw this light. I have tons of super floody lights and even some decent compact throwers like the TX25C2 that you modded for me a long time ago, and it is still quite impressive even for ~55k lux. But Jmpaul's lux readings for the turbo head options on this light are phenomenal though, over 500k for the XM-L2, and almost 800k for the XP-G2... dang!!! Not a compact light by any means, but if I want to get a ultra thrower that is truly unique and won't break the bank, this seems one of the best options that I have found.

Would be interested in the XPG2 PDTc with the killer throw tuning. Curious as to the availability of it though, since you have it marked in red as under consideration. Is it a buyable option right now?

Would be no immediate rush on it, although wouldn't mind getting it sooner rather than later if it works out that way. But no supervisor breathing down my neck this time impatiently begging/bothering me for his light :D

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
XPG2 numbers are in in Justin thread. It is now and options. I have not gotten around to do more beam shots. This is why customers beam shots is GREATLY appreciated wherever I see them!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh when i get my xpg2 version ill be sure to take hd beamshots of both compared to other vn throwers i have

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: for XLM2 PDTc U3 & special killer throw tuning! Decided that the XPG2, while tempting, probably wouldn't be as impressive to non-flashaholics as the XML2 U3. Sure it is ~200k lux less, but the overall light output will be more and is still almost 600k lux, which is guaranteed to astonish absolutely anyone I show it to. Plus I have no real need for a laser-beam XPG2 light that isn't practical in the least, as I have a custom 2.5+ watt 445nm laser that I built for that which I can't/won't show anybody else unless they have protective goggles on as well :D

I did request the engraving as well, but I could not figure out how much extra it would be. Does it cost more? Whatever the cost I will pay no problem, just let me know and I will send you another payment.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received, my light today from Vinh after some testing from Justin and checked it out tonight. As Vinh has said, this is a beast. Lit up cars from over 3 blocks away like I was on the side of the road. Thanks, Vinh ....Robert

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Just incase someone hasn't posted it already, here are the results of the M25C2vnT vs the Current Throw Queen:

Eagle Tac M25C2vn Turbo head XPG2 PDT
Sony vtc5
783@ turn on
754@ 30 sec
228 low
Throw - 775,000 lux

Fenix TK61vn PDT
Samsung 20r
1465@ turn on
1434@ 30 sec
707 high
282 mid
51 low
Throw - 612,000 lux

:party: Looks like we Got a new Throw King!

LessDark

Enlightened
But you are comparing a XPG LED with a XML, wouldn't a XPG in the tk61 throw even further?
That is also the the tk61 v1, not the v4.

Just incase someone hasn't posted it already, here are the results of the M25C2vnT vs the Current Throw Queen:

Eagle Tac M25C2vn Turbo head XPG2 PDT
Sony vtc5
783@ turn on
754@ 30 sec
228 low
Throw - 775,000 lux

Fenix TK61vn PDT
Samsung 20r
1465@ turn on
1434@ 30 sec
707 high
282 mid
51 low
Throw - 612,000 lux

:party: Looks like we Got a new Throw King!

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, it wouldn't since the TK-61 has a plastic reflector. It has too many imperfections to be able to focus the small DIE of the de-domed XP-G2 properly.
The fact that the reflectors are made out of aluminium instead of plastic is one of the nicest features of the M25C2 Turbo.

Capolini

Banned
The accomplishment of the M25C2vn T is impressive. However, because it is limited to ONLY 1 X 18650, it is also LIMITED in run time and how long it can sustain lumen output and its initial 775Kcd! I would bet after 15 consecutive minutes on max it will be less than 625Kcd.

My Friend Settimio measured my TK61vn V4 @ 785Kcd. :). Because it has 4 X 18650 it is able to sustain TOTAL output MUCH longer,,,,,which for me is a much more practical light! ;)

EDIT: As usual, the case is about preference,,also practicality. I use my lights Seven Nights/week for 65 to 90 minutes depending on which trail I take.

There are very few people on here who do that, whether walking a Dog like me or just hiking. Again, I USE my lights, not everyone does! Some just turn them on for 5 or 10 minutes and say,,,WOW! That is fine to. For me Practicality[decent run times], Power and dependability are the essential ingredients that my lights need to have.:)

Last edited:

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
But you are comparing a XPG LED with a XML, wouldn't a XPG in the tk61 throw even further?
That is also the the tk61 v1, not the v4.

Well as Vinh has stated, he no longer will sell any of the later versions of the tk61vn v2 thru v4, due to reliability issues and only sell the TK61vn v1. So out of all the lights he currently sells now, the M25C2vnT is the Top King Thrower. But, yes if compared to the discontinued tk61vn v4, it would win, but not by much I think...

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got this a fiat lux xpg2 pdtc version in the mail today. Omg does it throw. It has the most define hotspot iv ever seen in my life. It outthrows my xml2 version with ease !!!

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamshots and pics coming tonight but ill leave you guys with this ;)

83669ef7-f989-46c0-b2f2-f2b1985e78a6_zps6efbyhym.jpg

luxxlightsaber

Enlightened
The accomplishment of the M25C2vn T is impressive. However, because it is limited to ONLY 1 X 18650, it is also LIMITED in run time and how long it can sustain lumen output and its initial 775Kcd! I would bet after 15 consecutive minutes on max it will be less than 625Kcd.

My Friend Settimio measured my TK61vn V4 @ 785Kcd. :). Because it has 4 X 18650 it is able to sustain TOTAL output MUCH longer,,,,,which for me is a much more practical light! ;)

EDIT: As usual, the case is about preference,,also practicality. I use my lights Seven Nights/week for 65 to 90 minutes depending on which trail I take.

There are very few people on here who do that, whether walking a Dog like me or just hiking. Again, I USE my lights, not everyone does! Some just turn them on for 5 or 10 minutes and say,,,WOW! That is fine to. For me Practicality[decent run times], Power and dependability are the essential ingredients that my lights need to have.:)

I use all my lights to walk my dog, my dog is one of the main reason's I have all these lights!!