Malkoff LED drop-in for Surefires Spec List

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
UPDATE 1-10-2016: It appears that this spec comparison sheet was eliminated with Malkoff's most recent website update.

Malkoff's website has it's own spec comparison sheet now for all of it's CURRENT offerings, None of the previously made product specs are on his list. See the one in this thread for all of his old/original products.

http://www.malkoffdevices.com/compare-flashlights.php

Last edited:

johnny0000

Newly Enlightened
Wow, what a blast from the past. Resurrection! I still have a bunch of old M60 MC-E that are sitting in some Surefire hosts collecting dust. Guess it's time to see how they look.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M60 MCE is still at the top of the flood class. If I had as many as you, the dust wouldnt get a chance to collect on em!

Wow, what a blast from the past. Resurrection! I still have a bunch of old M60 MC-E that are sitting in some Surefire hosts collecting dust. Guess it's time to see how they look.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw this thread for the 1st time ever !

GREAT JOB Notregulated :)

Definetely should be make into a STICKY

calabazas

Newly Enlightened
If Cree XM-L T6 or U2 can generate 800 to 900 lumens, why bother with 400LM drop-in? My ignorance, or technology gap?

Dplight21

Banned
It is the huge list of The Malkoff LEDs. I have visited this site, in where the MD2,MD3,MD4 and CR123 Malkoff Devices new Flashlights are available at resonable price.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Malkoff LED drop-in choices for Surefires spec list

Keep in mind that the current draw info is for only 1 voltage level. For a lot of these modules its at 6V, for others its at 9V. These are all regulated modules which means the current does NOT stay constant as the voltage goes down. Since you list the currents, you should put the voltages that these currents were listed at in red or parantheses so people will know for example that one light that draws 750mA does so at the 6V level. It is the power that is being kept fairly constant as my old testing that is posted somewhere used to show. By knowing the expected power level and then the mAH rating of one's batteries, then the person could figure out roughly what the expected run time would be for that battery configurations voltage level. The M61 is for example rated at 650mA at 6V. That's 3.9 watts of power being consumed. If you are using 2 18350 batteries instead of 2 disposable 3V lithiums. You have a starting voltage of a little over 8V. If we assume that battery voltage is going to sag and just use the published "rated" output of 3.7V per battery that is 7.4. 3.9W / 7.4V is an average of 0.527 amps. If the 2 batteries in series say they are rated for 1600mAH (current rating does not change in series), then in theory the run time should be over 3 hours. Since most batteries have a protection cut off prior to going dead, I would cut that estimate short by 25%. So 1600mAH/527mA X 0.75 = 2.27 hours which I would simply round out to roughly 2 and a half hour expected run time for this one example. If you have the hi/lo ring and it drops down to low you get more runtime but at reduced power output level. :D

good work by the way. :twothumbs

I like the current draw info and this layout. It helps me estimate my runtime with my application. Also, you can put the Malkoff P7 drop-in:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs