• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M25C2vnT - Best Single 18650 Thrower

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened
Oh... my... goodness!!! :eek:oo: Got the XM-L2 U3 PDTc version today and I am absolutely blown away with this light. The beam is so intense and focused it is mind boggling, I can hit a tree from way across the street in BROAD DAYLIGHT and still make out the hotspot! :faint: I can shine it around the yard in midday California sunlight, and make out the freakin hotspot with ease!! Shining it on a white-wall inside the house during the day leaves an after-image on my eyes, and the hotspot has a 'tail' when I quickly move it around along a wall. And at night? Oh boy... The hotspot seems to get brighter/more effective/intense the further away I shine it, and effortlessly illuminates trees and buildings as far as I can see as if was daytime. This is a freakin laser beam of insanely bright LED light! WOW! Hotspot is such a perfect sphere too, I really like smooth reflectors more and more due to the nice oval effect rather than smoothed out (gradient) effect like you get with orange peel. There is just something so majestic and enjoyable about a perfectly well-defined round hotspot, it's like I have a planet projector in the palm of my hands. Plus I am a laserholic too, so the rounder the better!

I have been waiting a very long time to finally get a vinh super throwy light that just blows me away in throw distance and brightness, yet is still somewhat compact. I am happy to say that this is it! Makes my (now second) most throwy light, the v1 Eagletac TX25C2vn de-domed XM-L2, look like a Zebralight SC600 in throw comparison! Plus with the driverVN v2 (which I wasn't expecting to get, thank you very much vinh for including it!) I have a near unlimited supply of modes that I can program and use whenever I need them! How cool is that?!! :D

It's too bad the mode switching can't be done with the eagletac head turning, but it is not a big (or small) deal whatsoever since I can program any modes I want with just a few clicks. And as for the tint, I am very pleased. I've never seen a cool-white dedomed, only my TX25C2vn which was a dedomed neutral white (I think 5000k), which ended up being a bit too yellow for my tastes (but still incredibly impressive for the size). However the XM-L2 U3 dedomed is not bad at all, it isn't overly green or yellow, but a decent area in between (that is if you can even make out the hotspot tint since it is such a blindingly white perfect sphere of light, lol).

Absolutely love it, than you so much vinh!! I can't even imagine the XP-G2 version, probably need a good 1/2 mile before that super-focused beam becomes useful, lol.

I might be able to get a few beamshots in comparison with my v1 TX25C2vn possibly this weekend, but honestly this is a light you just have to see in person to fully comprehend. And the size/shape of the light is really unique, single 18650 and just looks awesome! Would be beyond perfect if Eagletac made it into a side-clicky!! :eek:

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I have yet to feel any serious heat-up while having the light on at 100% for several minuets. I havent done any dedicated runtesting or anything, but the light remained cool for the times I ran it at, only getting slightly warm at the base of the huge reflector area after somewhat prolonged use. But the bigger parts of the head remained cool. I would imagine there is enough aluminum in this light to keep it cool for quite some time, maybe even while running turbo until the battery drains completely (which it would naturally decrease output as the battery drains, thus decrease heat). Such a farcry from my TX25C2vn and all of my other small high-output XM-L(2) lights, which get blisteringly hot after just a few minuets on turbo.

Last edited:

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Thanks for the detailed description. Sounds like another great Vinh light. Glad you are happy with it. I just bought a Niteye Eye40vn that Vinh bumped from 3000 to 7000 on turbo mode which is nuts. It's more than my Polarion PH40 HID light. How the hell does he do that? LOL

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
No, it wouldn't since the TK-61 has a plastic reflector. It has too many imperfections to be able to focus the small DIE of the de-domed XP-G2 properly.
The fact that the reflectors are made out of aluminium instead of plastic is one of the nicest features of the M25C2 Turbo.

Not for me. I have seen nicer plastic reflectors than I have aluminum reflectors. (smoother that is, as most aluminum reflectors have visible lines/grooves)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not for me. I have seen nicer plastic reflectors than I have aluminum reflectors. (smoother that is, as most aluminum reflectors have visible lines/grooves)
that is because those aluminum reflectors are junk lol. the m25c2 turbo reflector is practically perfect

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened
that is because those aluminum reflectors are junk lol. the m25c2 turbo reflector is practically perfect

My M25C2 reflector appears perfect looking. But it does seem to have a tiny bit of orange-peeling going on, as It's not a perfectly smooth glass surface. Not by defect I imagine, but by design. Probably to smooth out any hard edges or miniscule defects in the emitter and area around the emitter, but is still smooth enough to focus like a beast and give a very well defined spherical hotspot with only a minimal 'aurora' around the hotspot at close distances.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast

The "shinyness" of the reflector has has nothing to do with the accuracy of its parabola shape. The accuracy is what is important if you want to use really small LEDs like the de-domed XP-G2. Plastic reflectors have limits when it comes to accuracy. Metal and glass based ones will alsways have the possibility of being better.

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tiny bit of op is so little it does not hurt throw but its just enough to kill any rings or imperfections that might have formed. its a perfectly designed refector imo

dfe30f3e-b627-4a94-b247-6e9a47d88b3f_zpsslkrx0dr.jpg

This Turbo version IS absolutely amazing. I got the XPG2 version with the full Vinh treatment - thanks Vinh - and the throw is just stunning. The non-turbo version was and is fantastic - but the Turbo version is unbelievable in comparison. There are not enough superlatives to describe this monster and Vinh's treatment.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Eagle Tac M25C2vn Turbo head XML2 PDT
Sony vtc5
1257@ turn on
1175@ 30 sec
814 high
578 mid
170 low
53 low2
Throw - 580,000 lux

Eagle Tac M25C2vn Turbo head XPG2 PDT
Sony vtc5
783@ turn on
754@ 30 sec
228 low
Throw - 775,000 lux

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This Turbo version IS absolutely amazing. I got the XPG2 version with the full Vinh treatment - thanks Vinh - and the throw is just stunning. The non-turbo version was and is fantastic - but the Turbo version is unbelievable in comparison. There are not enough superlatives to describe this monster and Vinh's treatment.

The XPG2 version is way more popular than I thought. So many are ordering it to spot buoy and for hunting...How the heck can you mount it to a rifle???

So Vinh, on mine I notice there are two modes, high and low which can be interchanged by clicking the tailcap switch. There is memory with each provided you leave it about 3 seconds between clicks.

I assume there are no other modes or adjustments possible and that head-twisting, etc have no effect? I don't want any other modes - just want to be know.

Again, this Turbo head with XPG2 and the Vinh "Fully Loaded" treatment is A_M_A_ZING. Thanks for the "Fully Loaded" card BTW and for putting the V54 on the tailcap as requested.

The XPG2 version is way more popular than I thought. So many are ordering it to spot buoy and for hunting...How the heck can you mount it to a rifle???

Last edited:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Last mode memory occur 1 second light is off.

You can change the modes if you want. Yours have DriverVN2.

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened
Anybody get this with the MT-G2 option yet? Jmpauls readings only include XM-L2 and XP-G2, but I am real curious to how the MT-G2 emitter fairs in this humongous sized reflector.

With two 18350's it can retain the same size but with reduced runtime. And with the enormous output of the MT-G2 I would love to see it in comparison to the other variants vinh offers in regards to throw. Plus with the MT-G2 perfect tint as well!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Man the more of these lights I mod the more I start to like them LOL Aint that weird?!

greg82

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh can you tell me the price with International shipping ??

Sony vtc5
783@ turn on
754@ 30 sec
228 low
Throw - 775,000 lux

​Thanks

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Vinh can you tell me the price with International shipping ??

Sony vtc5
783@ turn on
754@ 30 sec
228 low
Throw - 775,000 lux

​Thanks

$190 Factory XML2 U2 Dome On with boosted factory driver
Extra Options:

+ $30 for XPG2 PDTc & Special Killer Throw Tuning (Under consideration)
+ $35 for DriverVN
+ $20 for International Shipping

$275