Maglite ML150LR Closer To Release

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure about the ML150, but the old C cell Mags fit in the old baton rings used for wooden batons and I am sure some of the open ended holsters for the stinger series would work too.

XR6Toggie

Newly Enlightened
Not sure about the ML150, but the old C cell Mags fit in the old baton rings used for wooden batons and I am sure some of the open ended holsters for the stinger series would work too.

We haven't been issued long batons for many years but I'm sure I could dig up one of the old baton rings. I'm sure they're in a box somewhere with the trench coats, leather jacket and spare Maglite bulbs.

There are a couple of good gear sites where I could pick one up anyway. I've been meanling to get myarlf an ML300LX because I like the look of them but this new Magcharger looks like a beast and I'm hoping they're available down here fairly soon too.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The old metal baton rings might be better than Mag's plastic rings in that they are harder to break (I have broken several of the plastic D cell Mag rings, I think I had a coated metal ring at one time that lasted longer, I don't remember what happened to it), although uncoated metal rings might wear the finish on a Mag. BTW I hated the carrying a D cell Mags in the rings, especially when running. If I were looking to carry a ML150 on a duty rig today I would probably go with something like this:

https://www.galls.com/bianchi-accumo...t-light-holder

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks basically like a lithium powered magcharger. Only problem I have with mag led lights is the ANSI lumens and runtime specs. They always drop in output after a short time and give steadily dropping output. Which is too bad as this will be a buck driven light and should give constant output till dead

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The ML50 head at the barrel is about 30mm. The OD of the bezel about 49mm.

I used an analog caliper so figure +/- a mm or 2.

The ML150 looks very similar in size (in the pix I've seen)

Like xxo said, very much like the Stinger. I use Stinger anti-roll devices on ML25's and a 50 (now)

Last edited:

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the rules it says it may take up to 5 days to notify the winner. There's also a mailing address to send a request for the winners name. And if you do win you have to reply within a few days with the address to which you'd want them ship it. So, still waiting... It would be nice though, right?

ank

Newly Enlightened
If the battery is lifepo, how is it possible to sustain 1000 lumens for 3 hours?? lifes have 4x less capacity than lions

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because they use ANSI standards. So it'll be 1000 lumen for ~2 minutes. Then drop to around 400 lumens and slowly drop from there. That's how all maglites work regardless of cell chemistry used

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because they use ANSI standards. So it'll be 1000 lumen for ~2 minutes. Then drop to around 400 lumens and slowly drop from there. That's how all maglites work regardless of cell chemistry used. Surefires and streamlights are the same except the lower output stingers. And lifepo4 is about half the capacity. If they're using 2x26650 they'll be about 3000mah each

maglite mike

Enlightened
The LRX version is just flat black without the grenade grip, I guess? I bought the LR version, they didn't have the LRX version at B&H. I didn't receive yet though.