Maglite LED conversion?

gh05

Newly Enlightened
I have an old Maglite Rechargeable, Model RX1019. It takes a bulb with 2 pins. Does anyone know if there is an LED conversion for this flashlight?
Thanks

That sounds like a magcharger. The bulb is a "g4" bulb and finding a 6v g4 led bulb should be pretty easy. Due to thermals though it probably won't be very good or much brighter than it is now. Up to you but that's a pretty sweet light as it is. I'd keep it as is and enjoy.

Firefly is a pricey option, and a quality drop-in.

OP asks for LED upgrading, If plan using the flashlight regularly, Lumencraft is worth every penny..

.. and can always return mag charger to stock.

As is, it has a nice warm tint and wonderful beam :knight:

I run my Magcharger stock. Save your money and get the new LED magcharger with code BFCM40

I've never used a mag charger. But it looks great on paper. The incandescent one. But I do have a stream light ultra stinger, which should be pretty similar. And that thing is freaking awesome.

The ican MagCharger is a very good torch. Obviously it won't match a modern LED in output. But it has other qualities. The stock MagCharger bulb is quite nice if you want a tight throwy beam. I'd bet the old NiCd battery is knackered. You can get newer NiMh replacements. But if you fancy spicing it up a bit you can easily run AA's by means of AA to D cell serial adapters. Sanyo Eneloops are great and you can bump up the voltage by one cell for better performance.

I currently have a Phillips 5761 30w 6v bulb in mine running on 2 x LiFePo4 cells. It has a nice big beam, quite good beam distance and more than enough lumens to be very useful.

The ican MagCharger is a very good torch. Obviously it won't match a modern LED in output. But it has other qualities. The stock MagCharger bulb is quite nice if you want a tight throwy beam. I'd bet the old NiCd battery is knackered. You can get newer NiMh replacements. But if you fancy spicing it up a bit you can easily run AA's by means of AA to D cell serial adapters. Sanyo Eneloops are great and you can bump up the voltage by one cell for better performance.

I currently have a Phillips 5761 30w 6v bulb in mine running on 2 x LiFePo4 cells. It has a nice big beam, quite good beam distance and more than enough lumens to be very useful.

I stumbled upon this post looking for info on my RX1016. It is a rechargeable that came with a NiCd battery which is dead. I have the original charger, can it charge a NiMh properly? Doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on the RX1016. Mostly the RX1019. I don't know what the difference is.